Excel Spreadsheets to Appleworks Spreadsheets.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
My machine can't do it. I'm using an iMac with 32 megs of physical ram and a clock speed of 333 megahertzs. With Appleworks 6.1.2 and MacLink Plus Deluxe 11 to translate the Excel files with. I don't have the money to upgrade hardware or software. I would like to be able to use the Excel spreadsheets people have created for use with DnD, but with my present equipment I can't.

You could help by translating the Excel spreadsheets to Appleworks 6 spreadsheets. Not Appleworks 5 or earlies spreadsheets. MacLink Plus Deluxe will do that, but for some reason Appleworks 6 cannot open even those files. Don't ask me why, I haven't the foggiest.

If you can help, email me privately (use the "email mythusmage" button down below). Be much appreciated.

I will put the translated files on the web for others to use. With full attribution of course.

Thanks for your time.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
A Follow-up

I thought I'd try something. Downloaded Bob Fitch's spell sheets. Dropped the cleric file into MacLink. Got an error meassage. The message said, "Type and creator do not match recommended settings."

According to Excel the settings were, "type: XLS" and "creator: XCEL". When I pushed "fix" they became, "type: TEXT" and "creator: DVPR."

With the file "fixed" I tried dropping it into Appleworks. Appleworks opened it. As a word processing file. A 7,400+ page word processing file. With lots of stray symbols that (I do believe) were supposed to be coding.

This has happened before. I fix an Excel file and it then opens in Appleworks as a word processing document. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Yet again my opinion of Microsoft is confirmed. They don't play well with others.

Alan

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases