Just got Thieves' World

yipwyg

First Post
I just got the 2 pdf's Players Guide and Shadowspawns Guide. I have just gotten enough time to skim it, and I must say I am very Impressed. I hope they decide to expand the product line to more than 4 books in the future. I have a couple of things that I would like your opinions on, who have more experience with this series. I just ordered some of the original books so I will be reading them in the future.

1: What prestige classes from the various complete books would fit in the setting.

2: I know that humans are the main race in the world and in the books, however how would you incorporate different races if you wanted to, with the culture/background model.

What I am considiering doing is adapting the freeport trilogy to Theives' World. Later on I was going to have the serpent people become a full fledged PC race. This is fine for default D&D, but do not know if just using the serpent people as is, in Theives's World, would affect it.

Thanks for any input.

Crothian

First Post
Prestige classes I will be using are going to be moslty any non magic using one. There are plenty of good rogue and fighter oriented ones (mostly rogue) from certain companies that I think fit well.

I have zero interest of introducing non human races. However, in one of the short stories it does mention a winged race that one got captured by a circus or soemthing like that so there is some presedance for them.

Big Bucket

First Post
I'm reading the players guide right now too.

For #1 a few that come to mind would be the Master Thrower and _?_ (dagger specialty - forget the name) from Complete Warrior I think (very Shadowspawn), but there are lots of others too. Magic using ones would have to be converted.

For #2, how about using the Freeport Trilogy with the bad guys as Dyareelan cultists (new era, last three books) instead of the serpent people? From what I remember from the trilogy, it should be a pretty good fit. Just a thought.

And you should enjoy the series, a great set of books.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Crothy,

Finding Satan, book 4, forgot the author.

Yeah Dyaarlean cultists. Man those are some MAJOR FUBARED characters.

Just curious, what are the levels/stats like for the following Rankan Era Notables:

Shadowspawn, Roxanne, Enas Yorl, Tempus Thales, The Torch, and my all time favorite, Mhad Vis(sp)

Crothian

First Post
Shadowspawn: thief 11, fighter 4, freelancer 1
Roxanne: witch 11, Nitisibi war witch 5
Enas Yorl: only 19 mage 5 ex hazard wizard
Tempus Thales: godsworn 24, hellhound 2
The Torch: noble 4, godsworn 2, priest 8, witch 2
Mhad Vis(sp) not sure who you mean, no one in the book with name like that I noticed.

For the most part levels and classes seem good, some I'd have made a bit higher though

Nightfall

*wonders how one becomes an X hazard mage*

*goes to check his spellings*

Sorry my bad!

I meant Mradhon Vis.

What about Hakiem, Jubal, Lalo, Latel/One Thumb, Moonflower, Cime, Walegrin, Askelon, Datan, Stilcho, Moruth, Arton, Gyskouras, Snapper Jo, Kama, Jihan, and Cheyana

*agrees that Enas should be at least 22 level mage*

Nightfall

Crothian said:
buy the book!! I'm way to lazy to look and type for all of them!! :p

Crothy,

I will once the damn thing reaches print. RPGnow, I can't use. I don't have a credit card at the moment...

So what about Vis then?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases