Food question

Harmon

First Post
Thanks guys this was way cool.

:D

I searched a little bit (Gooogle) and could find nothing on the Howard Carter story, though I recall hearing or reading that somewhere- that Carter used honey in his tea from Tut's crypt, has anyone ever heard that or seen anything on that?

One last little question- MonkeyDragon said don't give honey to babies under two. Is there any fact in this or is that just a rough guess?

Again, thank you. One of these days I will be edumacated, and you all will have some cause to it. (Bad english for your humor)

reveal

Adventurer
Harmon said:
One last little question- MonkeyDragon said don't give honey to babies under two. Is there any fact in this or is that just a rough guess?

That one is true. Orange juice and honey are two big no-no's for kids under 2 because their digestive systems can't handle it.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
cattoy said:
Is salt 'food' ?
Salt is one of the 5 major food groups here in the southern US. Along with beef, beer, fat and cigarattes. I kid of course but sometimes I wonder how much of this is sometimes true.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Aeson said:
Salt is one of the 5 major food groups here in the southern US. Along with beef, beer, fat and cigarattes. I kid of course but sometimes I wonder how much of this is sometimes true.

No, the four food groups are Sugars, Fats, Preservatives, and Cardboard
(The cardboard group is of course any food which does not have any sugars, fats, or preservatives.) ;)

Tinner

First Post
To all those with questions about what spices go with what foods:

When I got married five years ago, I quickly discovered that neither my wife nor I had ever done much cooking. As a large economy-sized man, this was unacceptable.
Over the years I have become a pretty good cook. Nearly all of my cooking education has come from two sources.

1. Food Network - especially the program Good Eats. Alton Brown has a great way of making even complicated dishes easy. I like his no-nonsense cooking style. He's pretty funny too. It's Geek cooking at its finest!

2. All Recipes - They've added a lot of advertising recently, but you can still find tons of recipes here,as well as excellent advice about what ingredients to combine, etc. My favorite feature is the ingredient search, that lets you find recipes that specifically include the stuff that happens to be in your fridge. Great site.

Between those two sources, I haven't found an ingredient, or occaisson I was unable to handle. :D

Remove ads