I am angry

eris404

Explorer
:mad: I have to vent.

There has been this little war going on over my job. A new vice-president-type person has been hired and the place where I work is creating a department for this person. That's right, they have to create a department for someone they've hired.

So, they want to move my position to report to this person. I love my current boss and I don't want to move, but the powers that be have decided it must be so.

This has not been announced to anyone at the workplace, but suddenly, my current boss has not been copied on any inportant emails and the new boss is ordering me around via email to people who should not know about this move - and imperiously, no less, making judgments about what is a priority in my job, etc.

I feel so insulted - no, enraged. My old boss would not have treated me this way and I'm not sure what, if anything, I can do about it. I haven't even been introduced to this person. This is definitely not starting off on the right foot and I'm stewing over it. I love my job, but if the new boss continues to treat me like this, I don't know what I am going to do.

Belen

Adventurer
I would save the correspondance and either approach your old boss about the way you're being treated or contact the person above your new boss. The only other option would be to sit down with the new guy and discuss your position and pray.

JimAde

First Post
Seriously I don't think you can even form a fair opinion, much less decide to kill someone and take their stuff, until you've at least met. Starting a new job is a big, confusing hassle and it's entirely possible that your new boss is a decent person who is just immensely frazzled. Ask for a 1 on 1 meeting (typical for a new manager coming on anyway) and take the temperature.

Only if the boss proves that he/she is an obnoxious git may you bring a maul to your next meeting. :)

werk

First Post
Two words: H R :D

Your HR person needs to be told what's going on and why it's a problem. They are responsible for your job description and org structure. The problem seems to be caused by bad HR...If you don't have an HR person, go to the VP's boss.

The problem shouldn't exist, and it definitely should not be causing you undue stress...Very unprofessional, combat it by being very professional and beaurocratic. If no one is interested, definitely have a sit-down with your new boss.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
BelenUmeria said:
QueenD = sage, yet bloodthirty and warlord-like advice.
Which is why I listen to her advice more than anybody elses', that plus I love her! :heh: What can I say she's a great person!

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Definitely reporting to HR once you have specific info is the best bet. Almost any business with over 10 employees has an HR person or department, and they have regulations to follow about a safe, non-harrassing environment (I don't just mean sexual harrassment), and if you are a member of a "protected class" (female, minority, or both), all the better. Having recently gone through managerial training, I realize that some employees do not have a complete understanding of the rights they DO have in a given situation. You may no get your old boss back, but you could definitely get the ball rolling on an air-clearing mediation.

Harmon

First Post
Could be as simple as walking up to the new boss and saying <extend hand> "I my name is <insert name>, we have yet to officially meet. Its my understanding that you are my new boss?" Once handshakes are exchanged and such. "I have been here a little while and have a method to doing things that I am pretty set in, could we talk about how I need to change to accomidate you? Or would you be willing to observe my method and allow me to continue using it as it works well for me."

Just my two copper pieces. Good luck. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases