Rivets Eternal: Metal Men and Fleshy Cogs (OOC)

dave_o

Explorer
Welcome to Rivets Eternal: Metal Men and Fleshy Cogs!

This'll be the OOC thread where you can discuss metaplot stuff, in-depth rules questions, character motivations, etc. I really hope you do use this thread to talk about character/plot stuff in a meta way so we can work together to make this game awesome. :D

Post Formatting!

I'd like your character name and their current location at the top of each post in bold. For instance, Dave of Oh, The Hoghead Inn. Obviously, dialogue goes in quotation marks, and you can use a color for your speech if you want. I think JohnnyFive already called dibs on red. Inner diaglogue, IE thoughts, etc. should go in italics. Now here's something a little different. Each post will likely have a little OOC footnote. Basically, in italics, you'll ask for rolls and post your checks, make clarifications about just how you're divvying up your action, etc. Lengthy stuff should go in this thread. But for an example of what I'm yammerin' about.

Dave of Oh, The Hoghead Inn

"My, what a fine day to aimlessly murder the innkeep," Sir Dave intoned, pulling on his metal undies. After descending the stairs, he quickly flicked a dagger at the unwitting innkeeper.

OOC: Thrown dagger +7 ranged (1d4+1 x2), thank ya.

Sorta like that. :cool:

House Rules!

Who's house? Myyy house. :D Not too much here. KEEP UP WITH YOUR ENCUMBRANCE OR I WILL FEAST UPON YOUR FAMILY. Keep your character sheet updated in the Rogue's Gallery thread. Keep track of your own XP. Basically, do good bookeeping.

I will be using a rule where a roll of a natural one for skills counts as a -10, and a 20 counts as a +10. But that's mostly on my side, I just thought you'd wanna know.

I've decided to use action points! You should add 6 action points to your charcter sheet somewhere. My action points work a little differently. Firstly, you can use them as per usual to add +1d6 to a check, use a class ability an extra time per day, get a little extra movement, etc. But you can ALSO use them for pretty much anything, as long as you manage to sell me on it. Any selling would go OOC -- but you could maybe use an action point to make there be a door somewhere there normally isn't, or have a minor NPC die, things like that.

But you have to sell me on it for it work. Basically, if it's clever, cool, stylish, or that sort of thing, it'll fly. You must declare action point usage in the OOC portion of a post and any usage beyond the normal must be verified by me first. Honestly, you'll proabably have an action point idea and post in this thread about it first.

Along with normal combat XP, I also rate each player periodically in categories of Role-Playing, Plot, and Manners, on a scale of one to five. I add all the scores up, and award that player bonus XP equal to 100 times their score. The Role-Playing rating is based on effort and genuineness, if you make an effort of it, you'll score well. Plot is ranked based on how well you portray character motivations, react to things in the game, and basically help move the game along. And Manners is simply that -- not being a dick to other players, posting in a timely manner, formatting your posts so they're not a nightmare to read, spellchecking, using the best grammar you can, etc.

I honestly can't think of much beyond that but I'm sure other stuff will come up in game. :D

Exposition!

Aside from the roleplay stuff, the PCs are beginning this here Rivets game in the Trenchtown Formal Incarceration Center, otherwise known as "The Big Sink." You each only have a set of peasant's clothing to your name right now, though the stuff you bought with your starting cash is somewhere in the facility. But, unfortunately, all the PCs are in the same jail cell, locked up nice and snug at the moment. :D

IC thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=2772713#post2772713

Characters!
1. KikuNoMaru -- Liend Caplin, Male Human Cleric 2
2. Becca Bot -- Tish, Female Elven Urban Druid 2
3. doghead -- Iannja, Female Elven Noble 1/Sorcerer 1
4. Borson -- Tyson, Male Human Monk 2
5. jkason -- Josh Mornston, Male Human Bard 2
6. Bront -- Orb Kaftan, Female Human Bard 2
7. Songdragon -- Makh Grimtooth, Male Bugbear Rogue 1
8. JonnyFive -- Malaci Barago, Male Human Artificer 2
9. Bibliophile -- Dartan Kelrof, Male Dwarf Druid Avenger 2

Last edited:

dave_o

Explorer
Bibliophile said:
Do we get action points back at each level up or somesuch?

edit- Oh, and I call dibs on dark orange

At each level up you get 5 + 1/2 your character level action points. But you're starting off with six a piece. :D

JonnyFive

First Post
[cry]ahhh my red was used for common npc's[/cry] ok i'm good now :p on a side note can we useLime for common/ or not so common nps's?

an yea i did try to clame red

dave_o

Explorer
JonnyFive said:
[cry]ahhh my red was used for common npc's[/cry] ok i'm good now :p on a side note can we useLime for common/ or not so common nps's?

an yea i did try to clame red

Aw, c'mon, you can proofread your in-game posts better. :D Have you tried typing them into a word processor and then posting? That's what I do.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases