Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Seria slips into the room and quickly goes to work. Her search only turns up a few valuables and sets of fine clothing. Time is ticking away quickly when she discovers a chest inside the closet on the far side of the room. The chest is dyed with the house Lyrander colors and the lock is cut into the official seal on the front.

Outside, Jaron can hear the two down below finishing their arguement. He can hear what sounds like clothes being tossed into a pile but can't make out what the other sailor is doing.

Seria checks the chest for traps briefly before working on the lock. It takes her a few tries but eventually she finds the right spots and there is a soft click as the tumblers slide into place. Inside the chest she finds some documents sealed with wax, a stack of thick books with no titles, and a single beat up leather backpack.

Above deck, the ship is nearing the docking tower quickly. The captain is watching the crew handle their duties with practiced ease. On the dock a small crowd of people has gathered to watch the ship land. Johan spots a comly dwarven woman who cheers and waves to one of the sailors who in turn leans over the railing and calls back a greeting.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

SelcSilverhand said:
Above deck, the ship is nearing the docking tower quickly. The captain is watching the crew handle their duties with practiced ease. On the dock a small crowd of people has gathered to watch the ship land. Johan spots a comly dwarven woman who cheers and waves to one of the sailors who in turn leans over the railing and calls back a greeting.

"Don't mean to rush you, Seria," Midian relays via magically-carried whisper, "But we're closing on the dock; we've made it to the edge of earshot. The crew will still need to tie things on, but I thought I should give you a time check."

Mista Collins

First Post
Fighting the curiosity of what the sealed documents say, Seria opens the backback hoping to find what they came for.

"Thanks for the update," Seria says over the magical communication. "I don't think we will be much longer."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Inside the backpack Seria finds several sets of rough looking clothing. Mixed among them are pieces of wood carved to resemble figures, small pouches of dried leaves, and a small book.

From the level below him, Jaron can hear a single set of footsteps approaching his stairwell.

The ship has slowed its descent as it approaches the docking tower. Sailors are throwing mooring ropes to the crews on the dock to secure. In moments the ship will be docked.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper looks around uneasily as the ship shifts under her, and she can feel it being hauled sideways...feel the impact of the docking struts against its hull.

"Anything yet, Seria?" she whispers in an incongruous male voice. "We're nearly out of time."

Mista Collins

First Post
"Yes. I think this is it," Seria says as she holds up the small book. "The only other things in the backpack are clothing, pieces of carved wood, and some dried leaves."

Taking the book and tucking it into one of the pockets of her cloak, Seria puts everything else back just as she remembers seeing them when she first opened the chest.

"We got the book. Any other requests?"

And with that, she looks to Whisper. "You all set to go?"

Shayuri

First Post
"That's it, let's go," Whisper urges through the spell. "Don't hurry though. I'll take your arm, we'll hide the book between us. Then laugh and make smalltalk as we go back."

Over the Message she asks, "The rest of you stay in your positions and keep us informed if anyone's near. Once we're in Seria's room, we'll let you know and you can all come join us for...with any luck...the big reveal."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Shayuri said:
Over the Message she asks, "The rest of you stay in your positions and keep us informed if anyone's near. Once we're in Seria's room, we'll let you know and you can all come join us for...with any luck...the big reveal."

Midian relaxes internally, though he keeps an eye on the captain and other crew all the same. "Just in time, it seems. They're tying off now. I'll stay up here 'taking in some air' til you sound the all clear," Midian returns with a whisper.

ProfYeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon/Wizard

Nervously looking about all the while straining his ears and his nerves Jaron whispers as he backs a bit further from the stairwell. "I can definitely go slow, and I have no problem covering your exit. But I think it would be best if we all make our escapes sooner than later. This stealth and subterfuge isn't really my bag of tricks. And the more I push my luck the more I expect it to blow up in my face."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Closing the chest and returning everything to the way it was, Seria makes a swift exit from the room. Whisper and Jaron join her and beat a hasty retreat just as a sailor tops the stairwell with an armfull of laundry bags.
Outside the ship is finishing tying up to the docking platform. Already large crane booms are swinging out over the deck to begin transferring cargo. Some of the crew are already headed for the gangway to enjoy the short respite.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases