Any reviews of Diamond Fortress? (Necromancer Games)

Soel

First Post
Has anybody got this? I am hoping someone has, and is willing to post a review. I couldn't find much of anything looking about via Google...

Arnwyn

First Post
All righty - mine just came in yesterday.

I can't provide you with a review, but I can provide a 'preview'. [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

This looks to be a pretty decent adventure that can be easily placed in most 'standard' campaign worlds - all you need is a village and forest. It does assume that there are other planes (such as demiplanes) and there are a fair number of demons.

The maps are quite good (Ed Bourelle) and include a village map, (small) regional map, a couple of cave maps, and the Diamond Fortress itself. It's not a huge fortress (the map fits easily on one page), nor is the module all that long (48 pages).

The general gist of the adventure is "go through the Diamond Fortress and bring it down" with a small set of intro 'tasks'. The villains are quite unique (based on the Demiplane they came from) and so are some of the locations (including such funky things as a warping mirror. Further, the village is fully mapped, detailed, and described.

The adventure also includes some new magic items, two new monsters in full MM style format, and a new template (which is integral to the adventure).

This adventure especially reminds me of the longer adventures in older issues of Dungeon magazine (and to me, this is a very good thing).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases