Ever used Living Campaign mods for a home campaign?

SJE

Explorer
Ages ago, a pal of mine in Living Force commented how they would like to take all the LF mods and run them again as a home campaign- with his own adjustments, more PRC's allowed and more player impact on the game.

Now I begin to think that I could do the same with the RPGA's Mark of Heroes for Eberron. Basically run the mods and adjust as the game and players required while letting in more stuff.

Has anyone tried this before? Encounter any problems?

Many thanks,

SJE

Ceresco

First Post
I do this all the time. I use Living Arcanis adventures for local players who aren't into the RPGA thing but want to play. You can even report the whole thing as a Home Game in the RPGA reporting and get rewards (free stuff) for doing so (if you sign up to get them).

I've found that a little adjustment to the particulars of your game is all that is needed to use RPGA events to play at home.

SJE

Explorer
I havent played any Mark of Heroes yet. How has it been? Non-dungeon crawly I hope! ;)

What have the plots been about?

Thx.

SJE

arscott

First Post
I've really only played in Living Greyhawk.

Please nobody take this as an insult, but If my GM tried to run one of those adventures in a home game, I'd shoot him.

NiTessine

Explorer
I use Living adventures mainly as a source of inspiration and occasionally a place to lift stats from. I've occasionally pondered using some old RPGA modules in my home campaign when I don't have time to prepare anything more fitting, but haven't yet had a chance to do so. Besides, I have a collection of Dungeon magazines for that purpose.

Some LG adventures would probably work well in a home campaign, but I'd heavily rework anything with a dungeon crawl, since a one-round LG adventure's dungeon crawls tend to be little more than holes in the ground, thanks to the Encounter Level limit. Core Special modules, I understand, sometimes have more impressive constructions.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases