Silven Publishing releases The Pun is Mightier than the Sword

Kosala

First Post
Picture this.

You want to inject some humor into your games, but you want to do it with some style. Spells, feats and items your gaming group can grin about while actually using them in their adventure. The Pun is Mightier than the Sword is the book you have been waiting for!

Where else can you find out how to strip an adversary bare with a Full Monty spell or see how yelling “God Damn It!” actually gets a reaction from a god? Where Kentucky Fried comes with the sides for free and Mojo actually makes you cooler? It’s not the Size That Matters, you can Throw Your Weight Around, and, of course, Where There’s a Will There’s a Way.

This book is for all those DMs that want to introduce players to a wealth of jargon taken from our day-to-day language that has been given a whole new meaning in the realms of d20. Equip your players with a Cupid’s Arrows or incapacitate a hapless victim with a Peel of ROFLMAO.

The Pun is Mightier than the Sword features:

Over 25 new items as well as weapons
4 prestige classes with sample characters
Over 30 spells
Over 25 feats

For sales outlets point your browser to the Silven Publishing site

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
I must confess, your examples didn't seem all that punny. More literal, really. I didn't get a sense of word play, more a sense of descriptive spell names. A punning spell name would be something like, Horse Throat; whenever the victim tries to talk all he can utter are whinnies and neighs.

I guess I'll just have to take a look at it to see how it works out in the book itself.

Kosala

First Post
mythusmage said:
I must confess, your examples didn't seem all that punny. More literal, really. I didn't get a sense of word play, more a sense of descriptive spell names. A punning spell name would be something like, Horse Throat; whenever the victim tries to talk all he can utter are whinnies and neighs.

I guess I'll just have to take a look at it to see how it works out in the book itself.

Well, we wanted to make the word play's humorous without being comedic. Out thinking was that the mechanics presented should actually be usable in a real gaming session, more designed to bring a smile to your face at the right time than sending you into peals of laughter ;)

But do check out the product, there is a lot of good stuff in there by two authours that have recieved excellent reviews for their other products as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases