Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

SelcSilverhand

First Post
You make your way single file through the murky water towards the bow. You see two doorways on either side of you, one to the port and one to the starboard. The doors are closed and the frames are badly warped. You think it may take some effort to force them open. Straight ahead you can see another closed door at the end of the hall. It is wider than these doors and has a railing on either side.

Mista Collins

First Post
"Should we search these rooms before heading further down?" Seria says as she examines the two closest doors. "Though they look jammed, the last thing I want to do is be further down in the ship and have to worry about fighting some creature on our way out."

Shayuri

First Post
"The jammed doors will make it hard for any creature to get out as well as for us to get in. They'd have to bash their way through...which is noisy enough and difficult enough that we'd have time to react."

Whisper shrugs then, "But I've no objection to checking them, as long as we don't take TOO much time. This spell won't last forever..."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Check the rooms, I'll prep the door," Johan says.

Johan will check for weak spots in the door, see if he can't find a makeshift battering ram, or perhaps loosten the door a bit.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Johan sets to work on one of the doors in the hallway. By bracing himself against one of the walls and kicking with his feet he is able to pop the starboard door free of the frame. The movement of the door stirs up debris from the floor, causing particles to swirl through the air inside the room. Peering inside, you see a galley. Pots and pans lie scattered across the floor. An over turned stove lies in the middle of the room. There are also several crates and some rotting burlap sacks here.

Turning around, Johan forces open the port-side door. The swirling water disturbs something large and pale in the water. It bobs towards the door and to your horror you see a rotted human body. The waterlogged skin is tattered from nibbling fish. Small crabs scurry across the body, disappearing into holes in the flesh. Beyond the body you can see that the room is long, but narrow. It runs another 15' towards the bow and the stern. You can see numerous bunks, footlockers, and the pale forms of other bodies in the room.

Mista Collins

First Post
Seria, human rogue

"Whatever happened to this boat must have happened quick. It almost appears like no alarm was raised, or if an alarm was raised the ship sank fast."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper shudders at the sight of the thing. She'd seen dead bodies before, but in the water it seemed much worse. The way it moved in the microcurrents made it seem less dead somehow. And the little particles breaking off it, making a thin fog in the sea around it like an aura of rot.

"Close the door...I don't want to...to breathe that thing," she says, backing away.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Bront said:
"Or perhaps they were stuck in there," Johan says, shuddering at the thought.

Midian covers his mouth as if to ward off a smell, though such things don't carry in the water the same as in the air above.

"I may get some information from the local fauna, but however they died, they're clearly beyond our help now," the druid says gravely. "We should move on to the cargo hold."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases