Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Shayuri said:
Whisper nods. "Keep your f...your companion just outside for now. It can warn us if anything else approaches the hatch while we're inside."

Midian nods, and as the group approaches the hatch, he indicates to Seeqir that the squid should stay outside the ship for the moment.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Together you swim across the deck to the stairs near the main mast. Seeqir takes up position near the mast and quickly changes his coloration to blend in with the deck. His trailing tentacles closely resembling the ropes floating in the current. The hatch blocking the stairs is closed and jammed shut, but after a few forceful tugs from Johan it springs open. A cloud of escaping bubbles fizzes past you. Once the water clears you can see a hallway at the bottom. Watertight kegs bob against the ceiling, the air trapped inside keeping them aloft. After descending the stairs cautiously, you can see that the hallway runs along the center of this level of the ship. The water is murky, reducing your visibility. Flickers at the edge of your vision indicate the presence of small fish who scatter from your light. Your passage disturbs the kegs, causing them to bump against the wooden ceiling. The sound is loud to your ears after the relative quiet outside. You can see two doorways towards the bow, and another towards the stern. The hallway continues past the doors in both directions.

Whisper
[SBLOCK]
Your empathic link with your companion gives you the feeling of contentment. So far nothing has disturbed it.
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper tries to stop Johan before he can finish!

"Johan, wait! Don't do that."

She pats a barrel.

"You see obstacles. I see opportunities. Leave them here for now."

Bront

The man with the probe
"I see noise makers, and a way to mark to let them know we're still down here and ok," Johan says, having only launched a few. "See? Little more room to move."

Shayuri

First Post
"Fine, fine...but I was thinking we might attach them to whatever we find down here with ropes, and let them help us bring it to the surface. Hopefully there's enough left for that..."

She shrugs.

"We'll make it work."

Mista Collins

First Post
"Leave it to a man to make for more work!" Seria says as she continues to swim with the others. "Do we go to the cargo hold first? Or do we search out the captian's quarters?"

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Mista Collins said:
"Leave it to a man to make for more work!" Seria says as she continues to swim with the others. "Do we go to the cargo hold first? Or do we search out the captian's quarters?"

"I say the hold," Midian pipes up. "I think our employer's more interested in getting the property back, and with finding out how it was lost after. Let's make sure there's something to recover first."

Shayuri

First Post
"Agreed," Whisper says crisply. "And no rushing ahead if and when we find anything. The hold had the provisions as well, which could have attracted dangerous creatures. Not to mention the cargo may have had traps on the crates, to discourage overly curious crew from getting into it."

"Lead on, Johan."

Bront

The man with the probe
"I'd offer ladies first, but in this case, it would not be polite," Johan says, as she heads first towards the hold.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases