Metropolis (The Heart of the City) - Chapter Three

Phoenix

First Post
After spending time in the sewers, Metropolis never smelt so good. It's filthy sky and dark polluted clouds that spewed down yellow rain created tiny rivers down the winding streets, and the sight of children playing in puddles or building dams was noticably absent.
Zimmerman's house was located in a part of Metropolis that few people had the need to visit, The Green Fields. It was once the location of the last farmland in the city, before merchants built the land to construct beautiful manors upon it. There was no sewer entrance to the Green Fields, at least none that Vulgrath or Taran knew of, so the group would have to go through some other suburbs first, though the closest ones were not often the best choices.
Shieldtown reminded everyone of the buildings at the base of The Apartments, except poorer. Out of the way from all of the city's trade, the people here had little to do but try to make a living off the scraps that they could scavenge from the neighbouring suburbs. It was never a large suburb though, mainly due to the fact that Shieldtown was the city's largest cemetary, occupied now by slummers that have long since destroyed any structure for its building materials and created homes from them.
The streets are narrow and muddy, the rain pours into the homes and pools into what will eventually become a disease ridden quagmire. Nothing new for Shieldtown.
Vulgrath gestures towards the large, lush, rolling hills that look across Shieldtown less than a mile or so away. Atop the hills were built elegant manors, temples, and other constructions of the rich, so close, yet so far away.
"There is where Zimmerman lives, within the Green Fields. I can accompany you there if you like, but I would prefer to return home and guard the children..."

jkason

First Post
Not exactly the way Ru wanted to transition from his childhood in squallor to the good life, but life hardly went the way he willed it to. And at least the stench of the sewer was once again behind him.

"I think you should return, Vulgarth. Hentre's attack reminds us how quickly a short dropping of guard can endanger us and the children. They need somone to look after them. And if the five of us encounter something that overwhelms us, we'll need someone in reserve."

[sblock=OOC]It is just the five PCs now, yes? I remember you said the remaining "army" would need more time to rest?[/sblock]

Phoenix

First Post
jkason said:
Not exactly the way Ru wanted to transition from his childhood in squallor to the good life, but life hardly went the way he willed it to. And at least the stench of the sewer was once again behind him.

"I think you should return, Vulgarth. Hentre's attack reminds us how quickly a short dropping of guard can endanger us and the children. They need somone to look after them. And if the five of us encounter something that overwhelms us, we'll need someone in reserve."

[sblock=OOC]It is just the five PCs now, yes? I remember you said the remaining "army" would need more time to rest?[/sblock]

OOC:
[sblock]If you had intended to go back to the sewer stronghold of the Yellow Robes. Nothing was said about taking them to a children's birthday party. :D [/sblock]

D20Dazza

Explorer
"Thank you friend Vulgarth, you have been more than helpful. We will succeed at this endeavour and I will return to tell you the tale - fare thee well" with that Ghost turns to his comrades "I think it would behoove us to dress more appropriately for this shin dig. What say you? Should we spend some Yellow Robe gold on some clothing more suiting to the environment we will soon find ourselves in?"

jkason

First Post
Ru grins.

"I'm always up for spending an enemy's money on my own betterment, Ghost. Let's smarten ourselves up, I say."

Fenris

Adventurer
jkason said:
Ru grins.

"I'm always up for spending an enemy's money on my own betterment, Ghost. Let's smarten ourselves up, I say."

The Jackal begins laughing hysterically at Ru's remark.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Master, you should return and watch over the village. They will need your wisdom." Taran says.

Phoenix

First Post
Vulgrath nods slightly, agreeing to the wishes of the group. "I will do my best to keep the children safe." He ducks back through the storm water grating and passes into the darkness of the tunnels once more.

OOC:
[sblock]Just to clear things up, did you take Stephanie with you?[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ooc

[sblock=OOC]I thought bringing the girl (as bait) was part of the plan, yeah. Others feel free to correct if I misunderstood[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases