The Kane, Order of the Kane, Greater Initiative

Sravoff

First Post
First off, what kinda stats would a war caen have? Yeah, the things old people use to walk.

I was thinking two handed exotic weapon.
DMG: Sm. 1D6 Md. 1D8
CRIT: X2
Special: Gain the disarm and trip bonus's. +2 bonus, and can drop for all that.

Doesn't quite look like a two handed weapon yet does it? What else coud you give it? I doubt increase in damage or crite, its just a metal stick. So the crit and damaeg seems like more than enough.

Also, what about another initiative feat?
Greater Initiativ
Preq: Improved Initiative, Lightning reflexes.
You add an additional 6 to your initiative total, how ever, you may only take readied actions. So you can't act, but you coud ready, a spell to counter an oponents.
Basically allows you to react quickly to oponents. I am not sure if this makes alot of sense, as I ahven't played for awhile, but this mechanic is suposed to be used so an archer could inerupt an enemy caster spell, or a fighter intersect an arrow, or attacker targeting a friendy oponent.

I am also plannin on making an Order of the Kane prestige class, but don't ahve any ideas yet.

Any Comments are most welcome.

-Sravoff

Nyaricus

First Post
evening Sravoff.

Here i go again . . . okay, in case anyone doesn't know it yet I LOVE the book From Stone To Steel. I has become one of my core books for all of my campaigns - Forgotten Realms, and my own campaign world. I'll give you a bit of a spoiler here. Canes were, for some time, considered dueling weapons, and some even had a hidden compartment with a thin sword tucked in there.

For a standard Steel Cane (BTW, there are a half dozen varients for a "plain" cane, and 1 entry for a sword cane from a brief search on my part.) it costs 8 gp, does 1d6 damage for medium creatures, does a basic x2 crit, weights about 4 Ibs, and is a bludgeoning weapon. It's also a simple weapon, and is urg (can't think of term here, cus this is a 3.0 book and i am trying to update it), longsword size - so a 1H or 2H weapon, depending on the user's style of fighting.

Hope that helps you start off, but i really sugest this book for any who are serious into weapons.

Nyaricus

First Post
btw, your "cane" you stat out is, basically, a quarterstaff - AKA a "walking stick", which is another thing again different from a cane.

As for your greater init feat . . i am not really a fan for anything more powerful than improved init. Sorry, feel fre to disregard my opinion, i just don't really care for it.

Just a couple of thoughts

Sravoff

First Post
Ah, it is a walking stick with a few changes though.......

It does more damage, though it doesn't have two ends, so that evens out.
It does gain the trip and disarm bonus's though, which was why I thought perhaps an exotic weapon.

Perhaps just a martial.....though I don't want it to be used by every one......it is an exotic weapon because no one trains in them.....in my campaign.

I will definitly check out From Stone To Steel

Thanks for the comments all.

Last edited:

Nyaricus

First Post
Greetings again, Sravoff.

I just want to mention that in From Stone To Steel, it very explicitally says in each entry that canes and sword canes do not have enough weight to make trip attack. On the up side, you can use use weapon finesse for canes and sworde canes.

Hope that helps!

the Jester

Legend
Your initiative feat is way too good imho. There's an epic feat that gives +4 on top of Improved Initiative; anything non-epic should prolly give +1 and another benefit (perhaps an additional +1 to Reflex saves? Or require Dodge and Improved Init, and have it grant +1 initiative and +1 dodge bonus to AC?).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases