If you could create a brand new d20 game...

Eternalknight

First Post
..using bits and pieces from existing rules, what would you choose? I'm in the process of doing this myself (and adding in some of my own), but was curious to know what you do. For instance, one campaign that I did uses core classes, Diablo II d20 weapons, armour and magic items, core monsters, and critical hit rules from Torn Asunder. Everything else was pretty much standard D&D.

The Shaman

First Post
d20 Bunnies and Burrows.

Pretty much playable using awakened critters from a d20 fantasy game, plus some herbalist and sympathetic magic rules bolted on.

Get your wild hare on.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Dragon Earth

Incorporating ...

Damage rules from True20, The Elements of Magic (sounds like what I need for my magic system), and whatever else I can find that looks like it might fit.

Needed: Rules for heavy and super-heavy artillery. (16" naval rifles and that sort of thing. :) )

JimAde

First Post
I'd definitely go with Elements of Magic or a similar modular spell system. I really like the idea of players being able to design their own signature spells without having to go through an ad hoc approval process.

I'd make a d20 version of the classic OD&D boxed sets. Dwarf, Elf, Halfling would all be classes, for starters. Feats would be incorporated into the classes. The druid/knight/paladin options that were presented in the Companion set would be PrCs.

Feats and Skills would either be eliminated or tied into class advancement.

painandgreed

First Post
I'd take D&D, d20 Modern and Future and create a d20 Grimjack game off the comic. Adventuring in the city of Cynosure where each block could be a different dimension using different laws of physics. Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Film Noir and any other genre could be used. Theoretically, any otehr d20 game system could be used and there'd have to be some conversion rules for jumping from one to another.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases