Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Shayuri said:
"Mmm," Whisper says distractedly. "Wand, yes... When we have a private moment, I want to discuss something with the rest of you too."

She stands up.

"Lets go."

Midian nods and walks out with the women, looking for a likely spot to track down a wand, or a private spot to discover Whisper's secret, whichever seems closest.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The city is now bustling with activity and the streets are getting a little crowded. Whisper remembers seeing several shops of an arcane nature near the store where she sold Sir Brelloch's belongings. She leads you to the correct level and points out one of the shops as a likely place to purchase a wand. On the way up, you spot Johan wandering the streets looking for you and he rejoins the group.

After the purchases are made, you spy out a small garden area with park benches for travelers to rest upon and look down at the lower levels. Few others are making use of the area but the ones that are look like couples who are more engrossed with each others company than in what you are doing. You locate a bench isolated from the others where there is little chance of being overheard.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper seems a little hesitant, but finally says, "This may be obvious, but this artist has two traits of interest to me. One, he either knows what we're interested in, or is very good at appearing to be knowledgeable. Two, he never breaks character to discuss business. When I first encountered him, I decided to question him directly about what he knew...and he became agitated, and intimated that the wrong ears were listening."

"After today's performance, I believe that he wishes to pass information to us...that the scraps we got were clues, intended to coax us to return to him. But he seems to be under constant watch...and cannot openly speak of what he knows. This painting is the vehicle for informing us."

"We have only to decipher it, I think. Lets have a look at those fragments."

jkason

First Post

Shayuri said:
"After today's performance, I believe that he wishes to pass information to us...that the scraps we got were clues, intended to coax us to return to him. But he seems to be under constant watch...and cannot openly speak of what he knows. This painting is the vehicle for informing us."

[sblock=OOC]Johan had previously offered 350 toward the wand. If we can assume that the 100 for the painting came from Whisper and / or Seria's share of loot, Midian will kick in the last 400. I updated my funds and items to reflect that.[/sblock]

"There did seem to be hints of extra knowledge in his discussion. I suppose I was too direct in questioning him. One wonders, though, how a painter is so important to warrant constant supervision?"

OOC: I believe the painter used a mending spell to add our scraps back into the painting, so I don't think we actually have them to examine more closely.

Mista Collins

First Post
"I think this painting will tell us a lot. But what really worries me is how he knew what we were looking for. Have we been that forthcoming on what we are after? If we have, it might explain the attack. Either way, we must be careful, we don't have any allies here." Seria sits and thinks for a bit. "I would not be surprised if this painter is more than he appears."

jkason

First Post

Mista Collins said:
"I think this painting will tell us a lot. But what really worries me is how he knew what we were looking for. Have we been that forthcoming on what we are after? If we have, it might explain the attack. Either way, we must be careful, we don't have any allies here." Seria sits and thinks for a bit. "I would not be surprised if this painter is more than he appears."

Midian shakes his head. "All this intrigue. I feel so ill-suited to it. Nature is never so duplicitous about its secrets."

Remove ads