Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available) - Page 25
    The EN World kitten COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    ENniesGygax Memorial FundI Defended The Walls!

Block Alzrius

Friend+
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Fieari
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I've now forgotten... why does he have 117 levels again?
    That's how many levels Thrin had in the original game, IIRC.

Same as Alzrius.

hello all

yop!
    After re-reading the bestiary (which is very great ) i've some questions:
    His Armor Class :83 but (9 deflection+5 Dex+6 Divine+51 (epic bracers)+8 natural armor)=79
    Attack: +71 but(35 base+18 sword bonus+9For+6Divine+1 epic prowess=69)

HOWWWWWWW KILLLLLLLL the NEXus dragon , for me this monster ( before Ascension release , his invicible )
    I think the Neutronium Golem , base attack bonus , accretion check , Saves, Gravic Aura and disintegration check are too low for a 9721 uber monster)
    why not using the math for a 2500d100 monster? woild be more accurate maybe?

correction

I was talking about Kabiri (Demon prince of Secrets which is very good U_K , love harbinger of Doom and his 6 permanent shadows )

If a sadim stopped being greedy, what adjustments would have to be made to it? The reason I ask is a player in my campaign is playing a sadim, who through devastating tragedy, cast aside all his wealth. Would it retain all of its abilities or would some change? And if they did change, what would they change to?

Hey, UK. Question for you.

You make mention of abilities like Infinite Strength and such. My question is in comparing such scores. Does a character with Infinite Strength deal infinite damage? This seems obvious, but does a charater with Infinite Constitution, when struck by a character with Infinite Strength, just cancel out the two infinities and take 'normal' damage, or is there a more complicated mechanic in place?
    I suppose I could just wait a week or two, but I figured I'd ask.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Upper_Krust

Friend+
    My communities:

Hey Rockhoward mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockhoward56
    yop!
    After re-reading the bestiary (which is very great )
    Thank you!

i've some questions:
    His Armor Class :83 but (9 deflection+5 Dex+6 Divine+51 (epic bracers)+8 natural armor)=79
    Attack: +71 but(35 base+18 sword bonus+9For+6Divine+1 epic prowess=69)
    I appreciate the errata. Wherer were you a few weeks ago when I was finishing the print version!?

HOWWWWWWW KILLLLLLLL the NEXus dragon , for me this monster ( before Ascension release , his invicible )
    I think of all the monsters in the Bestiary the Nexus Dragon's Challenge Rating is the most likely to be wrong.

You probably need the powers in Ascension, spells and artifacts from Grimoire to defeat the monsters of about CR 200+. Its all very well just tacking on levels, but the more powerful abilities are always slightly better than the sum of their parts.

I think the Neutronium Golem , base attack bonus , accretion check , Saves, Gravic Aura and disintegration check are too low for a 9721 uber monster)
    why not using the math for a 2500d100 monster? woild be more accurate maybe?
    Basically I designed a golem made of Neutronium and then worked out its Challenge Rating, I wasn't trying to design a monster with a 9721 CR.

Also I don't think creatures will have very high Hit Dice, even though I hint at that with the size rules.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Upper_Krust

Friend+
    My communities:

Hey dante mate!

By the way I was happy to see you apologised, but enough about that now. Its all water under the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by dante58701
    If a sadim stopped being greedy, what adjustments would have to be made to it? The reason I ask is a player in my campaign is playing a sadim, who through devastating tragedy, cast aside all his wealth. Would it retain all of its abilities or would some change? And if they did change, what would they change to?
    Off the top of my head I would probably say that the Sadim would need to eat wealth to retain its Breath Weapon...in the same sort of way a Dracolich has still eat to maintain its.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Upper_Krust

Friend+
    My communities:

Hey Pssthpok mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Pssthpok
    Hey, UK. Question for you.

You make mention of abilities like Infinite Strength and such. My question is in comparing such scores. Does a character with Infinite Strength deal infinite damage?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pssthpok
    This seems obvious, but does a charater with Infinite Constitution, when struck by a character with Infinite Strength, just cancel out the two infinities and take 'normal' damage, or is there a more complicated mechanic in place?
    I suppose I could just wait a week or two, but I figured I'd ask.
    I think thats the simplest way to do it.

For sadims who are no longer greedy. I think their other abilities would remain unscathed, but I think a non-greedy sadim would be consumed by a newfound hatred for the greedy, or at least a strong dislike. Afterall, noone likes being reminded of their sordid past. What domains would a standard non-greedy sadim grant access too?

Devoid of Greed (Ex):Because he is no longer greedy, he must consume gold in order to maintain his breathweapon. The ammount of gold he must consume is equal to his character level in gold pieces each day. For each day he goes without consuming gold, his breathweapons recovery rate is lengthened by one round.

PS...ARE WE THERE YET!!!! I just want me book.
    Last edited by dante58701; Friday, 23rd June, 2006 at 07:22 PM.

Hey U_K!

I'm ashamed to admit how much I'm enjoying looking at the first page of the Table Of Contents of Ascension.

12 pages of Cosmic abilities!

Can you offer us additional previews at this point? Maybe an example Transcendent power or something?

I just had an Idea for a transendental power ...
    Infinite Patience
    You can wait for anything
    Prerequisites: Con 60, Wis 60, Must have read the IH: ToC.
    Benifit: You can tolerate waiting for eternity. You suffer no penalties due to fatigue due to lack of sleep or starvation. You suffer no sanity loss due to anxiety.
    Special: You still suffer normal penalties for waiting for the Immortal's Handbook to be released.

Joking aside, U_K, do you think you will still meet the posted date on enworld for the release? (July 4?) (I should know better than to ask by now, just curious)
    Last edited by Ltheb Silverfrond; Friday, 23rd June, 2006 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Bah! Puny rules of spelling do not apply to me!

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Upper_Krust

Friend+
    My communities:

Hey guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltheb Silverfrond
    Joking aside, U_K, do you think you will still meet the posted date on enworld for the release? (July 4?) (I should know better than to ask by now, just curious)
    I hope to sneak the text version out for the first week of July. *Fingers Crossed*

As for another preview page, I may add the second page of contents/glossary tomorrow and then another page on Monday.

I sort of wanted to preview the Divine Hierarchy table at the start of the second chapter. The problem being that the top half of that page should have an illustration on it, which I haven't finished yet.

Regarding 12 pages of Cosmic Abilities I should point out that 2 of those pages are the Table of Cosmic Abilities.

One thing I have been worrying about with the Powers chapter is whether or not I should have:

- Epic Feats Table - Epic Feat descriptions - Divine Ability Table - Divine Ability Descriptions - Cosmic Ability Table - Cosmic Ability Descriptions - Transcendental Ability Table - Transcendental Ability Descriptions - Omnific Ability Table - Omnific Ability Descriptions.

or

- Epic Feats Table - Divine Ability Table - Cosmic Ability Table - Transcendental Ability Table - Omnific Ability Table - Epic Feat descriptions - Divine Ability Descriptions - Cosmic Ability Descriptions - Transcendental Ability Descriptions - Omnific Ability Descriptions.

Incidently the Tables take up about 9 1/2 pages* (or 13 1/2 counting the Feat Packages Table).

Well, your having a need to have 5 different tables is unique. The individual tables in each section are easier to reference, while a large table would look more comprehensive. I think if the table are to be all together, they should be condensed into one table (If this works out) and possibly with page number references (or we can just wait till the IH is done and a Bookmarked version is finished (Doesnt that sound like a fun job ).
    Oh, the feat packages, are they just a quick way of assigning feats to deities based on bonus feat progressions? Like if I make a level 96 Deity, with 33 bonus feats, are the feat packages just "You get x feat y times, z feat n times, q feat l times, and feats e r b & p" ? I like the idea, and sadly whenever I go to stat up epic monsters, I end up giving them all the sane similar feat package (A nasty one too, the most abusive feats possible. If I recall, a Hecontoncheires with Multitasking...) My player group assigns the "ad-hoc-dm-power-gamed-this-monster-CR-adjustment" to anything I make :P
    As for a July release... Fingers *And* Toes crossed.

Hey U_K!

As for another preview page, I may add the second page of contents/glossary tomorrow and then another page on Monday.

I sort of wanted to preview the Divine Hierarchy table at the start of the second chapter. The problem being that the top half of that page should have an illustration on it, which I haven't finished yet.
    Any or all of the above would be great.

One thing I have been worrying about with the Powers chapter is whether or not I should have:

- Epic Feats Table - Epic Feat descriptions - Divine Ability Table - Divine Ability Descriptions - Cosmic Ability Table - Cosmic Ability Descriptions - Transcendental Ability Table - Transcendental Ability Descriptions - Omnific Ability Table - Omnific Ability Descriptions.

or

- Epic Feats Table - Divine Ability Table - Cosmic Ability Table - Transcendental Ability Table - Omnific Ability Table - Epic Feat descriptions - Divine Ability Descriptions - Cosmic Ability Descriptions - Transcendental Ability Descriptions - Omnific Ability Descriptions.

Incidently the Tables take up about 9 1/2 pages* (or 13 1/2 counting the Feat Packages Table).
    My candid preference would be for the former primarily because I see it being easier on the reader.

As to the pdf version it might not make a difference. However, as you put this thing into print there will be some shoppers who will pull Ascension off the shelf to flip through. Nine to thirteen pages of consecutively running tables might look a touch awkward. I believe by breaking it up it will flow better.

Of course, I don't think it's too big a deal either way.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Knight Otu

Friend+
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by historian
    My candid preference would be for the former primarily because I see it being easier on the reader.
    I seem to recall that Deities and Demigods had separate tables for the feats and the SDAs, and Complete Warrior having seperate tables for the different types of feats. So I'd say, separate tables have a good precedence.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block paradox42

Friend+
    I agree with historian and Knight. Five tables placed one per section is likely the most sensible way to organize it for referencing later- plus, the tables will make good markers for the sections when you're madly flipping through a print version in play trying to find that one specific ability.

Now, if you end up having an extra 10 pages or so somehow at the end, I'd say make one condensed table there as a sort of index, but otherwise go with the separate five.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Upper_Krust

Friend+
    My communities:

Hey Ltheb mate!

Well, your having a need to have 5 different tables is unique. The individual tables in each section are easier to reference, while a large table would look more comprehensive. I think if the table are to be all together, they should be condensed into one table (If this works out) and possibly with page number references (or we can just wait till the IH is done and a Bookmarked version is finished (Doesnt that sound like a fun job ).
    Don't scare me with talk of bookmarks. The index is going to be enough of a nightmare*.

*and no I am not relisting all the divine/cosmic/etc powers in the index.

Oh, the feat packages, are they just a quick way of assigning feats to deities based on bonus feat progressions? Like if I make a level 96 Deity, with 33 bonus feats, are the feat packages just "You get x feat y times, z feat n times, q feat l times, and feats e r b & p" ? I like the idea, and sadly whenever I go to stat up epic monsters, I end up giving them all the sane similar feat package (A nasty one too, the most abusive feats possible. If I recall, a Hecontoncheires with Multitasking...) My player group assigns the "ad-hoc-dm-power-gamed-this-monster-CR-adjustment" to anything I make :P
    Not exactly.

Feat packages are collections of 6 feats bundled together into Feat Packages in the same way certain Divine Abilities in D&Dg (like Divine Paladin, Divine Bard etc.) are not individual Divine Abilities, but rather a collection of feats.

So basically to help create deity PC/NPCs you just use these in place of six feats.

ie. Demogorgon, 50 Hit Dice, instead of 17 feats you just have 2 Feat Packages and 5 individual feats. I think it will save a lot of time, especially for the more powerful monsters.

Also its sort of nullifies any min/maxing that you would get designing a PC at 50th-level (or whatever) instead of roleplaying it up from low levels.

As for a July release... Fingers *And* Toes crossed.
    If you've got 'em, cross em'.

Regarding the Tables, most of you seem to be suggesting using the Tables as buffers for the individual sections (which is the way its set up at the moment).

Also regarding the Divine Retinue ideas I was sceptical on a day or two ago, nevermind, I did some more testing and found that the trick lies in judging the immortals divine age.

Community Supporter
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    ENniesI Defended The Walls!

Block CRGreathouse

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper_Krust
    Also regarding the Divine Retinue ideas I was sceptical on a day or two ago, nevermind, I did some more testing and found that the trick lies in judging the immortals divine age.

Does older mean more followers/subcohorts? Regardless of what "power level" of retinue you have for a particular deity, the rules for determining their levels still needs to be determined.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

Block poilbrun

Friend+
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by CRGreathouse

Does older mean more followers/subcohorts? Regardless of what "power level" of retinue you have for a particular deity, the rules for determining their levels still needs to be determined.
    That would make sense though. Even when talking about low-rank deities, it would make more sense that a one who has been around for thousands of year would have gathered more followers than one who just gained divinity an hour ago... Even for no other reason that his mortal followers throughout the centuries would have died and joined him (if mortal followers of a deity join that deity upon their death in your setting - many earth mythologies have them go to a specific plane such as Valhalla or Hades...)

+ Log in or register to post
Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply