Grand Theft Equine (OOC)




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Evilhalfling's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Roof of America, yelling
    Posts
    5,614

    ° Ignore Evilhalfling
    My communities:

    Grand Theft Equine (OOC)

    This is the Slavage of the game, that I pulled out of Google Cache -
    but I couldn't find the Characters does everyone have copies of thier own?
    Hopefully the removal of the spoiler blocks and formatting won't be too distracting.




    *D&D - *Grand Theft Equine* (was single classed game)*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Background from OOC Thread

    Spoiler:

    The City is Padmar a small, walled port city in a temperate clime.
    the peninsula of Longmont lies to the north, filled with squabbling Orc
    tribes and Dwarf Clans, to the south an Empire calling itself Tauresci
    fights with a breakaway province on its southern border.

    The City is ruled by Prince Derkus - although he gives a sizeable 'gift'
    to the Tauresci every year. The captain of the guard is a brutal, and
    absolutely loyal man. The cities legal system is a labyrinth with the
    prince judging some cases, the guilds and temples judging others. Trials
    can take years, and accused parties frequently flee rather than wait for
    the slow wheels of justice. One constant is not to annoy the nobility.
    While nobles of the city are normally off limits, Merchants and
    travelers are common targets of your craft. The merchants are reluctant
    to pay protection money, and they tend to put money into guards, traps
    and other defenses rather than paying off the thieves, of course taxes
    are a high, and not always fair, so many hide what wealth they do have.

    The elven weavers (silquani) and he woman Vordel are also offlimits. The
    small wizards guild is a valid target, but no one has tried it recently
    most are stopped by the first magically sealled door. Vordel is human
    woman from south of Tauresci - and has dealings with the nobility and
    shipping companies. She keeps a fantasic garden and is rarely seen
    outside her compound.


    Jacoby comes by each of your usual haunts either in the late afternoon
    or just after dinner as appropriate.

    He is a young human boy, roughly nine or ten years of age. The street
    urchin has large dark expressive eyes and a mop of long brown hair
    trimmed down to his eyebrows in the front. Although smooth and unlined,
    his face is often smudged with dirt or grime. A soft rounded chin and
    small mouth that dimples at the corners completes the appearance of
    childhood innocence. Jacoby's clothes are somewhat mismatched and
    threadbare though still serviceable. His oversized linen tunic is a
    dirty off-white, and his loose ochre colored breeches are patched at the
    knees. In addition, the street urchin has a small leather vest, light
    slippers, a pleated cloth belt and fingerless woolen gloves. In colder
    seasons Jacoby sports a woolen cap and cloak while busking on the city
    streets. His only armament is a mere wooden stick slightly taller than
    he is which the boy uses to vault and balance while performing
    acrobatics for spare change.

    OOC: Jacoby what are ye telling people?

    The warehouse that is normally dedicated to bringing fine silk cloth
    from Avoridial ?the Green City? far to the south, as far as most of you
    knew, the owners have no connection to the brotherhood. It is a large
    wooden building with a single door large enough to drive a wagon
    through. There is a smaller door beside it. It has a line of small
    clearstory windows only 6? wide near the roof.

    Inside, warehouse is large and empty that evening, with a single lamp
    sitting on a crate, ringed by six other crates.


    Many other posts - ending at the Fingersmiths Speech.

    Spoiler:


    Ambrus's Avatar
    Jacoby comes by each of your usual haunts either in the late afternoon
    or just after dinner as appropriate.

    Jostin: Mid afternoon. You first take note of Jacoby in your shop when a client you'd been speaking to sweeps his elegant cloak aside to reach the heavy purse hanging at his belt. The young boy is standing a few feet behind the man and seem to be studying the tumblers of a disassembled lock resting on a display case. You don't recall hearing the bell over your door chiming to announce his arrival. At the first sound of coins being fished out of a purse, the urchin's head turns slightly and you see him lick his bottom lip. When he sees you watching him disapprovingly he smiles innocently and goes back to poking the
    spring loaded tumblers while you complete the transaction. When the client finally turns to leave you see that Jacoby has apparently left. Being suspicious you scan the room quickly, but turn in response to your pant leg being tugged. Jacoby is standing next to you behind the counter. /"Hi Mister Chenser. Come to twig ya. There's a fine uprightman who'd be looking to meet an old hand like you to talk a spell. You can find em at dusk at the old silk house down on water street next ta the dry docks. I guess he's looking for some made men to do some work. See you there."/ When the door chime announces a new arrival Jacoby
    quickly ducks down. As you greet the new arrival you see the young urchin crawling around the counter, past the new arrival and heading back towards the door on his way out.

    Fhel: Late afternoon. You've just stepped out of a storefront having
    ended a polite conversation with a reluctant man in need of persuasion.
    Walking confidently down the cobblestone street, you are suddenly
    alerted to a disturbance coming from the alley to your left. Reaching
    for your dagger you quickly look around for the source of the loud
    rattling sound. Suddenly you see a familiar face, that of the young
    urchin Jack sliding down the side of a three story building along a
    copper drain-pipe. Landing lightly on the ground, Jack excitedly hops
    over to you as you calmly draw your hand away from the weapon's hilt.
    /"Lucky me; running inta you like this Mister Fhel. I got a message for
    you from a top cutter. He'd be looking fer a pretty face like yours fer
    a flash ken down by the docks. Old silk house by the dry docks at dark.
    Kay?"/ The young urchin bows respectfully, looks left and right and
    skips backwards into the alleyway. He turns, runs a few yards and then
    leaps up past the first floor windows, lightly touching down on a
    jutting timber support. Without pausing or loosing momentum Jacoby
    continues up the side of the building towards the roof, seemingly
    running as much as he is climbing. He disappears over the top edge of
    the roof only to reappear a few moments later as he leaps across the gap
    to the neighboring roof. Just like that he's gone.

    Thravar: Late afternoon. The first hint that something is wrong is when
    the mangy dog on the floor of your cabin perks its head up. Guessing
    what is about to happen, you angrily start to yell at the dog to shut up
    as it along with the other dogs outside begin a chorus of barking and
    yapping a few moments later. Finally managing to get them to quiet down
    a bit, you look towards the small window of your cabin to see the
    familiar face of the young urchin Jacoby hanging upside down from the
    roof outside. Peeking through the bars of an old wagon wheel hanging
    over the window Jacoby begins shouting through the grimy glass. While
    he's talking the young urchin tries to ignore the barking dogs outside
    who are busily leaping up trying to grab ahold of the child in their
    jaws. "Hi Mister Thravar! Got some happenings fer ya. The high up wants
    ta see ya at sundown at the old silk house down by the dry docks. Kay? I
    gotta run. It's getting late!" Flipping back up out of sight, the urchin
    is gone, though the dogs don't stop barking until you yell at them some
    more.

    Amber: Dusk. You've just finished changing into your nighttime apparel
    and are making your way through the sewers when you enter a large sewage
    filled junction tunnel and see Jacoby impatiently waiting for you. He's
    sitting on a rusted iron ladder rung absentmindedly waving his legs back
    and forth just a few inches above the murky water bellow. Seeing you,
    the young urchin beams with delight. /"Hi Amber! I thought you'd never
    get here! Fingersmith is waiting to meet us down by the docks. He's
    called a whole buncha old hands. We've gotta hurry. Let's go!"/ Getting
    up, Jacoby deftly begins up the ladder towards the alleyway you know
    lies above.

    OOC: Hope nobody minds my taking some liberties with our meetings. Got
    to start somewhere. Yay! we've started!
    __________________


    Thravar comes in slowly, eyeing the shadows, paying particular attention
    to the possibility of snipers above. He smells heavily of garlic, and
    greasy bits of his meal are strewn through his beard.

    He sits down sullenly on one crate, but keeps twisting his head, this
    way and that. Rogues are given to theatrics -- another reason why he
    hates most of them -- so he's not particularly concerned about others
    hired for this job hiding in the shadows, but he's clearly not convinced
    this isn't a trap.

    He lights up an orcweed cigar and begins puffing away angrily.

    ____________________________________
    Boddynock's Avatar

    The street leading to the Avoridial silk warehouse is quiet, the workers
    having already moved off quickly through the dusk towards home and
    hearth. Only the ever-present sparrows hop around, searching out crumbs
    and other detritus of the day, growing bolder as the human inhabitants
    have departed.

    One sparrow moves in a random fashion down the street, finding a crust
    of bread here, a thistle seed there. Its progress brings it to the
    warehouse, where it suddenly takes flight - startled, perhaps, by some
    sound outside the ken of larger ears. It flies up and flutters before
    the clerestory of the building, alighting a moment in the corner of one
    of the windows, seeming to peer inside. Then, descending again to the
    hard surface of the street, it hops in through the open doorway and
    ascends to the criss-cross of beams that support the high roof.

    A moment later, Jostin approaches. He makes his way unhurriedly to the
    small door and enters. Moving into the centre of the space, he nods
    briefly to Thravar, whom he knows and doesn't much like, and, moving to
    the opposite side of the circle, seats himself on one of the crates. He
    faces the entrance.

    As he waits, he strips down and reassembles a complex locking mechanism.
    A discipline that he incessantly practises, he's currently got it down
    to three and a half seconds.

    /Time to go to a Mark 3,/ he thinks to himself.


    Whizbang Dustyboots's Avatar


    Thravar sneers at the safecracker with his clean fingernails and
    (comparatively) uncalloused hands, blowing a thick cloud of oily smoke
    at him and his fine clothes.

    --------------------------------

    Lord_Raven88's Avatar

    Following Jacob out of the sewers they climb out to a darkened alleyway
    a block away from the warehouse letting Jacob lead the way thru the
    labyrinthine alleyways, flitting soundlessly from shadow to shadow the
    pair make their way thru the alleyways until they've reached the back of
    the warehouse.

    Speaking in ragged whisper in Halfling "Do me a favour Jacoby help me
    climb up thru that window over there, then we can observe who else has
    arrived" watching the boy climb the wall with remarkable skill Amber
    waits until he's secured the rope then climbs up next to him.

    Gazing down at the two rogues below Amber searches the darkness for any
    hidden forms (Listen +10 [12 humans], Spot +5[7 humans]).

    Noting the six crates and their occupants Ambers faces takes on a look
    of disgust when she notes the form of the disgusting Thravar, puffing
    away on his foul smelling cigar, seeing Jostin sitting across from the
    dwarf, her look changes to one of curiosity /I wonder what sort of job
    requires two of Padmars finest safe crackers/
    __________________

    Boddynock's Avatar

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by *Whizbang Dustyboots*
    Thravar sneers at the safecracker with his clean fingernails and
    (comparatively) uncalloused hands, blowing a thick cloud of oily smoke
    at him and his fine clothes.

    The rancid smoke catches in Jostin's throat, causing him to cough. He
    pauses in his lock assembly and looks up, a thin smile on his face,
    before resuming his activity. He completes the assembly, without any
    appreciable slowing of pace, while keeping his gaze fixed on the grubby
    dwarf. Having done so, he pockets the lock and then checks the contents
    of the pouch at his belt, fingering spell contents and checking the
    position of each. His gaze is now turned to his belt. His fingers,
    moving quickly through the inventory, are never far from the dagger at
    his belt.

    *EvilHafling*
    EH, does the sparrow get a Spot check to see if he notices the two
    halflings?

    Whizbang Dustyboots's

    The dwarf snickers to himself and begins picking his meal out of his
    beard, flicking the scraps to the floor.

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by *Amber*
    /I wonder what sort of job requires two of Padmars finest safe crackers/

    Jacoby whispers a response into the raven haired woman's ear. /"Dunno.
    Mayhaps one a those fancy double locks or somethin. Jostin's better, but
    Thravar's tough and sneaky too; maybe he's the backup. The high up also
    got me ta fetch Fhel tha face. Don't see im yet though."/ Though his
    senses aren't as keen as the woman's, the young urchin likewise looks
    around (Spot +3, Listen +4) but is clearly waiting to see how Amber
    proceeds.
    ____________________________

    Ferrix

    Fhel stands across the street from the rendezvous, a heavy cloak
    obscuring his fine features, the warehouse district could be dangerous
    even for a member of the guild. Trained eyes case the joint, /why meet
    all the way down here?/

    Advancing on the entrance, Fhel's sharp senses keep him keenly aware of
    the shadows and rhythms of sounds. He enters through the door. Seeing
    the array of crates with the safe cracker Jostin and the pug dwarf
    Thravar, he knows now why they are meeting down here, few would want
    Thravar in any reputable joint.

    Approaching he eyes the two and slips back the hood of his cloak, the
    hood seemingly melting into the rest of the fabric. "It seems someone
    needs quite the charm with such a fine pair of gilt here."

    [Spot & Listen +8]
    __________________
    Lindy hopper, popper, dancer, philosopher, gamer, fledgling capoeirista,
    so on... so forth



    Ferrix


    Ambrus's Avatar


    Just as he finishes his last statement Jacoby points out Fhel's
    self-evident entrance through the front door by whispering to Amber.
    /"Ah! There he is. Only us missing now."/


    Lord_Raven88's Avatar

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by *Ambrus*
    Just as he finishes his last statement Jacoby points out Fhel's
    self-evident entrance through the front door by whispering to Amber.
    /"Ah! There he is. Only us missing now."/


    Pointing to the way they've come "Let's go join them" climbing down the
    rope Amber proceeds to the main entrance and enters the warehouse,
    taking her seat she nods slightly at those seated.
    Lord_Raven88 is offline Reply With Quote
    <newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3078432>



    Ambrus's Avatar

    /"Kay."/ Jacoby unties Amber's rope and tosses the end down to her. The
    urchin then runs down the wall from his perch and joins the raven haired
    halfling when she enters the warehouse doors. He smiles and waves to
    everyone in the room and then seats himself on the crate next to
    Amber's. Jacoby, soon growing restless, begins looking around curiously
    all the while kicking his feet back and forth beneath him.
    Ambrus is offline Reply With Quote <newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3078712>



    "So, Jacoby, who's the sixth on this job?" Jostin indicates the still
    vacant crate on the perimeter of the ring. "And do you have any clue
    what we're here for?"


    Ambrus's Avatar


    Jacoby shrugs and shows his dimples. /"No sixth; just the high up left.
    Don't know what he's got planned though, just told me to get everybody
    here."/


    Evilhalfling's Avatar

    Fhel notices Dench, the guildmaster?s bodyguard lurking outside the
    building. Although he half-orc?s grey cloak nearly obscures him.
    Amber is a little clumsey coming up the rope, but makes no more sound
    than a cat. From the window there is no sign of anyone hidden in the
    warehouse.

    After Amber and Jacoby finally stroll in and take there places, there is
    a crash as the outside door is slammed. Drech has squeezed his massive
    form through the door and slams it behind him, His long chain draped
    over his neck. There is a slight clearing of a throat and you look back
    to see the Fingersmith sitting on the empty crate. He is thin as a
    scarecrow and dressed in gray. The guildmaster?s eyes flick between each
    of you, never coming to rest. His head twitches with his familiar tick,
    while rest of his body never moves, a study in absolute stillness.

    This is the game, my birds of a feather. The old Ardeth manor house. The
    new mr. won?t play. He is some straw-topped fat foreign, with his own
    retinue. None of ?ums got any of the Art. Once you get past the doors it
    should be as easy as taking pie from a pig in a ten. Word is if he calls
    for the beef, its not at home for him, not even if one of his is Used Up.

    And don?t worry about the swag, I have a new man who is ready to turn
    any oddities into clean coins. The regualar Nobs is having a grand twirl
    on the sixday, I expect you to be back here in eight, but give me a wink
    if its sooner. We don?t have much chance to aim so high with no follow
    ups ? I want a whole Caravan out of that place, that is, my usual cut of
    the Caravan. I have no more of the Dark, its up to you birds to work
    out. Clear?

    OOC: Climb, amber 7+2=9 / Jacoby spot 7+7=14, listen 5+12=17, sparrow
    6+6 = 12
    Jacoby MS 18+15=33 , hide nat 20, / amber MS 6+13 =19 Hide 14+15 =31
    Fhel spot 17+8

    Rooc: Oye ?don?t know which was worse ? all of your opposed rolls or
    translating that speech. I should have know I would get into trouble
    with such great players. Re-Translations should worked out on the other
    thread if necessary.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------



    I have posts all the way to Jostin, Thavar and Fhel reaching Black Dogs kip.
    Game Quote:
    "Sir is not allowed into the dance, because you don't have an invitation, your wearing a dress, and its covered in poo."

    "You all are the worst emissaries, ever!" the silver dragon declares, shaking with rage.
    "Its a game, a game, I'm only playing. " E. Wiggen
    My PbP games , Roll Dice

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Evilhalfling's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Roof of America, yelling
    Posts
    5,614

    ° Ignore Evilhalfling
    My communities:

    Is everyone willing to pick up again?
    and anyone have any formatting suggestions for putting the IC thread back together?
    Game Quote:
    "Sir is not allowed into the dance, because you don't have an invitation, your wearing a dress, and its covered in poo."

    "You all are the worst emissaries, ever!" the silver dragon declares, shaking with rage.
    "Its a game, a game, I'm only playing. " E. Wiggen
    My PbP games , Roll Dice

  • #3
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,434

    ° Ignore Ambrus
    Still willing, though I don't have a copy of my character. It'll take me a bit to rebuild it; I have a lot of work to do to rebuild my various PBP games...
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

    Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

  • #4
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Evilhalfling's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Roof of America, yelling
    Posts
    5,614

    ° Ignore Evilhalfling
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrus
    Still willing, though I don't have a copy of my character. It'll take me a bit to rebuild it; I have a lot of work to do to rebuild my various PBP games...
    I copied the OOC thread - so I can post a starting point for you to work from.

    *Jacoby*
    Jacoby
    Strongheart Halfling Scout 4

    CN Small humanoid (halfling)
    *Init* +6; *Senses* Spot +4, Listen +4
    *Languages* Common, Halfling
    ?????????????????????????
    *AC* 20, touch 16, flat-footed 15;
    skirmish +1 AC, uncanny dodge
    *hp* 27 (4d8 HD)
    *Fort* +4, *Ref* +9, *Will* +2
    +2 moral bonus on saving throws against fear
    ?????????????????????????
    *Spd* 40 ft.
    *Melee* quarterstaff +4 (1d4)
    *Ranged* skiprock +10 (1d4) or sling +10 (1d3)
    *Base Atk* +3; Grp -2 (0 to escape a grapple)
    *Atk option* Skirmish +1d6
    ?????????????????????????
    *Abilities* Str 10, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 13, Chr 8
    *SQ* trackless step, trapfinding
    *Feats* Agile Athlete, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (skiprock), Up the
    Walls, Wild Talent
    *Trait* Slippery, Quick
    *Skills* Balance +14, Bluff +4, Climb +14 (+16 with climber's kit),
    Diplomacy +2, Disguise +12, Escape Artist +10 (+11 to escape a grapple),
    Hide +16, Intimidate +2, Jump +20, Listen +4, Move Silently +15, Tumble
    +14, Sleight of hand +14 (Pick pocket +15), Spot +4
    *Possessions* Mithral chain shirt, /hat of disguise/, silver /continual
    flame/ Brandobaris holy symbol locket, /potion of cure light wounds/,
    /potion of expeditious retreat/, quarterstaff, 10 skiprocks, sling with
    5 bullets, explorer's outfit, backpack, climber's kit, bedroll, finger
    blades, glass cutter, 2 sacks, silent shoes, sashling, waterskin
    ?????????????????????????
    *Treasure* 4.6 gp
    *Experience* 6,000
    ?????????????????????????
    *Appearance* Jacoby appears as a young human boy, roughly nine or ten
    years of age. The street urchin has large dark expressive eyes and a mop
    of long brown hair trimmed down to his eyebrows in the front. Although
    smooth and unlined, his face is often smudged with dirt or grime. A soft
    rounded chin and small mouth that dimples at the corners completes the
    appearance of childhood innocence. Jacoby's clothes are somewhat
    mismatched and threadbare though still serviceable. His oversized linen
    tunic is a dirty off-white, and his loose ochre colored breeches are
    patched at the knees. In addition, the street urchin has a small leather
    vest, light slippers, a pleated cloth belt and fingerless woolen gloves.
    In colder seasons Jacoby sports a woolen cap and cloak while busking on
    the city streets. His only armament is a mere wooden stick slightly
    taller than he is which the boy uses to vault and balance while
    performing acrobatics for spare change.

    Although the face he presents to the world is mostly accurate, there are
    a few aspects of Jacoby's appearance that are more than they seem. The
    young footpad's hair exaggerates the size of his head and conveniently
    covers a pair of pointed ears and a small magical comb at his nape. His
    magically disguised form fitting clothes conceal his wiry frame, a shirt
    of the finest mithral chain and numerous weapons and tools hidden in
    secret pockets.
    *Height* 3' 4" *Weight* 38 lbs

    *Background*Free; the one word that now defines Jacoby. In his younger
    years the young halfling, along with most of his kinfolk, could only
    imagine what it meant. They were the slaves of a family of greedy
    tyrannical dragons who had overrun their island. Some halflings were
    kept as personal servants while others were forced to mine the deep
    earth for precious metals; a job the diminutive folk proved ideal for.
    Jacoby spent his childhood in such a mine, listening to his elders'
    tales of green pastures, sweet air and freedom. It was a dream he
    carried in his heart both when awake or sleeping. The young halfling's
    dreams proved to have power and with time they engendered within him the
    will and means to attempt escape. It was a long and trying ordeal in
    which many kinsmen died, but eventually a lucky few did manage to flee
    the Green Isles to the mainland. Once there Jacoby kept running, much
    further than most folk who settled where they landed. Through prairies,
    forests, towns and cities the young halfling ran, exalting in the
    feeling of new found freedom.

    For a while now, Jacoby has sheltered in this, the largest city he's
    ever seen. He enjoys the anonymity he has amongst the bustling populace,
    as well as the endless nooks and crannies of the winding streets and the
    tall buildings. To Jacoby the city is a world of opportunities and
    limitless freedom. The acrobatic halfling spends his days tumbling or
    juggling for spare change in the streets, picking the purses of rich
    merchants and delivering messages. In contrast, Jacoby spends his
    evenings scaling the walls of the tallest buildings, perching on
    grotesque waterspouts and enjoying the thrill of leaping over streets
    and alleyways from rooftop to rooftop. With such quick and easy access
    to the city buildings' highest unprotected windows, Jacoby is also a top
    floor burglar without peer. Oftentimes however, the only thing Jacoby
    desires is a warm place to take shelter from the rain or the cold. The
    young halfling has no single home; instead finding rest in a collection
    of empty attics, belfries and lofts throughout the city. Oftentimes he
    spends the night, quiet as a mouse, just a floor or wall away from the
    building's other sleeping occupants.

    Shortly after arriving Jacoby discovered that his activities attracted
    unwanted attention, from both law enforcers and fellow thieves who each
    claimed the city as their territory. To deflect some of the unwanted
    attention, Jacoby took to exploiting the natural perceptions of the
    larger humans around him. Often mistaken for a mere child because of his
    stature, Jacoby soon learned the value of being underestimated and
    ignored by human adults. The young footpad began to consciously
    cultivate the appearance and mannerisms of human children. He soon
    perfected his disguise and eventually became indistinguishable from a
    young boy. Nowadays, no one he meets on the streets suspects that the
    dirty urchin in their midsts is anything beyond what he appears. Even
    the members of the city's thieves guild, with whom Jacoby often
    consorts, have no clue of his true nature. Only a handful of keen-eyed
    people within the guild suspect the there is more to the young footpad,
    though most of them still remain uncertain of what exactly.

    Curiously perhaps, Jacoby has ingratiated himself amongst the city's
    actual population of urchins, benefiting from their camaraderie as added
    camouflage. He sees in them something of what he used to be; young,
    hopeful and vulnerable. When he can, Jacoby helps the urchins to find
    food and shelter and protects them from those who would prey upon the
    young and defenseless. Many of them, like him, work as pick-pockets so
    Jacoby sometimes acts on their behalf within the thieves guild; an
    organization which might otherwise exploit them mercilessly. As the
    preeminent urchin, Jacoby acts as the go-between for the urchins and the
    guild, helping the children to stay in-line with the guild's mandates
    and out of its internal politics or turf wars. Doing so means that, on
    occasion, the young halfling has to deliver some tough reprimands to
    those urchins who try to short-change or cheat the guild. Still, such
    instances are rare and most of the city's urchins gladly welcome
    Jacoby's help and protection.
    Game Quote:
    "Sir is not allowed into the dance, because you don't have an invitation, your wearing a dress, and its covered in poo."

    "You all are the worst emissaries, ever!" the silver dragon declares, shaking with rage.
    "Its a game, a game, I'm only playing. " E. Wiggen
    My PbP games , Roll Dice

  • #5
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,434

    ° Ignore Ambrus
    Thanks. I'll work on it. How about starting a Rogue's Gallery and IC thread so we can start copying and pasting what we have available?
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

    Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

  • #6
    Registered User
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

    Whizbang Dustyboots's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The hedge maze
    Posts
    13,038

    ° Ignore Whizbang Dustyboots
    I have Thravar. I keep this material on a hidden page on my site (24 hour tape back ups of that server, blessedly -- it's good to have a buddy who hosts big commercial sites like Marilyn Manson's site) for just such an emergency.

    Thravar Blackhill is a vile and unpleasant dwarf burglar and safe-cracker.

    He is all but covered in thick black hair, with dark eyes peeping out over leathery cheeks that form one of the few breaks in the pelt that covers almost his entire body. His nose was badly broken long before he came to the city, and cut with a blade besides, and a bright pink scar runs across the broken ruin of his nose. At least one gold tooth peeps through his black beard and mustache when he speaks.

    Whatever caused Thravar to leave his ancestral dwarfhall home, he refuses to say, but buried beneath the black hair of his thick right forearm is a spot where the hair does not grow and he has been branded with a dwarf rune. Most believe it signifies that he is a thief, traitor and exile. (Speakers of Dwarven also indicate that "Thravar" is almost certainly not the name he bore before his exile.)

    Thravar's speech is punctuated with three languages' worth of profanity and he is typically crude and insulting to anyone he thinks he can beat in a fight. He smokes truly vile-smelling orcweed cigars that he gestures with to emphasize his points.

    Today, he lives in a filthy shack in the midst of a junkyard, where he nominally serves as the watchman. This mostly consists of throwing raw meat to the various half-wild dogs that roam the property. It's sufficient security -- it really is all junk, for the most part -- and the dogs also end up guarding his shack in the middle of it, providing excellent personal security for Thravar.

    Like most dwarves, he finds himself naturally gravitating towards structure, in this case, the city's thieves guild. Unfortunately, an encounter he'd had with an obnoxious young bravo prior to joining has come back to haunt him: The now one-eyed boy whom he'd chosen to extinguish his cigar on turned out to be a nephew of a guild lieutenant. The lieutenant knew his nephew well enough to know it was probably deserved, but for the sake of appearance and honor, he's had to make sure the dwarf burglar's ascent through the guild hierarchy was visibly difficult. Despite this -- and the very real concern about a one-eyed bravo slipping a knife into his ribs, should he be caught unawares -- Thravar has begun his ascent. The Blackhills have always been excellent mountaineers.

    Thravar Blackhill
    Neutral Evil Male Dwarf Rogue 4

    Strength: 13 (+1)
    Dexterity: 18 (+4)
    Constitution: 12 (+1)
    Intelligence: 13 (+1)
    Wisdom: 10
    Charisma: 8 (-1)

    Hit Points: 21
    Armor Class: 18
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 20 feet

    Base Attack: +3
    Masterwork silver dagger: +8 melee 1d4, 19-20/x2
    Masterwork hand crossbow: +8 ranged 1d4, 19-20/x2
    Masterwork sap: +8 melee 1d6 non-lethal, x2
    Masterwork cold iron short sword: +8 melee 1d6, 19-20/x2

    Saving Throws: Fortitude +2, Reflex +8, Will +1

    Feats: Stealthy, Weapon Finesse
    Skills: Balance 11 (7 + 4), Climb 8 (7 + 1), Disable Device 8 (7 + 1), Hide 13 (7+ 4 +2), Jump 8 (7 + 1), Move Silently 13 (7 + 4 +2), Open Locks 11 (7 + 4), Search 8 (7 + 1), Tumble 11 (7 + 4), Use Rope 11 (7 + 4)

    Languages: Dwarven, Common, Goblin

    Class abilities: Sneak Attack +2d6, Trapfinding, Evasion, Trap Sense +1, Uncanny Dodge

    Race traits: Darkvision 60 feet, Stonecunning, Stability, +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects, +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids, +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type, +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items, +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal

    Equipment: antitoxin (3), artisan's outfit, backpack, beltpouch, caltrops, masterwork climbers kit, masterwork grappling hook, masterwork thieves tools, sack (2), signal whistle, silk rope (50'), silver holy symbol of Roknar

    Weapons and armor: bolts (10), +1 studded leather armor, masterwork silver dagger, masterwork hand crossbow, masterwork sap, masterwork cold iron short sword

    Wealth: 169 gp
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-discussion/213067-unified-theory-gnomes.html

  • #7
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Francisco, California, United States
    Posts
    5,055

    ° Ignore Ferrix
    My communities:

    I've Fhel on my home computer... will get him up again when I head home. Happy to be reaboard.
    Lindy hopper, popper, dancer, philosopher, gamer, fledgling capoeirista, so on... so forth

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrahn
    You sir, have a talent for finding loopholes.
    The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else.
    -Eco

    When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    - J. Krishnamurti


    http://www.enworld.org/ennies/images...ini_banner.gif

  • #8
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,434

    ° Ignore Ambrus
    So are we still all aboard? Are we ready to continue? I believe we were all about to start discussing what we'd learned about the mark...
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

    Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

  • #9
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Evilhalfling's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Roof of America, yelling
    Posts
    5,614

    ° Ignore Evilhalfling
    My communities:

    We only have 2 PCs on the RG thread, one here and Ferrix says he still has Fhrel -
    so we are still missing the rouge/ranger.

    I'll go post part 2 to the IC thread.
    Game Quote:
    "Sir is not allowed into the dance, because you don't have an invitation, your wearing a dress, and its covered in poo."

    "You all are the worst emissaries, ever!" the silver dragon declares, shaking with rage.
    "Its a game, a game, I'm only playing. " E. Wiggen
    My PbP games , Roll Dice

  • #10
    Registered User
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

    Whizbang Dustyboots's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The hedge maze
    Posts
    13,038

    ° Ignore Whizbang Dustyboots
    Thravar will solo the mission!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Grand Theft Auto IV on PC - Securerom Problems?
      By Mustrum_Ridcully in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Thursday, 1st January, 2009, 12:02 PM
    2. Grand Theft Equine (IC)
      By Evilhalfling in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 38
      Last Post: Monday, 19th June, 2006, 09:36 PM
    3. Grand Theft Equine
      By Evilhalfling in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Thursday, 1st June, 2006, 01:43 AM
    4. Grand theft auto idea mining for rpgs
      By Shard O'Glase in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Monday, 4th July, 2005, 07:07 PM
    5. Need ideas for....Grand Theft Arcana campaign
      By Superunknown_GP in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: Wednesday, 14th April, 2004, 03:07 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •