Any experience with this online music site?

ssampier

First Post
Try a different one

Nope, try this one:

http://www.allofmp3.com

This a Russian site, so it's grey market. They do have great selection, great prices (.02 a megabyte), and ability to download high-quality (up to 320 kbps) DRM free songs.

I have recommended to all my friends and no one has come back disappointed.

Yeah, I saw that one too, but there are some albums I want on the one site but not the allofmp3.com (specifically by the band Mesh.) How exactly does Russian "gray market" mp3 download sites work, anyway?

ssampier

First Post
Basically it's perfectly legal to buy and use in Russia. With the RIAA influence in America, that makes it somewhat less than perfectly legal.

As for the actual buying process, you charge a credit card for US dollars, UK pounds, etc. You download any combinations of songs or albums, you pay for them with your "purse" money.

Last edited:

ssampier

First Post
Also, consider that all online gambling sites are grey market for US citizens, but yet, online gambling is a billion dollar industry (a good portion from US players). So I wouldn't be too worried. It'd be far more likely for the sites to shut-down than you get you legally hosed.

johnsemlak

First Post
I don't thing it's so much that thses sites are legal in Russia, they may very well be illegal; however they haven't been shut down via prosecution for whatever reason (reasons possibly being stalling tactics, corruption, or just simply the prosecution not getting around to it).

In Russia most poeple would be able to buy cheap MP3 music on a physical disk from street venders (definitely illegal but extremely common), so few would use an online vendor.

Remove ads