D20 Modern/Future: Biotech / Augmentations Supplement

Job

First Post
Is there a pdf or book out there that you would recommend that offers descriptions, D20 stats, and artwork for biotech items to be used for character improvements and weaponry? For example, it should cover implants, tissue/organ grafts, cloning, bioweaponry, robotics, and any related skill additions/improvements? I have found the D20 Modern and D20 future books to be very limited in what they cover and am looking for something more detailed and broader in scope to help me generate some campaign ideas.

Thanks,
Job.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
There's no pictures, but I heartily recommend the D20 Future Datastream. The guys at Ronin Arts pump emails your way detailing all sorts of D20 Future material. Everything from Aliens, NPC's, mecha designs, new weapons, new cybernetics, and so forth. At the end of each month they package it all into a pdf that you get as part of the subscription, or you can buy the pdf without the subscription, but at a higher overall cost.

Kane

arscott

First Post
If you're looking for official stuff, D20 Cyberscape might have some of the stuff you're looking for. I know it includes alternate rules for biological cybernetics, though I haven't actually read the book.

D20 Future covers genetic engineering and cloning while Cyberscape (WotC) and Posthuman (Adamant Entertainment) have biotech/wetware section, though neither section has a lot of illustrations. They both cover the personal augmentation of characters via biotech.

If your looking for organic robots and weaponry I suggest renaming the techno-organic gadget in D20 Future to bio-tech (or organic) and applying it to the weapons found throughout d20 Modern and to the robot section of D20 Future.

Also I'm fairly certain that The Game Mechanics' Future Player's Companion PDF series: Tomorrows' Hero has a section on biotech, but I'll have to look to confirm.

-- Yep, Tomorrow's Hero does have material on genetic engineering

What do you need the info for?

Last edited:

Job

First Post
Thanks, everyone, for your responses. You've given me some books/publications to investigate.

I'm interested in using the cybernetics/biotech devices to add a few neat options to near-future characters and also to outfit a number of villains (who may have access to higher level technology).

Job.

Remove ads