Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)

D20Dazza

Explorer
"Bring him back here Lupic, we'll tie him up and deliver him to the authorities with the rest of them" Kyle says "And we should ask these boys were Klosterman is"

SlagMortar

First Post
"Hah, you didn't even know. I'm Karl Klosterman. You're no doubt working for that swine Hessen."

With Klosterman captured and Lily found, the heroes feel a moment of satisfaction.

OOC: I assume you picked up his bow. I'll put up an epilogue post and rewards information tonight. Thanks for partaking in my first ever play by post DMing adventure! Hope you had a good time.

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
SlagMortar said:
"Hah, you didn't even know. I'm Karl Klosterman. You're no doubt working for that swine Hessen."

"Here's a thought for you. Swine aren't known for kidnapping children. An act like that speaks volumes about your character."

SlagMortar said:
OOC: I assume you picked up his bow. I'll put up an epilogue post and rewards information tonight. Thanks for partaking in my first ever play by post DMing adventure! Hope you had a good time.

I had a great time! Thanks SlagMortar!

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Klosterman responds, "We didn't hurt her. And I have kids too and they need to eat. That damn Hessen ruined my career. No one will hire a guard who they think double crossed his employer. I don't know what will happen to my family now," he finishes as he hangs his head.

You haul Klosterman back to Orussus (I assume). He is placed under arrest and thrown in prison along with his associates because none of them can afford to pay the fine. Hessen is happy to see his daughter and impressed that you were able to apprehend all the kidnappers without even killing anyone. He gladly pays your reward once he is certain that Lily is unharmed. "That Klosterman, just a bad apple. Poor breeding," he says knowingly.

OOC: If you wish to resolve the above differently, let me know and we can play it out. Otherwise, update your characters and if you gain a level, email Knight Otu and Nimisgod for approval.

Awards:
Capturing Jim and Bert: 120 XP each
Defeating ettercap: 180 XP each
Defeating spiders: 180 XP each
Combat at house and defeating Klosterman: 420 XP each
Taking all combatants prisoner without killing any: 50 XP each
Miscellaneous roleplaying XP: 50 XP each

Time based: 6+ months equals 700 XP for Lupic, Semabin, and Deos. 350 XP for Kyle.

Loot:
Masterwork composite longbow (mighty +1 Strength bonus) 350 gp
Longsword 15 gp
Handaxe 6 gp
3 daggers 2 gp each
Longspear 5 gp
Battleaxe 10 gp
Large wooden shield 7 gp
Padded armor 5 gp
2 leather armor 10 gp each
2 Chain shirt 100 gp each

Final reward money: 2500 gp

El Jefe

First Post
The rewards look good to me. Don't forget that any loot you sell goes for wholesale price, not retail (1/2 value).

Well done by all, and especially Slagmortar!

Edited to add the award of 7 DM credits to Slagmortar.

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
SlagMortar said:
Time based: 6+ months equals 700 XP for Lupic, Semabin, and Deos. 350 XP for Kyle.

k? what's this mean?

Thanks Slagmortar and thanks Knight Otu, Buzzard and IcyCool it was fun.

I like roleplaying Kyle, hope he gets in another game soon :D

And I'll take advantage of you being here Knight if I may? Kyle is updated here, just need to do HPs (how?) and add any new equipment/gold.

Cheers

Daz

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
D20Dazza said:
k? what's this mean?
It means Kyle gets 350 XP for being on an adventure for 7 real-time months. It's how we even things out between games for differing paces.

For example, if one character joins an adventure where the DM and players post, on average, once a week, he'll advance at 1/7 the rate of an identical character that joins a similar adventure where everyone posts once a day. That's neither the player nor the character's fault, especially since he can't control the other players and DM. So, to be fair to everyone, we award 50 XP/level/month that someone is on an active adventure. I think this caps out at 8th level, at 400 XP/month.
D20Dazza said:
And I'll take advantage of you being here Knight if I may? Kyle is updated here, just need to do HPs (how?)
For each level past 1st, add 3/4 of your hit die plus bonuses. So, to add a 2nd level of cleric, take 3/4 of a d8, which would be 6, and add your bonuses (3 hp Con bonus? I didn't check...) So, that would be the 11 you had at 1st level, + 6 (3/4 of 8), +3 (Con) = 20 hp at 2nd level.

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
El Jefe said:
It means Kyle gets 350 XP for being on an adventure for 7 real-time months. It's how we even things out between games for differing paces.

For example, if one character joins an adventure where the DM and players post, on average, once a week, he'll advance at 1/7 the rate of an identical character that joins a similar adventure where everyone posts once a day. That's neither the player nor the character's fault, especially since he can't control the other players and DM. So, to be fair to everyone, we award 50 XP/level/month that someone is on an active adventure. I think this caps out at 8th level, at 400 XP/month.
But I don't understand why Kyle got less than the other PCs? (mind you I've had a couple of beers ;))

Thanks for the HP tip :D

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: It's 50 XP per level. Semabin, Lupic and Deos are 2nd level so they got 100 per month. Kyle is first level so he gets 50 per month.

Thanks El Jefe for looking over the rewards.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases