Return of Creature by Poll - Poll #18 (attack modes in coalesced form)

What attack modes should our creature possess in coalesced form?

Conaill

First Post
How about this; due to it's continually changing form, the creature's attack form changes from round to round, and even from attack to attack. Before each attack, roll randomly on the melee weapon table to see what it attacks with. (Alternatively, pick any weapon from the weapon table, but you can't pick the same one twice in a row.)

Shade

Monster Junkie
That's a possibility, but keep in mind its precise strike ability won't work real well with maces, hammers, etc. ;)

Go ahead and vote for all options to reflect your choice.

Knight Otu

First Post
The construct looks at you, and it almost appears as if it is smiling. It raises its slender arm towards you, opens the hand, and with a metallic screech, a long, thin blade, much like a rapier, slides out of the creature's wrist.

Internal rapier, with stats much like the normal rapier, and allows iterative attacks.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Knight Otu said:
The construct looks at you, and it almost appears as if it is smiling. It raises its slender arm towards you, opens the hand, and with a metallic screech, a long, thin blade, much like a rapier, slides out of the creature's wrist.

Internal rapier, with stats much like the normal rapier, and allows iterative attacks.

That's how I was imagining "manufactured weapons"...manufactured by the critter itself. :cool:

Conaill

First Post
Shade said:
That's how I was imagining "manufactured weapons"...manufactured by the critter itself. :cool:
Yeah, that's what I had in mind too. Except a different "manufactured" weapon for each attack. Could be a greataxe one attack, a whip the next...

Could someone give an overview of the consequences of having these weapons count as natural vs manufactured weapons? I could see it go either way, really. There's not all that much difference between "the anti-inevitable (evitable? naaah ;)) extracts a sharp slender piece of metal out of the swirling chaos of its own body" and "the construct opens a door in its chest cavity and takes out a longsword".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases