NWN: it is out...So who is going to run an online campaign?

Xar666

First Post
Since the game is out now, who is going to start working on a campaign to host online for players to join? If you are creating a campaign, what will it be like? HacknSlash, Political...etc?

Will you run 1 shot modules or an ongoing campaign? Are any NWN DMs going to post their server info here for players to join? Maybe we could have a forum just for available games?

The_lone_gunman

First Post
I plan on transfering all the locations from my current tabletop game, along with NPC's, groups, etc., into NWN. My plan is then to have another, ongoing online campaign that is happening at the same time as the table top one (ie. the ones in the computer are other heroes who are running around and hearing about the "tabletop" heroes.

TLG

Lazybones

Adventurer
Right now I'm thinking maybe a month or two to get through the single player game, and another month to learn the scripting language and master the DM client. I'll probably run some test servers w/one-shots during that time, but hopefully will have a fully working campaign that meets regularly (say once every other week or so) by the end of that period.

I think I'm going to announce the game 1st on my story hour thread, and if I need more players I'll post here. I'll probably use my website to outline the "rules" for my server and host other background info. The game-matching services provided within this and other games are fine for FPS, but for a game like this I don't want to waste my time with players I haven't had a chance to screen 1st.

From what I've heard, there will likely be far more players than DMs, so I don't expect a problem in finding good players.

Of course, everything could change once I get a chance to play the game and see how the multiplayer aspect works in practice. We'll see how it goes, but I'm excited about finally being able to run a game again.

pensiv

Explorer
in a month or so I'll start to work on developing a campaign for NWN. How I'll go about it exactly depends on the scope of the game of course. I'd really love to set up a free standing campaign world that doesn't require me to DM all the time, but we'll see.

your_mother

Explorer
I have my own mammoth module that I am working on fleshing out. If anyone is interested in testing it with me, e-mail me.

Currently, I'm allowing any kind of player characters but when it goes live I'll have to be more restrictive. I don't want all the wacky crap that's in the single player module coming in. It's too high-magic for my tastes.

Remove ads