anyone else running the new Tomb of Horrors? (expect spoilers)

Crothian

First Post
We started this last night and once the players realized what I was running, the game slowed down to a crawl. They were almost paralyzed in fear of death of this place. It was pretty cool. Well, despite their slow goings the Tomb did claim 2 lives (and the wizard lost all the items he was carrying), so not bad out of a part y of five considering they haven't even gotten through the small rooms of secret door mess.

One dies to the pit next to the chest in the mural room with all those poison spikes in it and another died to the mutant 4 armed gargoyle. Ah, good times!! :D

Mark Hope

Adventurer
I ran the first part (up to the battle with the lich) a couple of weeks ago. No deaths yet, but they avoided the pit traps and were succesfully able to use the arch of mists, and so didn't have to face the gargoyle or the secret door complex. I agree that the module has not been neutered anywhere near the extent that some seem to think - it was only smart and creative play that got my group as far as they did (I gave a rough summary of the session here).

I am hoping to get the second part done before the Xmas break - all depends on how much longer we have to slog through Shadows of the Last War, I guess... ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases