Which movies would you like to see made into video games?

Dark Jezter

First Post
A few weeks ago, I made a thread in the movies & TV forum asking people which games they would like to see made in to movies. Well, now it's time for the poll asking people which movies they would like to see games based on? Note that the games don't necessarily have to follow the plotline of the movie; merely be based on the movie.

Here's a couple of my picks...

Red Dawn: I dreamed up this idea while playing Call of Duty 2. This game would be a first-person shooter based on the movie of the same name. Like the movie, the video game of Red Dawn would be set during the mid-1980s in an alternate history where World War III begins when Soviet forces (along with their central American allies) launch a surprise invasion of the United States. Players would take on the role of a partisan resistance fighter and various missions would include attacking supply convoys, raiding military installations, gathering intelligence information, rescuing downed friendly pilots, et cetera.

The Man With No Name: Okay, so this isn't based on a single movie, but rather a classic trilogy of westerns comprised of A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. This game would focus on the unnamed protaganist of the three movies played by Clint Eastwood, and would be a third-person action title similar to games like Gun and Red Dead Revolver.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I would buy those.

A Dirty Harry game would be pretty cool. Something like GTA, but in reverse.

A Highlander game could be pretty good. Either as an RPG or a fighting game.

I would say a John Woo/Chow Yun Fat movie, but there actually is going to be one, a sequel (in game form) to Hard Boiled

Groundhog Day might make a decent adventure game.

Last edited:

Dark Jezter

First Post
trancejeremy said:
I would buy those.

A Dirty Harry game would be pretty cool. Something like GTA, but in reverse.

A Highlander game could be pretty good. Either as an RPG or a fighting game.

I would say a John Woo/Chow Yun Fat movie, but there actually is going to be one, a sequel (in game form) to Hard Boiled

Groundhog Day might make a decent adventure game.
I like your ideas for games of Dirty Harry and especially Highlander.

Yes, Highlander would make a great RPG or fighting game. :)

KenM

Banned
Banned
In the mid 90's when fighting games were all the rage, I thought a Highlander fighting game would be very cool. The hook of the game would be when you defeat your opponent, the quicking would then let you do all of there special moves from then on.

babomb

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
The Man With No Name: Okay, so this isn't based on a single movie, but rather a classic trilogy of westerns comprised of A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. This game would focus on the unnamed protaganist of the three movies played by Clint Eastwood, and would be a third-person action title similar to games like Gun and Red Dead Revolver.

Sounds cool, but The Man With No Name is named Joe. :D

Dark Jezter

First Post
babomb said:
Sounds cool, but The Man With No Name is named Joe. :D
Only in A Fistful of Dollars. In For a Few Dollars More, he goes by the name of "Manco," and in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly he is called Blondie. :)

Krieg

First Post
The Last Starfighter -

Yeah I know there was an old Atari game made, but this just begs to be made for a modern system that can the game justice.

...besides I just want to fly a Gunstar. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases