Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Woho! First Reply!

Sblocked to hide clutter
[sblock=Juliana's last crafting (unless more people buy stuff)]
Selling Banded Mail at 125 gold
Craft Full Plate 1500 gold (craft 500 gold, 150 craft points, DC 18, Take a 10 for 19) [/sblock]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Hmm... shouldn't it be 750gp for the Fullplate bec. it's 1/2 the market price for material costs? Am I missing something?

Bront

The man with the probe
A discussion we had earlier. Out of an adventure, it's 1/3 on normal material goods, but still costs craft points. It's a spot where the craft point rules break down. The other spot, that was fixed, was the base cost compaired to the cost to craft, in the case of XP.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
While the thread is still shiney and new, would anyone be interested in running a short custom adventure for one of my characters? Kirin, the gnomish mortalist cleric was used to lead various folks to the Fort Knocks adventure, and then cleverly removed by an urgent message from her uncle (a breeder of riding dogs who she spent some time with in her "teenaged" years). Obviously I can just bring her back to the Inn with a non-XP bearing tale of what happened, but theres a direction I'd like to take the character that would be aided by a particular type of adventure. So, if anyone would like to start their LEW dming carreer with a short and easy single/double* player romp, let me know.

*orriginally sparky was going to introduce a new character who was a little sister/cousin of kirin's but real life has removed her from lew for the moment. If anyone else wanted a hook to bring in a character who had not sought out the adventuring life but got thrown into an adventure, this would be a good moment.

orsal

LEW Judge
BBEG alert

I'd like to call everyone's attention to a ready-made adventure hook. The characters in the recently concluded Curse of House Thimbrall adventure, having foiled one project of a high-level necromancer, have started talking about taking on the evil wizard directly. They've been persuaded that this BBEG is a bit too BB for now, but in the intermediate future, after they've had a chance to advance a bit more, they might be interested. They had some assistance from his apprentice, turned with the help of a psionic charm, so they know where to find him and a little about him.

In a nutshell, his name is Xyran, and he carries a grudge, even an inherited grudge. (The just-finished adventure revolved around a curse his grandfather had placed that he was guarding.) Animus, who started the adventure, intended him to stay in the background, and so never worked out the details. I finished the game when Animus bailed, and I imagine the apprentice (Gerald) told the PCs what they need to know about him. I didn't spell out everything Gerald said about him, in order to leave a future DM the flexibility to fill in the details, so if you'd like to run an adventure around Xyran feel free to assume the House Thimbrall PCs have some starting information of your choosing.

I may at some point in the future prepare the PCs revenge, but I'm not making any commitments, and I certainly don't feel I own this BBEG. So, if anyone is inspired, feel free to develop a "settling scores with Xyran" adventure, and run it some time in the future when one or more of the PCs are available. The characters involved are: Boog, Ridik, Kamdar, ao'Thuir, Levin, Jann.

I'll post an item about Xyran in the reference thread, but I just wanted to call your attention to the possibility.

Dungannon

First Post
Quick question, Patlin close your eyes. What's the range & damage on a thrown rock? Say roughly baseball sized.

LogicsFate

First Post
I belive it's 10ft and 5 range increments.

Though I could see it going further since it's not an attack with damage in mind.

O wait I probly shouldn't have read this either, I'm closing my eyes now.

Dungannon

First Post
S'ok, Logic. Your character isn't present with Tor so technically you don't know what's about to happen. :)

Dungannon

First Post
I wish to propose a race from the Midnight setting for use in LEW, how to I go about it since the stats are OGL but the background isn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads