Quirky Food Habits

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
I put a little sugar in the bottom of my cup before pouring in the coffee; cream goes last, so I can judge the proper amount.

When I get Chick-fil-a fries, I get ketchup, buffalo sauce, and Polynesian sauce. I break a fry in half, dip one end of one half in ketchup, and one each of the other half in buffalo and Polynesian sauces. It's yummy.

I eat my pizza with ranch dressing and those yummy red pepper flakes.

Matter of fact, I like those red pepper things on a lot of stuff. I eat hot sauce on a lot of foods, too.

I like my grilled cheese sandwiches with mustard (preferably Kroger's stone-ground with garlic) and hot sauce. No pickles or nothin'; a bit of ham if it's on hand, though.

I don't eat vegetables. Except for corn and a very few others. I'm one of those "super-taster" people; I also can't stand the taste of alcohol. I don't like V8 juice, either.

I'm perfectly happy eating raw meat. I can take it anywhere raw to very well done; I'm not picky, although I prefer medium-rare. Mmmmm-meat.

I like bottled Pepsi and canned Coke. Especially Vanilla Coke.

When I was a kid, I ate mayonnaise sandwiches. They don't sound so appetizing now.

A delicious sandwich is fried ham, egg, ranch dressing, cheddar and Muenster or provalone, mustard, and hot sauce on toasted Pumpernickel.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Torm said:
I, at the ripe old age of 30, still try to separate my foods unless it is something specifically meant to be eaten together. To the extent that at a buffet restaurant, I will use some relatively flavor neutral substance like rice or mashed potatoes to "build" a separator tray on my plate before getting anything else.

I have been accused, by my more Trek-knowledgable friends, of being Romulan. ;)

Even I've done the food separation bit...

And, yes, you are a Rom. Time to check for the pointed ears..... :lol:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I eat the crusts off my sandwiches first, because I don't like crust. If I'm eating M&Ms, or any other multicolored candy (or froot loops for that matter) I play little sorting games, eating them so that I don't eat two of the same color in a row and the last ones in my hand are all different colors.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
I eat the crusts off my sandwiches first, because I don't like crust. If I'm eating M&Ms, or any other multicolored candy (or froot loops for that matter) I play little sorting games, eating them so that I don't eat two of the same color in a row and the last ones in my hand are all different colors.

I eat the brown, yellow and orange ones first. Then sort the rest. Eating one color at a time.

AIM-54

First Post
Sing it with me Canucks!

Kahuna Burger said:

"When you eat your Smarties, do you eat the Red ones last?"

Oh, wait, you don't... ;)

Actually, I got reminded of one. I put hot sauce in my spaghetti sauce. My preference is Crystal (which I can get now that I live in the South, again!), but sometimes I mix it up with Tabasco instead. I also put it in my scrambled eggs, but I don't think that's particularly weird.

John Cooper

Explorer
When eating Skittles, I prefer eating two at a time, of the same color, if at all possible. It's usually possible right up until the end, when I'll have to eat a yellow with an orange or a red with a purple.

John Cooper said:
When eating Skittles, I prefer eating two at a time, of the same color, if at all possible. It's usually possible right up until the end, when I'll have to eat a yellow with an orange or a red with a purple.
I do the exact opposite. I eat them two or three at a time, but always different color/flavor combinations.

drothgery

First Post
When I get a soft taco, I always add sauce then refold the thing into a burrito-esque shape so that nothing falls out...

I don't understand the appeal of ketchup on fries, or why anyone would combine peanut butter and jelly...

Infiniti2000

First Post
With M&Ms as a little kid I used to play M&M Wars. You separate them into colors and have them "fight" each other to see which is the strongest color (the last remaining). Two M&Ms fight by squishing them together until one breaks. You eat the loser, of course, and then well, eventually eat the winners. ;)

Galeros, that habit will stop when you get your first case of acid reflux. Trust me on that one. It'd be best to avoid that now and slow down, but I certainly didn't listen to that advice at your age either so I don't expect you to. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases