Elysium Squad IC

engrishonly

First Post
Trying to be patient in her present situation, Eva is lost in quiet conversation with something invisible on her right shoulder, "... but why did you make their ears so pointy? Did you pinch them?"

However, Eva hears her name mentioned, and she is brought back to reality.
"Sister Kiera, I would like to go to see what Yavarin is doing... but he and Brother Ray have asked me to be more patient, and Pelor says I should stop and listen to them. Do you really think I should go?"

Even though Eva is not that much younger than Kiera, Eva's ever-youthful exuberance is barely contained... even while she is dressed for war in a militant's suit of armor that gleams golden in the torchlight. Her bright eyes dart quickly to peer towards the darkness where the Elf disappeared into.

JonnyFive

First Post
'Brother, i do belive that the elf is at home even in suroundings such as this cave, and i do belive that if he finds trouble, he will make haste back to us'
Geeo turns to Eva and says with understanding compasion 'I do understand yer zeal, m'lady and i do admire it, but as the brother has stated, patience here is best for us. that and we do make quite a bit of noise' he says the last part with a broad smile and a quick tap on his own armor.

Eluvan

First Post
"It's not a bad idea to have an advance scout some way ahead of us, I would think. Yavarin seemed sure he was best suited to that role, so..." Cassient shrugs. "It seems best to trust in his abilities for now." He continues to stroll down the long, rocky passage, the butt of his spear quietly clacking out a regular rythm on the stone floor as he goes. "Is it just me..." he muses with a smile, "or does this passage all start to look the same after a little while? I'm marking time by the number of spiders I have to extract from my hair."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
All but Yavarin:
[Sblock]From way down the cavern in the direction the party is heading each of the aprty members can make out a very faint light. It seems stationary at first, but all of a sudden it becomes obvious that it is not stationary - just moving directly at the party and therefore only appears stationary. As the light moves toward the party, it strikes something in the way. In a sudden explosion of light Yavarin's outline can be seen about 100' in front of the party. As quickly as the explosion of light occurred, it was completely gone. In the brief moment that Yavarin's outline was exposed, it appeared as though he was completely caught off-guard by the light.[/Sblock]

Yavarin:
[Sblock]Neither Yavarin's ears nor his sight can pick up and noise of any assailant. Either they are significantly down the tunnel of they are standing very, very still - or perhaps some other option that would make them silent.[/Sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
NF:
[sblock] Yavarin thinks to himse;f that if they can see him but he can't see them, a hasty retreat is in order and will head quickly back to the group.

Assuming he makes it there he will say "Ok, we have company up ahead. Cassient, most likely another arcanist as I got hit with a bolt of some kind of energy pretty good. They were still a good way off when I was attacked. So we may have a moment or two to get ready, but either they will come to us or we need to go to them. And Eva, this does not mean a charge! At least not until we know what we are dealing with"

[/sblock]

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Yavarin:
[Sblock]Yavarin does manage to make it back to the group unmolested any further.

Yavarin also knows that while it may be unusual, the gnolls that inhabit these tunnels are much more likely to use magic than the trolls. It should go without saying that the critters (vermin or animal) are not likely at all to use magic! :) Of course, there is always the concern of that other threat that people do not survive when met in these tunnels.[/Sblock]

All but Yavarin:
[Sblock]OOC: Please read Fenris' Sblock in his latest post to hear Yavarin's report when he manages to make it back to the party after being struck[/Sblock]

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
Geeo

'See lass, patience has brought our enemy to us. Now let us be ready to deal with them when they do appear.' Geeo will say to Eva as he readys his shield and mace

Ferrix

Explorer
Kiera intones a prayer of blessing, as she draws her mace, sending a burst of small golden motes outward from the crown of her head.

OOC: Cast Bless (+1 to saves against fear, +1 to hit), Draw Mace

Bront

The man with the probe
Brother Ray nods leans on his staff. The bright glow around him fades to nothing. When they start forward again, he continues to move forward slowly with the assisance of his staff.

[sblock=ooc]Move Silently (+0). Half speed for him is still 20', and the staff is more just a prop he's adjusted to from when he was burned badly, and he has chosen to not give it up, but it doesn't hinder him, he doesn't need it, and he is quite mobile and capable, but using the staff also humbles him and reminds him of those who need them.[/sblock]

engrishonly

First Post
Eva's youthful visage perks up considerably, her bright eyes flaring wide open with the thrill of a potential battle ahead. "Patient or not, I am just doing what Pelor asks me to do..."

Spear in hand, Eva slowly moves forward, and looks ahead for evil-doers to smite. "Perhaps patience will serve Pelor again in the future, or perhaps we will simply plunge forward in faith that Pelor will see us through."

ooc (NF)
[sblock]
Eva hefts her spear in her right hand, ready to hurl it as soon as she sees a suitably non-Yavarin figure emerge from the darkness.

Her left hand holds the bullseye lantern that she has been carrying, with its beam of light now vaguely pointed towards a spot in the ground roughly 20 to 40 feet ahead (to where Eva might reasonably throw her spear with a modest degree of accuracy).
[/sblock]

Remove ads