Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)

SlagMortar

First Post
In the back room, the man says, "Please be seated." He remains standing himself and removes his hood. "My name is Jacob, clerk of the Hessen trading company. I am possibly being watched by the perpetrators of this crime, so I will have to make this short. Yesterday, Lily, the daughter of my employer, Ludwig Hessen, went missing. Earlier today we received this note requesting a ransom. We would like you help in tracking down her captors."

OOC: One roll on invisible castle please. Read all tags you make.
Knowledge (local) DC 10:
[SBLOCK]You know Ludwig Hessen is the founder and owner of the Hessen Spice Company[/SBLOCK]

Knowledge (local) DC 15:
[SBLOCK]The Hessen Spice Company is one of several major players in the spice business. Some others you have heard of are: Voran, Valin, Vursur and Sons
And Associates; Jendath Spices of Life[/SBLOCK]

Knowledge (local) DC 20:
[SBLOCK]Three weeks ago, a shipment of spices was stolen on its way from Fallon to Orussus.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
(Since Semabin has no knowledge (local) skill, he can't make a roll, unless some of it might be common knowledge.)

Semabin strides into the back room, and introduces himself "I am Semabin ai Harudan, of the Zephyr tribe in Sairundan. What can we do for you?"

Hearing the background, Semabin shortly flashes back to the first adventure he had - an abduction that turned out to be a case of an eloped daughter. Even though it was no real abduction, the experiences he made should prove helpful here.

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: DC 10 or lower knowledge checks are common knowledge.

"Mr. Hessen trades in spices with all the surrounding communities. He is a wealthy man and is willing to pay the ransom to get his daughter back, but does not want to become a target. He will instead pay the value of ransom to you if you are able to bring her back safely. Here is the note we received." With that, he places the piece of parchment he showed to Joe in the center of the table.
It reads:

We have Lily. If you want to see her alive again,
bring 2500 crowns to the bridge across the
River Roars in two weeks time. North of the
road there is a small stone pillar. Follow the
path behind it. Come alone. Tell no one.
We are watching you.

IcyCool

First Post
Deos is passingly familiar with who Ludwig Hessen is.

Reading over the note, Deos looks up at Semabin's comment. "It is possible that whomever has done this knows you are here. In which case Lily Hessen may suffer." He pauses for a moment before launching into a quick series of questions, "How old is Lily? Do you have any idea of who may have done this? Where is this meeting place the note speaks of?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases