Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

SelcSilverhand said:
Downstairs a patrol of guards burst into the inn and look ready to start making arrests when the innkeeper speaks up. "Easy now, we're sorting things out here, but it looks like the dangers past. These poor folk were attacked by thieves." The leader of the patrol speaks with the innkeeper at length about what happened before moving on to question Johan and Midian. After hearing that the attack took place upstairs he sends two of his men up to check on the rooms and the womenfolk. Turning his attention back to the group, he begins asking questions about why they were in town, what their business is, and why anyone would want to attack them.

"We're here in the employ of House Tharask," Midian says innocently enough. "They've hired us to perform some search and salvage for them. How that merits an assassination is quite simply beyond me."

Shayuri

First Post
"I have seen these before," Whisper says quietly, "Or where they came from. But if they were not carried here by our attackers, they may represent a warning...or a threat."

She strides to the window the assassin came in through and inspects the sill for where the rope is connected. As she does, she notes, "Lets not show those to the guard just yet..."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The guard listens carefully to Midian's explanation of what happened. The two men he sent upstairs returns after Midian finishes and describes the scene upstairs. The guard turns back and says, "I'm sorry about your partner, we'll send an undertaker in the morning. Now, I wouldn't be so quick to talk of assassins. You're new in town, haven't had a chance to make enemies. My guess is that this was just a robbery gone wrong. They probably saw you come in, figured you were easy marks. Your partner probably woke up and they panicked. Working for the Houses carries some risk though, not everyone cares for them. What did they send to salvage, and does it involve "salvaging" it from someone else?"

Upstairs Whisper leans out the window and looks upward. The rope is attached somewhere up on the roof. Tugging on it experimentally, the rope feels well secured.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I doubt it, the man drew steel first, and nothing is missing," Johan says. "And word travels quickly. I think you are too quick to dismiss the possability."

Johan will describe the man that got away as best he can.

"And let me know where they take him. I will gather his belongings and have my house send them back to his family."

jkason

First Post

SelcSilverhand said:
"Working for the Houses carries some risk though, not everyone cares for them. What did they send to salvage, and does it involve "salvaging" it from someone else?"

Midian frowns and cocks his head to one side. He opens his mouth, then closes it again on the retort. Swallowing and composing himself, he says instead, "A Tharask ship was recently lost. We've been tasked with trying to find it and its cargo. The only 'someone else' I expect might lay claim to it has fins and a tail, and I'm actually reasonably skilled at negotiating with wildlife. So, until tonight, I hardly aniticipated bloodshed on this mission."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC

Happy Holidays everyone!
I hope you all had a great time. I'll get back into the swing of posting updates soon, next one will be up this weekend if I have net access where I'm going.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The guard finishes taking down the description of the second attacker and says that he will check the criminal postings back at their headquarters. He advises you to come by if you remember any further information regarding the attack. He sends one of his guards to wake the coroner who returns with a cart to collect the body of Jaron and the attacker. The coroner gives you instructions on where to find his office so you can come by and collect his belongings in the morning.
(Unless there are any questions for them, the guards depart immediately after the coroner)

With morning not more than an hour or two off, the innkeeper arranges for two new rooms for you to stay in overnight until your rooms can be cleaned and repaired. He apologizes for the terrible incident and hopes it will not color your impression of his fine establishment. With the excitement for the evening over, he dismisses the servants and heads off for his own bed.

jkason

First Post

SelcSilverhand said:
With morning not more than an hour or two off, the innkeeper arranges for two new rooms for you to stay in overnight until your rooms can be cleaned and repaired. He apologizes for the terrible incident and hopes it will not color your impression of his fine establishment. With the excitement for the evening over, he dismisses the servants and heads off for his own bed.

Once he's finally alone with his companions, Midian leans against the wall, sliding down it to sit, stunned. "This can't bode well for our success, can it? Losing one of our own before we've even properly begun?"

He looks up to the others, fighting to hold his composure. "We should report this to the house, yes?"

Mista Collins

First Post
"Yes, I think we should report Jaron's death to the house." Pulling the piece of canvas from her pocket Seria shows the rest of the party. "We need to look into this further, as well."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases