Alternative monk: the bruiser

Nyaricus

First Post
*bump*

I know there were more comments than this, so I though I'd give this thread some lovin', since it's one of the best homebrew classes on the boards (other than that missing Assassin class).

Nyaricus

First Post
Dog Moon said:
I was wondering how you managed to post so quickly after mine. :)
I dunno dude, I'm just really on my game lately - and, as a nice side effect House Rules seems to be getting pretty busy, which is nice :D

I love this forum :D

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
This seems very strong, too strong I think. Full base attack is huge, and the DR abilities are powerful. A monk20 or fighter20 is probably as strong as a bruiser18 and outclassed by a bruiser19, equipment being similar.

The AC and HD are also improved, but that's nothing next to the base attack. As for high levels and DR, I think it's more of an issue then and not less, so the bruiser realy shines when it gets GSS.

Nellisir

Hero
I like the class, and would like to consider using it.

PBwiki is asking for a password to view the class table.
Do you have an OGL to go along with this that I can attribute?

Thanks
Nell.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Nellisir said:
I like the class, and would like to consider using it.

PBwiki is asking for a password to view the class table.
Do you have an OGL to go along with this that I can attribute?

Thanks
Nell.
I had actually moved the class to its own wiki, and changed the link, but I think my changes got purged in the crash and you're the first one to point it out to me.

Thanks for pointing it out. The link should work now.

Oh, for a table function on these boards...

The class is not technically OGL because I have not appended an Open Gaming License statement. I might get around to doing that someday. For now, I'll just state that all the content in it is either my own creation, which I hold copyright to, and allow the free use of, or it is open content from existing works.

Using my freely available non-open content, and the open content from the original works, the class could be made open content by anyone wishing to do so. I just don't have the time at the moment to make sure that I'm correct to the letter of the OGL before I go claiming that my work is open content, because I'm using existing OGC in the work.

Last edited:

Nellisir

Hero
Dr. Awkward said:
The class is not technically OGL because I have not appended an Open Gaming License statement. I might get around to doing that someday. For now, I'll just state that all the content in it is either my own creation, which I hold copyright to, and allow the free use of, or it is open content from existing works.

Using my freely available non-open content, and the open content from the original works, the class could be made open content by anyone wishing to do so. I just don't have the time at the moment to make sure that I'm correct to the letter of the OGL before I go claiming that my work is open content, because I'm using existing OGC in the work.

Would you mind if I added a copyright entry into my OGL stating something along the lines of: "Bruiser core class, Copyright 2006 Dr Awkward"? I have AE in my S.15 already (my wiki's S.15s are about 3 printed pages, and still doesn't cover all my books); if you're fairly certain AE was the only source you drew from, then that's good enough for me.

I don't want this to be a hassle for you. You can email me at nellisir at comcast dot net if you want a different name in the copyright or anything.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases