What are the 3.5 stats of glassteel?

Henry

Autoexreginated
First of all, I do not have the 3.5 book, so hopefully someone can provide.

However, in the old edition, glassteel was just glass that was enspelled to be as hard as steel; using steel's properties from the 3.5 PHB and just calling it glassteel would be a close approximation. Back in the day, we used to say that glassteel weapons were bumped up one die of damage because of their enhanced sharpness; now you could say that a glassteel weapon automatically has the keen property or similar.

Aaron L

Hero
Well, in Races of Faerun, they made glassteel into some alchemical super compound with the properties of both mithral and adamantine, but I have read that its been changed into some kind of "super mithral", and I was just curious about it :) I have a character who wears glassteel full plate and I was just wondering what the proterties have been updated to.

diaglo

Adventurer
Henry said:
First of all, I do not have the 3.5 book, so hopefully someone can provide.

However, in the old edition, glassteel was just glass that was enspelled to be as hard as steel; using steel's properties from the 3.5 PHB and just calling it glassteel would be a close approximation. Back in the day, we used to say that glassteel weapons were bumped up one die of damage because of their enhanced sharpness; now you could say that a glassteel weapon automatically has the keen property or similar.

but that would make them Masterwork too then. ;)

smilinggm

First Post
"Glass-Steel – Nearly any sort of everyday item can be made of this material, from windows to furniture. This material is frequently used in the construction of psionic items (particularly cognizance crystals). It can also be used to create weapons and shields, but it is too inflexible to be used in the creation of armor. This material is extremely resilient. Unlike normal objects, items made of glass-steel retain one-half their hardness (round down) against acid, force, and sonic attacks. Weapons made of glass-steel are exceptionally light and easy to wield. One-handed glass-steel weapons whose base weight (before the reduction from the special material) is 4 pounds or less may be treated as light weapons (and the Weapon Finesse feat may be utilized when wielding such weapons).
Shields forged from glass-steel have a reduction in their arcane spell failure chance of 10% and their armor check penalty is decreased by 3 (to a minimum of 0). The benefits of being masterwork are included in these adjustments; greater masterwork shields made of glass-steel receive an additional one-point reduction in armor check penalty.
Any normal item made of glass-steel can be turned into a cognizance crystal by means of the Craft Cognizance Crystal feat (see the Expanded Psionics Handbook for details). The maximum amount of psionic energy that can be stored in items made of glass-steel is dependent on the amount of material used. The base capacity is 1 point, and this increases by +1 for every two pounds of glass-steel used in the item’s construction. Turning a glass-steel item into a cognizance crystal costs the same amount of XP as described in the feat, but the cost of the glass-steel used in making the item can be used to defray the raw materials cost, up to the total amount of raw materials required by the feat. (If the item’s cost is greater than the raw materials cost specified by the feat, the extra money paid for the item is not recovered in any fashion.)
Items made of glass-steel weigh one-half as much as they would if made of other materials.

Glass-steel has 30 hit points per inch of thickness and hardness 10.
Market Price per Unit: 500 gp;

Source: Paradigm Concepts Forged in Magic
Living Arcanis Rules Compilation 2005-01-25 99

Last edited:

Remove ads