Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1 - Page 29


What's on your mind?

  1. #561
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,014
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Midian Rightson, human druid

    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuri
    Whisper nods. "Keep your f...your companion just outside for now. It can warn us if anything else approaches the hatch while we're inside."
    Midian nods, and as the group approaches the hatch, he indicates to Seeqir that the squid should stay outside the ship for the moment.

 

  • #562
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,309
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    My communities:

    Together you swim across the deck to the stairs near the main mast. Seeqir takes up position near the mast and quickly changes his coloration to blend in with the deck. His trailing tentacles closely resembling the ropes floating in the current. The hatch blocking the stairs is closed and jammed shut, but after a few forceful tugs from Johan it springs open. A cloud of escaping bubbles fizzes past you. Once the water clears you can see a hallway at the bottom. Watertight kegs bob against the ceiling, the air trapped inside keeping them aloft. After descending the stairs cautiously, you can see that the hallway runs along the center of this level of the ship. The water is murky, reducing your visibility. Flickers at the edge of your vision indicate the presence of small fish who scatter from your light. Your passage disturbs the kegs, causing them to bump against the wooden ceiling. The sound is loud to your ears after the relative quiet outside. You can see two doorways towards the bow, and another towards the stern. The hallway continues past the doors in both directions.

    Whisper
    Spoiler:

    Your empathic link with your companion gives you the feeling of contentment. So far nothing has disturbed it.

  • #563
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Bront
    My communities:

    Johan will clear a few barels out by letting them out the hatch to float the to surface.

  • #564
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,114
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    Whisper tries to stop Johan before he can finish!

    "Johan, wait! Don't do that."

    She pats a barrel.

    "You see obstacles. I see opportunities. Leave them here for now."

  • #565
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Bront
    My communities:

    "I see noise makers, and a way to mark to let them know we're still down here and ok," Johan says, having only launched a few. "See? Little more room to move."

  • #566
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,114
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    "Fine, fine...but I was thinking we might attach them to whatever we find down here with ropes, and let them help us bring it to the surface. Hopefully there's enough left for that..."

    She shrugs.

    "We'll make it work."

  • #567
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Mista Collins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    2,314
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Mista Collins
    "Leave it to a man to make for more work!" Seria says as she continues to swim with the others. "Do we go to the cargo hold first? Or do we search out the captian's quarters?"

  • #568
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,014
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Midian Rightson, human druid

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista Collins
    "Leave it to a man to make for more work!" Seria says as she continues to swim with the others. "Do we go to the cargo hold first? Or do we search out the captian's quarters?"
    "I say the hold," Midian pipes up. "I think our employer's more interested in getting the property back, and with finding out how it was lost after. Let's make sure there's something to recover first."

  • #569
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,114
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    "Agreed," Whisper says crisply. "And no rushing ahead if and when we find anything. The hold had the provisions as well, which could have attracted dangerous creatures. Not to mention the cargo may have had traps on the crates, to discourage overly curious crew from getting into it."

    "Lead on, Johan."

  • #570
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Bront
    My communities:

    "I'd offer ladies first, but in this case, it would not be polite," Johan says, as she heads first towards the hold.

  • #571
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,309
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    My communities:

    You make your way single file through the murky water towards the bow. You see two doorways on either side of you, one to the port and one to the starboard. The doors are closed and the frames are badly warped. You think it may take some effort to force them open. Straight ahead you can see another closed door at the end of the hall. It is wider than these doors and has a railing on either side.

  • #572
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Mista Collins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    2,314
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Mista Collins
    "Should we search these rooms before heading further down?" Seria says as she examines the two closest doors. "Though they look jammed, the last thing I want to do is be further down in the ship and have to worry about fighting some creature on our way out."

  • #573
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,114
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    "The jammed doors will make it hard for any creature to get out as well as for us to get in. They'd have to bash their way through...which is noisy enough and difficult enough that we'd have time to react."

    Whisper shrugs then, "But I've no objection to checking them, as long as we don't take TOO much time. This spell won't last forever..."

  • #574
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Bront
    My communities:

    "Check the rooms, I'll prep the door," Johan says.

    Johan will check for weak spots in the door, see if he can't find a makeshift battering ram, or perhaps loosten the door a bit.

  • #575
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,309
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore SelcSilverhand
    My communities:

    Johan sets to work on one of the doors in the hallway. By bracing himself against one of the walls and kicking with his feet he is able to pop the starboard door free of the frame. The movement of the door stirs up debris from the floor, causing particles to swirl through the air inside the room. Peering inside, you see a galley. Pots and pans lie scattered across the floor. An over turned stove lies in the middle of the room. There are also several crates and some rotting burlap sacks here.

    Turning around, Johan forces open the port-side door. The swirling water disturbs something large and pale in the water. It bobs towards the door and to your horror you see a rotted human body. The waterlogged skin is tattered from nibbling fish. Small crabs scurry across the body, disappearing into holes in the flesh. Beyond the body you can see that the room is long, but narrow. It runs another 15' towards the bow and the stern. You can see numerous bunks, footlockers, and the pale forms of other bodies in the room.

  • #576
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Mista Collins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    2,314
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Mista Collins

    Seria, human rogue

    "Whatever happened to this boat must have happened quick. It almost appears like no alarm was raised, or if an alarm was raised the ship sank fast."

  • #577
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,114
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    Whisper shudders at the sight of the thing. She'd seen dead bodies before, but in the water it seemed much worse. The way it moved in the microcurrents made it seem less dead somehow. And the little particles breaking off it, making a thin fog in the sea around it like an aura of rot.

    "Close the door...I don't want to...to breathe that thing," she says, backing away.

  • #578
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Bront
    My communities:

    "Or perhaps they were stuck in there," Johan says, shuddering at the thought.

  • #579
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,014
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Midian Rightson, human druid

    Quote Originally Posted by Bront
    "Or perhaps they were stuck in there," Johan says, shuddering at the thought.
    Midian covers his mouth as if to ward off a smell, though such things don't carry in the water the same as in the air above.

    "I may get some information from the local fauna, but however they died, they're clearly beyond our help now," the druid says gravely. "We should move on to the cargo hold."

  • #580

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Who wants to be a Wayfinder?
      By Mista Collins in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 586
      Last Post: Thursday, 7th April, 2011, 07:09 PM
    2. Wayfinder #2 is out
      By Skytheen in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Monday, 15th February, 2010, 03:05 AM
    3. Who Wants to be a Wayfinder? The Alumni
      By SelcSilverhand in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 152
      Last Post: Tuesday, 13th December, 2005, 05:32 PM
    4. Who Wants to be a Wayfinder? The New Class
      By Primus in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 279
      Last Post: Tuesday, 22nd November, 2005, 04:21 PM
    5. Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder: Under New Management
      By Primus in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Monday, 14th November, 2005, 08:48 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •