ENWorld NWN Guide

LightPhoenix

First Post
Here's what I was thinking - we start a sort of informal NWN single-player guide thread. Anyone can post hints, tips, et cetera about the game that they might have. I know it's early, and most people probably haven't gotten real far into the game, but why wait?

Lazybones

Adventurer
I'm into chapter 2 so if people have questions about ch1 I'll be happy to try to answer. Thus far I've found the half-orc fighter to be the best henchman (I'm playing a ftr/rog). Any chest I can't open he'll bash in :).

LightPhoenix

First Post
I'm still on chapter one, doing the last quest (in the docks), and I only have two bits of advice.

One, as soon as you get money, you should visit the store there in the docks - lots of strong magical items, including potions of haste. Don't buy magical weapons though, you'll find them in the game.

Two, it's much easier, IMO so far, to do the quests in this order - Beggar's Nest, Docks, Peninsula, Blacklake. Though I'm not all the way through the Docks quest yet, I've found it MUCH easier than all the rest, especially the Blacklake one.

arcseed

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
Two, it's much easier, IMO so far, to do the quests in this order - Beggar's Nest, Docks, Peninsula, Blacklake. Though I'm not all the way through the Docks quest yet, I've found it MUCH easier than all the rest, especially the Blacklake one.

Huh. I'm almost through the docks with a cleric 7/fighter 1, having done pen, blacklake, nest, docks. And I thought blacklake was the easiest of them, docks the hardest. The quest itself at the docks is easy enough, but the damn mooks in the street kept kicking my butt.

LightPhoenix

First Post
arcseed said:

Huh. I'm almost through the docks with a cleric 7/fighter 1, having done pen, blacklake, nest, docks. And I thought blacklake was the easiest of them, docks the hardest. The quest itself at the docks is easy enough, but the damn mooks in the street kept kicking my butt.

Really? I was (finished it) a Figher 4/Sorcerer 3, and I pretty much kicked butt, laid low the ruffians and some of the blood pirates (whatever they're called). If you can pick up some acid arrows (or bolts), those work wonders, both here and in the Chapter One Finale.

My problem with Blacklake wasn't the little guys, it's the guy at the end who kept kicking my butt... three Cones of Cold pretty much screwed me, and a couple of fireballs on the side.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases