Civilization IV demo

After downloading the 314 MB demo... which took slightly less than forever, thanks to repeated timeouts on the download... I installed it and... found out that my video card isn't up to snuff.

Argh! Well, at least I found this out before buying the full game. :(

Mercule

Adventurer
Joshua Randall said:
After downloading the 314 MB demo... which took slightly less than forever, thanks to repeated timeouts on the download... I installed it and... found out that my video card isn't up to snuff.

This concerns me. When I bought my laptop, I opted for one with only a 2-D card, largely based on the notion that my favorite game is Civ and I'd be fine, so long as I could run Civ 3 and successors. Guess I'll need to try the demo.

Or not, since it appears to require a for-pay account. I'm not enough of a gamer to pay for information regarding games, in general.

John Crichton

First Post
Honestly, the game is worth an upgrade if you can afford it...

I do have a high-end system but I upgraded it last week and was playing with an old video card for a while and it was just fine (with some of the graphics options tuned down).

Mercule said:
Guess I'll need to try the demo.

Or not, since it appears to require a for-pay account. I'm not enough of a gamer to pay for information regarding games, in general.
Actually, on Gamespot you can create a free account and download the demo on a "speed limited" server -- in other words they limit the DL speed to a (slow) amount. So it takes forever, but eventually you'll get the goods.

Remove ads