Quirky Food Habits

reveal

Adventurer
Rel said:
Now THAT's a "quirky food habit"! ;)

You could say that.

[sblock]Police arrested Malcolm Davidson, a 27 year-old white male resident of Wilmington, NC, in a pumpkin patch at 11:38pm Friday.

Davidson will be charged with lewd and lascivious behavior, public indecency, and public intoxication at the County courthouse on Monday.

The suspect allegedly stated that as he was passing a pumpkin patch, he decided to stop. "You know, a pumpkin is soft and squishy inside, and there was no one around here for miles. At least I thought there wasn't," he stated in a phone interview from the County courthouse jail.

Davidson went on to state that he pulled over to the side of the road, picked out pumpkin that he felt was appropriate to his purposes, cut a hole in it, and proceeded to satisfy his alleged "need". "I guess I was just really into it, you know?" he commented with evident embarrassment.

In the process, Davidson apparently failed to notice the Wilmington Municipal police car approaching and was unaware of his audience until officer Brenda Taylor approached him.

"It was an unusual situation, that's for sure." said Officer Taylor.

"I walked up to (Davidson) and he's...just working away at this pumpkin." Taylor went on to describe what happened when she approached Davidson. He just went up and said, 'Excuse me sir, but do you realize that you are screwing a pumpkin?'

He got real surprised as you'd expect and then looked me straight in the face and said,

A pumpkin? Damn... is it midnight already?"[/sblock]

Belen

Adventurer
reveal said:
I try not to take my breakfast cereal so seriously. ;)

I don't really think I have any "weird" food quirks. I guess the weirdest thing I do is eat one item on the plate at a time, unconciously. For example, if I have a chop, potatoes, and green beans, I'll eat the chop first, completely, then finish off the potatoes, and then finish the green beans. If I catch myself doing it, I'll make an effort to stop and "mix it up."

I do the same thing, only I save the meat for last. I always start with the veggie. Mixing food together in a pile makes me sick to my stomache. In fact, this is why I cannot eat things like pot pies or green bean casserole....

Belen

Adventurer
Torm said:
I, at the ripe old age of 30, still try to separate my foods unless it is something specifically meant to be eaten together. To the extent that at a buffet restaurant, I will use some relatively flavor neutral substance like rice or mashed potatoes to "build" a separator tray on my plate before getting anything else.

I have been accused, by my more Trek-knowledgable friends, of being Romulan. ;)

Yep...or rather, a human who was raised by Romulans to be a Federation spy. :cool:

Kid Socrates

First Post
Cheez-Its must be eaten two at a time. No more, no less. Anything else is blasphemy! Also, they must be plain Cheez-Its. Anything else is weeeeeeeeeeird and not for human consumption. Also, Cheese Nips are a foul abomination compared to the holy powers of Cheez-Its.

My favorite kind of ice cream is anything Oreo -- Breyer's Oreo Cookies 'n Cream is the best ice cream ever in my opinion. I will eat it and, on the times a whole Oreo survived the ice-cream-making procedure, it goes back in the ice cream box until all the ice cream is gone, and then seven spoonfuls of Oreo is eaten at once.

I always eat Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats frosting side down once I get it on the spoon -- maximizing taste.

I save purple Skittles for last. In the past, I would set ALL of them aside and then eat the entire handful at once. It's a miracle I survived to 23.

On almost everything I eat, condiments are tools of the devil! I eat cheeseburgers plain, chicken sandwiches plain, fries with no ketchup, hot dogs plain, so forth and so on. However, Italian food is the exception, as it takes me some time to pick through the vegetables and 14 pounds of marinara sauce to get to the actual food -- and I'll eat every bite of it.

I find something very weird about eating chicken with my hands or with a fork, and sometimes I'll find myself just not wanting it anymore. However, if I put that same piece of chicken between two slices of bread and eat it like a sandwich? All gone instantly.

I am a food weirdo.

Kid Socrates said:
I find something very weird about eating chicken with my hands or with a fork, and sometimes I'll find myself just not wanting it anymore. However, if I put that same piece of chicken between two slices of bread and eat it like a sandwich? All gone instantly.

That is very strange... but - I suppose - it's similar to the way I feel about fish served with the heads on. I won't eat it... but, if I cut the head off and put it on a different plate - it's fine.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
My wife insists that any kind of burger has to have the condiments on the bottom bun, the cheese should be melted on top of the burger. She hates having the cheese touching the condiments.

When I visited my Grandmother as a kid, she always had a bowl of M&Ms and I would have a glass of 7-Up for a drink. I would take my first M&M and drop it into the 7-Up. Once the drink was gone I would eat that M&M.

Only thing quirky I can think of these days, at least according to my wife and kids, is that I eat dill pickle sandwiches. Toast the bread, a little butter, a little mayo and dill pickle slices. Mmmmm :)

sniffles

First Post
I don't like it when items with meat have large chunks of meat in them. I mean things like a casserole with chicken in it, for instance. I'll always eat the smaller pieces of meat first, and if there's enough meat to fill me up then I'll leave the larger chunks on the plate. I realized that last night while I was eating salted pepper squid at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant. I kept eating all the small chunks, and ended up leaving some large pieces of squid on the platter when I got full.

When I eat Cheetos or corn chips, I avoid eating the ones that are really bent, curled, gnarled or otherwise distorted. I prefer the ones that are uniform in shape and size. I'll eat the crumbly bits at the bottom of the bag before I'll eat the distorted chips. :D

[edit] Oh yeah, when I eat M&Ms, I usually eat two at a time, and I match them by color. If I pour a handful out of the bag I'll group them by color: browns together, oranges together, etc. If I don't have two of the same color in my hand, then I pair them with another coordinating color. :lol:

Last edited:

Remove ads