Elysium Squad IC

Eluvan

First Post
Cassient nods to Yavarin and, with a mental prayer to Pelor, begins to stalk forward behind Eva, staying out of the light issued forward by her lantern. He holds his spear readied in his right hand, but the true threat lies in his other hand which he holds before him, palm out as if warding off the unseen threat as he picks his way across the rocky floor in a half-crouch. This is the first time he has faced real combat, and his heart thumps in his chest. Still, his voice is steady as he turns slightly to address Yavarin. "Are you badly wounded? Might be best if you hang back for now, unless you're eager for another blast like that one."

Cassient then delves into the pouch at his belt with his free hand, and produces a miniature felt bag and a small candle. Holding them clasped to his palm with his third and fourth fingers, he begins a set of ritual passes with the same hand, index and middle fingers outstretched. As he does so he begins to incant a Draconic verse, his tone lilting and almost musical.

OOC:
[sblock]Begin casting Summon Monster II. Assuming he's not interrupted, a Celestial Giant Bee will appear at the beginning of his next turn, arriving 35' ahead of Cassient down the tunnel towards the enemy.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
[Sblock]OOC: I'm running time in "loose" combat rounds. Meaning ... as long as the enemy is far enough away to be seen by anyone in the party I'm going to advance time in rounds but it is not necessary for everyone to post. Don't feel like anyone is being shorted out of combat rounds. If there is a prepatory spell or something else (like healing Yavarin) that the party wants done, that can be posted at any time as well. If the party ever catches up to their enemy - I'll switch to customary initiative absed rounds like we are all familiar with.[/Sblock]

As the party creeps forward another 30' or so, still nothing alive comes into view except for the customary bunch of spiders and centipedes. There does appear to be a side tunnel ahead to the left, and it looks to be only a matter of feet beyond where Yavarin was originally struck.

Geeo, Yavarin:
[Sblock]The ability to focus ahead with their ears guides Geeo and Yavarin to an unusual sound up ahead. It is quite difficult to make out at this distance, but the sound does appear to be coming from the side tunnel that shoots off to the left. However, with the clinking of armor and the thumping of feet along the ground it is hard to tell for sure what the sound is at this distance.[/Sblock]

Cassient, Yavarin:
[Sblock]The lowlight vision allows Cassient and Yavarin to see a bit further down the tunnel than the rest of the party. There still is no adversary within view, but the tunnel definitions are more visible. The tunnel that juts off to the left leaves at a 90 degree angle and appears to be about as wide as the current tunnel - 10 feet. There is no light coming from the direction of the side tunnel.[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Eluvan

First Post
Cassient completes his conjuration, and in the tunnel ahead of the group a giant bee manifests with a brief flash of white light. Droning, it speeds its way to the intersection of the two tunnels, seeking any enemy.

Cassient follows it more slowly and warily, staying behind Eva with her lantern and watching carefully to see if the bee with its superior senses detects any enemy.

OOC:
[sblock]Round 1 of 4 for the bee - move to the tunnel intersection. It has 60' Darkvision and an 80' fly speed, so if it sees an enemy from its new vantage point it'll use the remainder of its movement to move towards the enemy and attack if it can, using its once daily smite ability.

Of course, I'm assuming you allow/prefer me to dictate the actions of my summoned creatures. If you prefer to run them independently, of course that's fine - you're the boss. ;)[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
Kiera beckons the wounded elf over, "hold for a moment my child, let Pelor's light soothe your wounds." Invoking the glory of Pelor a cloud of soft-golden motes drift about her form and then coallesce around her hands as she lays them on Yavarin's wound. Her hands grow hot for a moment and the motes of light suffuse Yavarin in a light glow, and they fade, taking the wound with them.

OOC: Sacrifice Hide from Undead for Cure Light Wounds 1d8+4+2

Nonlethal Force

First Post
As the party walk a little further, the giant bee does manifest and quickly fly off toward the side tunnel. Turning the corner it immediately assumings an angry posturing and prepares to buzz into the side tunnel. Just as it is about to fly in, however, it pauses - as if it is hesitating for one reason or another ... or maybe just gathering steam for an aerial charge.

Cassient:
[Sblock]OOC: I'm cool with you controlling the creature's movements as long as the actions make sense. One less thing I have to worry about. Especially in the case of celestial creatures - who have a better chance of understanding the quests of the good.

As far as why the bee hesitated, it is not to penalize it in any way, shape, or form. It is because I just wanted to give the other players a chance to post.[/Sblock]
Yavarin, Kiera:
[Sblock]Yavarin regains 9 Hit Points. Kiera's heal skill revelas that Yavarin is now completely restored to perfect condition[/Sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
As the motes dissapate so does Yavarin's pain. "Thank you very much Kiera. Now let Pelor strengthen your arm as I fear we are come to the first of many challenges"

Yavarin nocks an arrow and waits for the bee to give a sign as to what has angered it.

JonnyFive

First Post
Geeo

Saying a quick prayer to Pelor, Geeo will attempt to maintain speed with eva, provided he doesn't have to run

[sblock] Geeo will move up to 2x(40ft), and if the frount line goes further, he will not run to keep up[/sblock]

engrishonly

First Post
Eva continues to move towards the side tunnel in a sideways fashion with spear in hand, keeping her left flank "forward" in order to minimize her preparatory movements before throwing her spear at whatever enemy might be ahead.

Eluvan

First Post
Cassient keeps up with the others, ever-prepared to begin casting once more if any enemy should present itself. "It seems the bee's found us our enemy. Keep half an eye on the other tunnel though... we don't know if we may face more than one threat, and how they might be dispersed."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases