Elysium Squad IC

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Heading into the west, the party turns their back on the sun and follows the path of the dawning light as it slowly creeps across the land. Quickly the sun's rays are beyond them and before too long a beautiful early spring day has been born around them. The sun rises high into a cloudless sky - and as one might expect on such a day an occassional strong blast of cold air from the mountains ahead of them interrupts the heat of the sun's rays. Eva's pendant has plenty of time to flap in such gusts.

As the party travels west, they seem to run across nothing to stop their progress. The closer the party travels toward the mountains, the more they rise in elevation and the sun feels as though it has less of an effect on the temperature. Once in the sky the party was able to see an eagle flying high above the earth scouting for food. But eventually, just before noon, the party reaches the place where the path leaves the face of the earth. A large (20' tall and 30' wide) opening yawns along the path. This cavernous entrance appears to have been made from an ancient river that once flowed through the mountain; but for one reason or another the river has not existed for as long as anyone can remember.

So far as anyone can see into the cave the floor of the cave is rocky, as one might expect from a dried up riverbed. There is a mild warmth that pours out of the entrance. This warmth is not uncomfortable by any means, but it is distinctly noticeable.

Eluvan

First Post
Cassient stops at the entrance and peers curiously in, his supernaturally acute vision easily percing the gloom of the cave mouth but failing against the uter darkness that lies further in. "I imagine this is our passage, then?" He queries Yavarin. "Tell me, how long should we expect to be underground? Is it a matter of hours, or days? And do you have any further information as to what precisely it is that we should be on our guard against?"

Fenris

Adventurer
Eluvan said:
Cassient stops at the entrance and peers curiously in, his supernaturally acute vision easily percing the gloom of the cave mouth but failing against the uter darkness that lies further in. "I imagine this is our passage, then?" He queries Yavarin. "Tell me, how long should we expect to be underground? Is it a matter of hours, or days? And do you have any further information as to what precisely it is that we should be on our guard against?"

"Two days, perhaps three since we have heavily armored companions. As for the dangers we face, there may be many, though I am sure we can endure them. Those who have travelled this path have told of gnolls, owlbears and other dangers often found underground. But times change and in a land of death, new dangers may move in quickly." answers Yavarin

engrishonly

First Post
With the party headed underground and away from the Sun, Eva unties the banner from her spear and stows it in her backpack. She also readies her lantern, and takes her flint and steel from her belt pouch to light it.

Once the lantern is lit, she hefts her spear on her shoulder... now with the point facing forward, and the spear gripped in her mailed fist so that she might be able to throw it without changing her grip.

And with her path firmly in front of her, the young woman shows a heart of steel... unmoved by previous requests to moderate her zeal for her mission. "Even without the Sun's grace upon us, Pelor guides my hand... so what danger could we fear? Let us go forward to our victory!"

Eluvan

First Post
Cassient silently unstraps his spear from his back and holds it in one hand, point facing out and away from him, lowered towards the floor. He looks across at Eva, concern in his eyes. "Recklessness is not within Pelor's purview," he says softly. "You do not serve him by throwing your life away," he says emphatically, looking her in the eye. "Onwards to victory, just as you say. But let us proceed with caution."

JonnyFive

First Post
'The sooner we enter the cave, the sooner we leave it. Perhaps it would be in our best intrest though to spend the night here and get a early start through the cave? Yavarin, what say you?'

Fenris

Adventurer
JonnyFive said:
'The sooner we enter the cave, the sooner we leave it. Perhaps it would be in our best intrest though to spend the night here and get a early start through the cave? Yavarin, what say you?'

OOC: Well it's noon. That's a long wait.

Bront

The man with the probe
"No need to wait. The sun's warmth reaches even deep down into the earth. We shall be with Pelor even here."

As Brother Ray enters the cavern, the soft glow around him extends out a bit, providing a modest light. (10' bright, 20' shadowy)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
As the party enters the cave, another warm blast issues forth. With the blast comes a feint hint of sulpher in the air.

As the party walks and talks through the cave, insects of all shapes, sizes, and varieties scurry beneath the feet of the party. All of them are harmless in size and appear to be quite naturally occuring. The most predominent insect by far is the centipede - which takes great haste to flee the light cast by the varies torches and bodies emmanating light. Every once and a while a member of the party walks into a cobweb - often with the disgruntled spider still attached to the web.

The tunnel procedes with very few turn-offs, but many turns. Of course, this would not be unusual if this were a tunnel created by an underground stream many centuries ago.

Yavarin:
[Sblock]Your Know(Nature) would inform you that this sulpher smell is similar to that found in naturally occuring hot springs.[/Sblock]

All:
[Sblock]OOC: I will get to more interesting parts of the story in a little bit, but you all are doing a great job of conversing and getting into character that I want that to continue for a bit.[/Sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases