Stay Through The End of The Credits

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Sometimes a movie has a little something extra at the end. In some cases, it's just a little funny something or spooky something. Other times, such as in Young Sherlock Holmes, it changes the entire movie. Name some, and which are significant.

Young Sherlock Holmes:
We find out that the school headmaster is really Prof. Moriarty.
Boogeyman:
We see a closet door open in another home, revealing a young girl who stares at what is revealed. The horror isn't dead, it's just moved to a new place and (given the rest of the film's hints) can never be gotten rid of.
Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban:
After the map credits, it rolls up. We hear Harry say 'Mischief Managed'. Then 'Nox' and the screen goes black.
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets:
We see a poster for Lockharts new book 'Who Am I?', which shows him struggling in a straightjacket.

sniffles

First Post
Oh, let's see... (don't know how to do the spoiler text, and anyway IE hates it).

Pirates of the Caribbean - could be significant.
A Bug's Life - not significant, but fun.
Monsters Inc. - again, not significant but very entertaining.

I know there are tons more, but I can't think of any just now!!

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Nearly every Jackie Chan film ends with out-takes from the stunts -- these are often more wince-inducing than the takes they used in the picture!

You know he's really hurt when he just lies there looking serious. When he jumps around clutching his leg or waving his arms around, he's just goofing.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I loved Daredevil's Ending: [sblock]Bullseye, in full body cast, can't move, and a fly is buzzing his head and bothering him. He painfully and slowly grabs a syringe, staples the fly to the wall with one shot, from traction, and just laughs. [/sblock]

Also, while browsing the "Crazy Credits" Section of IMDB, I was reminded of the credits for the Naked Gun films. Those were awesome! (And heavily inspired by Monty Python & the Holy Grail's credits, I'm betting)

Last edited:

noseman

First Post
The Daredevil Ending was classic.

How about Napoleon Dynamite? "...I love technology; but not as much as you, you see; but I still love technology; always and forever..."

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Henry said:
Also, while browsing the "Crazy Credits" Section of IMDB, I was reminded of the credits for the Naked Gun films. Those were awesome! (And heavily inspired by Monty Python & the Holy Grail's credits, I'm betting)
"If you had left the theatre when the credits started, you'd be home by now."

Fast Learner

First Post
I remember the first time I noticed the phenonmenon, when watching The Blues Brothers in the theater on opening weekend. At the end it had a "Visit Universal Studios" emblem, which was (and sometimes still is) common for Universal pics, but it added "Ask for Babs!"

Since that day, I've always stayed all the way through the credits, unless I really disliked the film. So very many good tidbits over the years.

Henry said:
The original Naked Gun opening credits shot is one of my favorite ever.

Of course, the original Naked Gun movie is one of my favorite movies ever. Go figure.

Remove ads