Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

SelcSilverhand said:
Inside, the innkeeper listens to Seria and Midian with a doubtful expression. In the end though he seems to be convinced by their story. "Well it's the truth that you checked in as a group and y'all don't seem like the trouble making sort. It's still best to get this whole mess sorted out by the guard. They'll want to speak to all of you first." He turns to one of his servants. "Go on out and see if they need any help. That lass looked like she was cut up pretty bad." One of the servants heads out to check on Johan and Whisper.

"By all means, I'd welcome the guard. Perhaps they'll know more about this than we do, having only just arrived. But until they get here, as you say, our friend was hurt, and we should check on her."

Midian is careful not to mention either their mission or Seria's find in the hallway, instead moving directly outside to aid Whisper and Johan.

Shayuri said:
"I could use some help here," Whisper grunts. "This would-be assassin is heavier than his build suggests."

Midian pulls up short at the sight of the lithe magician doing such indelicate heavy lifting. "Here, let me help," he offers. As he picks the man up from the shoulders, he frowns. "Where, exactly, are we taking the corpse?"

Bront

The man with the probe
'Wow, she didn't complain about where I touched her,' Johan thought. 'I should heal her more often.'
SelcSilverhand said:
Johan rounds the corner to the front of the inn and spots the retreating back of a young man wearing a white

night shirt and trousers heading away up the street. Behind Johan Whisper gathers up the man's items and

starts to drag the body towards the front door.
After confirming it is not the other assailant, he will return and grab the body, bringing it in with Whisper. "Let me. And while I've enjoyed the view, perhaps you should go upstair and change into something drier and more substantial. Though you might find the guards more interested in your story in your current state," Johan says with a wink.

He will pick up the body and carry it inside.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper looks down at herself, realizing only now that she's been running around in a thin cotton shift...and one that sports a ragged hole from the knife to boot. Salvaging what she can of her dignity, she uses a hand to pull the hole in the garment closed and assumes a very calm demeanor...as if running around in her underwear were perfectly normal, and not at all cause for gawking or embarrassment.

"Midian, If you would help Johan move the body closer to the inn, where there's enough light to get a better accounting of his features. I'm especially interested to see if he's been branded a criminal before...or if he bears a tattoo or other mark of fraternity."

She pauses only slightly before adding, "I will be right back," and strides away, back into the inn at a fast stride that's not quite a run, but more than a jog.

Once back in her room, Whisper dresses quickly, muttering to herself angrily. She also takes on a form...that of a relatively plain looking human woman...to save herself a little dignity when walking back.

Mista Collins

First Post
jkason said:
"By all means, I'd welcome the guard. Perhaps they'll know more about this than we do, having only just arrived. But until they get here, as you say, our friend was hurt, and we should check on her."

"Yes, waiting for the guards would be a good thing Midian. They might be able to tell us some information as to why this would have happened."

Seeing Whisper jog in holding her cotton shift tight, Seria is reminded of her silk one she is also wearing. Trying to stop the red from showing on her cheeks, Seria decides she should change also. "I'm going to go back to my room real quick and she if anything was left behind from the assailant. Wait for me here." She follows Whisper up the stairs, wishing she could carry herself as well as Whisper appears to be in this situation.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper is just settling her robe around her shoulders and starting to belt them when Seria rushes in. The changeling smiles wryly and moves over to give Seria some room to get her clothes.

"I'm going to have to start sleeping as a male if this keeps on," she says with a chuckle. "No one leers at -them- when they run around in their underthings."

Mista Collins

First Post
With a chuckle that almost seems forced with all that has happened, Seria smiles. "That is a luxury I wish I had."

When Seria is finished getting dressed, she quickly shows Whisper the piece of canvas with the red and gold design. "I found this. Maybe it will help us find more info. But first, we must talk to the watch."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
While trying to wedge the damaged door back into its frame for a modicum of privacy, Seria notices something stuck in the wood. It is another piece of the canvas. It looks as if it was wedged into the wood before Johan's forceful entrance splintered the door. Putting the two pieces together, you can see that they form a flag with the symbol of Tharask attached to a thick wooden pole.

Whisper
[SBLOCK]
The scraps of canvas looks suspiciously familiar to you. You suddenly realize where you had seen that image before, in fact you were there when it was painted.
[/SBLOCK]

Downstairs a patrol of guards burst into the inn and look ready to start making arrests when the innkeeper speaks up. "Easy now, we're sorting things out here, but it looks like the dangers past. These poor folk were attacked by thieves." The leader of the patrol speaks with the innkeeper at length about what happened before moving on to question Johan and Midian. After hearing that the attack took place upstairs he sends two of his men up to check on the rooms and the womenfolk. Turning his attention back to the group, he begins asking questions about why they were in town, what their business is, and why anyone would want to attack them.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper stares at the two pieces of canvas, and a chill runs down her back.

"Where did you find this first piece?" she demands. "Was it in the door too, or on the person of one of the attackers?"

Remove ads