CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Well, I don't see much of an issue. It's a monster, all right, as befits a DiggersTech gizmo.

I'm currently working on a few gun stats, and I wanted to discuss some of them:
The first one being the Hakubi Customs XM-391 'Hush-A-Boom' 10mm Pistol: Silenced pistol with integral mini-rocket launcher.

Gideon020

First Post
Integral micro-missile launcher in a suppressed pistol? Eh, it could work so long as you don't mind the fact that anyone using that isn't going to be interested in being stealthy for long periods of time.

Last edited:

Well, if you are infiltrating where you might find something (or somebody) with heavy armor and inside a vehicle and they are all expecting you to go Solid Snake... well, the enement of surprise might come in handy.

Gideon020

First Post
True, true. What are you planning to use as the damage stats? Because as a suggestion I'd go with the 10mm damage die from the Blackhammer Cyberpunk project: 3d6 for standard ammo so the weapon is merely Suppressed, and if using Cold-Loaded Ammo, change to 3d4 so the weapon can be Silent.

Just noticed that on the Bunker Thread and here, there is a lack of man-portable miniguns, so here's another fine and despicably cheap weapon from Suid-Afrika Armaments, the 'Black Mamba' 10mm Man-Portable Minigun.

Suid-Afrika Armaments 'Black Mamba' Weapon System
10mm Man-portable Minigun
biometalgat.jpg

"They never said these tribal fraggers would have f***ing miniguns! Pull back to the barricades! Keep your heads down!" - SAS Operators upon encountering tribal warriors led by a warrior carrying a Suid-Afirka Armaments Black Mamba minigun.

With all the weaponry lying around from World War 2 up to the end of the Cold War being filled out by gear from the Information Age and beyond thanks to the 23 Hours, Africa became a scavenger's dream for weaponry, often rusty and unreliable after age and weather had taken their toll, but they were used regardless since not even the richest warlords want to spend their carefully hoarded diamonds on new M-16's or AK-47's when there were plenty to be scavenged from the savannah.

But the need for heavy weapons was great enough that Suid-Afrika Armaments filled the gap between firepower, portability and cost-effectiveness with their Black Mamba minigun, a very well made weapon that with the usage of light-weight materials and the stolen blueprints of a SalCo helicopter door gun design, weighs a respectable 24 pounds, allowing it to be used by the ordinary fighter as well as vehicle mounts.

And not only that, its design allows it to remain reliable for very long periods of time in any extreme of temperature and humidity, perfect for the varied battlefields of the Dark Continent.

Stats:
Damage: 8d6
Critical: 20
Damage Type: Ballistic
Range Increment: 80 feet
Magazine: Linked/200/500 (see Special at bottom)
Size: Large
Weight: 24 lb/Special (see Special)
Rate of Fire: A
Purchase DC: 15
Restriction: None
Gadgets: Compact
SPECIAL:
-Recoil Compensation System: This system limits the effects of felt recoil and muzzle rise, allowing the user to use the Burst Fire feat with only -2 to attack rolls instead of -4.

-Ammo Hoppers: The Black Mamba comes with two man-portable ammo hoppers as standard; a side-pack style hopper carrying 200 rounds and a backpack-style hopper carrying 500 rounds. However, they increase the weapon's weight by 40 and 90 pounds respectively. Some insane and super-strong souls have even attempted to carry the 2000-round vehicle ammo hopper on their back, to which the company advises that since a fully loaded hopper weighs the better part of 120 pounds, should not be attempted unless wearing a power-suit or you possess super-human strength.

-Focused Fire: As a Full-Round Action, the user lays down four quick bursts at a single target or a single burst at four targets. Each burst uses twelve bullets instead of five and each is resolved to hit as normal, with each successful hit adding +4 damage die to the resulting damage roll. Can be done without the Burst Fire Feat.

There, that should do it. And to put a cherry on top, a feat for all of you people who love Autofire, but feel that 10 bullets isn't enough and want to completely fill the air with lead.

New Feat: SPRAY and PRAY!!!
Pre-requisite feats: Personal Firearms Proficiency, Advanced Firearms Proficiency.
Weapon Requirement: Any auto-fire capable ranged weapon.

"Okay you fraggers! SPRAY AND PRAY!!!"

Benefit:
When making an Autofire Attack, the shooter can elect to instead empty the entire magazine instead of firing ten rounds.
All this lead in the air actually increases the chance of hitting something so the Attack Roll gains a +2 to hit on top of the normal attack bonus, and if the hit is successful, the result of each damage die is increased by +2 to show that more than one bullet may have hit in the carnage.

After the attack, the character can then reload and continue to fight as normal or make another Spray and Pray attack.

Last edited:

Knight040

First Post
And you want to know the ironic thing, I made them so I'd have justification to create a character strong enough to heft a minigun as his normal weapon! :) Talk about overkill.

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
On AIs in Coreline.........the entity known as GLaDOS ended up dumped into one of the dataspaces of the GCU Qualifier ......and apparently she's still being 'processed' .......as in, even *they* seem to be having trouble. *snort* La Cultera *having trouble* ....:D The technical term for this is fiddling, c/o Worchester, MA, me thinks.

In other news, there are things that walk among the galactic voids, of which Jon Osterman is one.......Post-Hours,they're mostly putting out fires and fixing holes (Not of the quantum singularity variety, mind you)..... Of course a conflict of that scale, even if confined to the Solar System (CLULESS again) dose a lot more than break a couple of windows, doesn't it?

Last edited:

GLADOS... .I dunno about her. Probably locked up someplace deep in New Mexico (that starts with the letters 'B' and 'M'), with the limited connectivity to the outer world she has using to send out increasingly nuts memos (of the variety that 'The Cake is Fake', 'There is no Cake') and the like-which people might be going crazy over as a sort of conspiracy theory, but that it's not.

As for Osterman.... never saw 'Watchmen' (never had the money nor the time nor the patience -nor the means- to request for the book, or to go see the movie), so I wouldn't be able to say. But the thing is, he's a God on his Verse... and by measurements of things like the Canon DC/Marvel 'verses, he's a pretty heavy-hitting SOB... but not THAT onmiscient.

Aquarius Alodar

First Post
GLADOS... .I dunno about her. Probably locked up someplace deep in New Mexico (that starts with the letters 'B' and 'M'), with the limited connectivity to the outer world she has using to send out increasingly nuts memos (of the variety that 'The Cake is Fake', 'There is no Cake') and the like-which people might be going crazy over as a sort of conspiracy theory, but that it's not.

As for Osterman.... never saw 'Watchmen' (never had the money nor the time nor the patience -nor the means- to request for the book, or to go see the movie), so I wouldn't be able to say. But the thing is, he's a God on his Verse... and by measurements of things like the Canon DC/Marvel 'verses, he's a pretty heavy-hitting SOB... but not THAT onmiscient.

Huh. Well, I should be able to fix (the book, at least) if you have Outlook. As for the other stuff, you seem to have missed that point...(edit for understanding)

Aquarius alodar said:
...Post-Hours,they're mostly putting out fires and fixing holes (Not of the quantum singularity/black variety, mind you)..... Of course a conflict of that scale, even if confined to the Solar System (CLULESS, obvsly) dose a lot more than break a couple of windows, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases