Rivets Eternal: Metal Men and Fleshy Cogs

Borson

First Post
Tyson - Big Sink

"I guess none of us are angels in this place" Tyson says, looking at his bruised knuckles again, picking at the scabs. "Maybe I should use these on the guards" referring to his hands, holding up fists, "then they'll shoot me and put me out my misery."

Bront

The man with the probe
Orb sees Makh eyeying her and she smiles kindly back to him. "So, what brought you here Makh? I hope it wasn't just because you're a bugbear."

"Don't say that Tyson," Orb says, after he makes his comments. "There's always hope. Things can't go on forever like this."

Songdragon

Explorer
Bront said:
Orb sees Makh eyeying her and she smiles kindly back to him. "So, what brought you here Makh? I hope it wasn't just because you're a bugbear."

The bugbear's eyes close slightly as he gazes on Orb for several moments and then he comments, "I'm innocent of course!" and lets out a deep chuckle, more to himself then anyone else. And then starts, "Some Zeakaden pig," and he snarls at recalling the event, "decided that completing our missions was not enough for him. Decided to get himself a few trinkets from the captian's tent. Darned idiot did not think to check to see if the captian was in his tent first." Makh shakes his head.

He then leans his head to one side and you hear an audible crack... and he does the same the other way before she shakes his head slightly before conitnuing, " We got caught when the camp went on alert and here I am. I probably let that Zeakaden pig off too easy though, got a nice shot off and dropped his sorry arse as he tried to run for his stinking life. Better me then one of them Thrench-towners. Made me feel better, for awhile." He then shrugs and leans back done telling what he's going to tell. He looks about the room at the others and gives another shrug.

Bibliophile

First Post
Dartan Kelrof - The Big Sink, Room 1

Now you are all fretting about, as if this city was something evil. This city is progress. It looks like we all managed to find the nastier end of it, but this city is still progress. Besides, would you really want to face a less civilized justice system, even if this one did convict you wrongly? If you gave me the choice, I would take imprisonment in a cell with food and company far above having my head rot on top of some stick on the city walls.

I do not mean to say this is particularly pleasant, but certainly I would rather be caught on the wrong end of a civilized justice system than the alternative.

By far.

Becca Bot

First Post
Tish - The Big Sink

Bront said:
Orb smiles warmly to Josh. "Thank you. I'd been worried about doing that here, but I guess the guards can't notice everything."

Orb listens to the others introduce themselves, or others, as well as listening to Tish, with a mixture of relief and horror at what she says. "Why less appealing? What would they do?" Orb asks, not understanding the implications.

Tish waits for a moment to answer Orb's question, listening to the rest of the group rattle on about this and that. When the topic of why they're all here comes up, she giggles again -- sounding very out of place -- and rolls her eyes. "I'm not worried about a sweet-looking girl like you. If I'm the way I am, looking how I look, and I'm innocent, then I've no doubt about you." Tish tweaks one of her sawed-off ears, noting: "Then again, I was born innocent of my crimes." For a brief moment, her attention turns to Iannja, making an apologetic look at her blatant disregard for the other elf in the room. Perhaps everyone is not innocent, but her look seems to share an understanding of the need to be silent. Nevertheless, this is the first conversation that has started up in days and Tish isn't going to waste it.

She walks from the beneath the drain and straight to Lliend, taking a seat beside him and eyeing him with a mix of worry and happiness. Then her eyes shift to Mahk, where she grins a coy grin. "And don't even think about it, mister. Enri'd rip your eyes out faster than you can say plum pudding." Tish nevertheless seems light-hearted about her words, more calm now. "And Miss Orb Kafken, I think you missed the fun part of the week. My sources tell me we won't be here for long." A pleased expression meets Orb's eyes, leaving Tish's trace hints of lying... well, untraceable. Even more fantastic a thing, Tish seems amazingly relaxed next to everyone else in the cell. Perhaps, as she believes Dartan is suggesting, there are much more bad off places they could be. Her eyes return almost lovingly to Lliend: As bad as this all seems, you have rescued me from spending my days with one worse to look at than Mahk, more ill-mannered than the Tyson, far better insane than Malaci, and drastically more obnoxious than Josh. And you sacrificed yourself all for..."... What?" Tish accidently says while staring earnestly at Lliend.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Orb Kaftan - Human Bard - The Big Sink

Orb looks at Dartan a bit, unsure if he truely believes what he says, or simply is trying to to make himself feel better.
Becca Bot said:
Tish nevertheless seems light-hearted about her words, more calm now. "And Miss Orb Kafken, I think you missed the fun part of the week. My sources tell me we won't be here for long." A pleased expression meets Orb's eyes, leaving Tish's trace hints of lying... well, untraceable.
Orb looks at Tish in disbelief "You think... you think we'll get out of here soon? What makes you say that?"

Becca Bot

First Post
Tish, the Big Sink

Bront said:
Orb looks at Dartan a bit, unsure if he truely believes what he says, or simply is trying to to make himself feel better.
Orb looks at Tish in disbelief "You think... you think we'll get out of here soon? What makes you say that?"

"Well," she starts, rather taken aback at this stranger's trust, "Lower your voice, but... An eagle found me, right?" She grins nervously now, motioning to the stormdrain she was talking to earlier, and trying her hardest to sound light-hearted: "That means someone else I know is bound to. You see, I'm in here for the worst crime of all -- abolitionism."

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Iannja, female elf

Iannja - The Big Sink

Becca Bot said:
My sources tell me we won't be here for long.

Iannja too pricks up her ears. Is she planning an escape, or has she just heard something about her case?

Tish's response to Orb's question suggests the former. Iannja frowns. There may be worse places to be, but that doesn't mean Iannja wishes to remain here any longer than she has too. But the last thing she needs is someone throwing a wrench in the works as her family tries to get her out of here. Assuming that they are, which means assuming that they have learnt that she was arrested. The first assumption Iannja feels is fairly safe to make, the latter she is not so sure about.

"But you are innocent, of course," Iannja says out of the blue, with a wry smile.

jkason

First Post
Josh Mornston, human bard - The Big Sink, Cell Block 1

Becca Bot said:
"Well," she starts, rather taken aback at this stranger's trust, "Lower your voice, but... An eagle found me, right?" She grins nervously now, motioning to the stormdrain she was talking to earlier, and trying her hardest to sound light-hearted: "That means someone else I know is bound to. You see, I'm in here for the worst crime of all -- abolitionism."

Josh raises an eyebrow. He closes on Tish, glancing back to Liend and the way she appears so protective of him. He grins conspiritorially and lowers his voice as he points to the pair and says, "You're Railroad, aren't you?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Orb Kaftan - Human Bard - The Big Sink

jkason said:
Josh raises an eyebrow. He closes on Tish, glancing back to Liend and the way she appears so protective of him. He grins conspiritorially and lowers his voice as he points to the pair and says, "You're Railroad, aren't you?"
'You mean there really is one?" Orb asks, almost in awe of the idea.

Remove ads