Favorite Christmas Music?

nakia

First Post
I just put the lights on the tree and am listening to my favorite Christmas CD -- the "Charlie Brown Christmas" soundtrack. Jazz versions of "O Christmas Tree," "Christmas Time is Here," and, of course, "Linus and Lucy" make this my favorite Christmas music album. What's yours?

And, if anyone else could recommend some more jazz Christmas stuff, that would be appreciated.

warlord

First Post
Any of Harry Conick Jr's stuff is good. But for Harry at his best make sure the CD has the track "I don't believe in Santa Claus".

AIM-54

First Post
For me it's not Christmas without Mannheim Steamroller. Those Christmas albums have been a critical part of my Christmas since I was a small child. It's an associative thing.

This year Christmas officially began when I heard an MS track while waiting for Narnia to start with Queen D and The Universe.

Jubilee

First Post
I like the Christmas Canon quite alot, though there's a radio version I can't find - the Trans Siberian Orchestra version is very close, but the one I hear on the radio is a bit faster tempo'd and has a children's chior singing (I've found a children's chior version from TransSiberian, but it's slow) - anyone know the secret to finding the radio version?

I got the Barenaked Ladies album this year and it's got quite alot of good stuff on it.

Mannheim Steamroller is also good.

I like most christmas music if I can sing along with it - unless it's mariah carey or celine dion, ick. ;)

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
O Holy Night by John Berry. I think is the ultimate version. Trans Siberian and Manheim are also cool. I prefer country christmas music over others.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I like "O Holy Night" but only if its instrumental. The words actually ruin the song for me.

Also "Carol of the Bells." I can stand it with the voices, but I still prefer an instrumental version.

Depending on when I hear it, I also like "The Little Drummer Boy." Those three songs are basically the only ones I like. Everything else is either childish, cheasy, or I've just gotten sick of it.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I wish you all an Alternative Christmas!

Savatage - Dead Winter Dead

There's also the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which has done some excellent rock-orchestral fusion Christmas albums. (I don't have those yet. Sigh.)

Nuff said.

As for more traditional Christmas music, I'm pretty easy going. Although I tend to cringe when modern pop/rock/country singers "crucify" classic Christmas songs. :mad:

Cheers!

KF72

Last edited:

Remove ads