EN World New GMs, players, read the first post in this thread! (updated 5/21)

Dire Lemming

First Post
Thanks for your assistance.

I've read through the "Keeping the Blade" thread, the reason I posted that I'm not sure how to join it is that it seems to require a bit more than merely posting a character idea. This line here:

"I'm looking for four players. Recruiting is open till May 29th, it is not first-come-first-served... first-apply-first-added... whatever."

It seems as if it's some kind of contest, I'm a rather slow with making a character (or anything that requires mathlike thought) and there really isn't enough information to give me a good idea whether I'll like the game.

It seems that Tatters of the King is still open by the way.

EDIT: I thought about checking out Living EnWorld but I hate MMORPGs so I didn't think it would appeal to me.

Last edited:

Lukeworm

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
I've read through the "Keeping the Blade" thread, the reason I posted that I'm not sure how to join it is that it seems to require a bit more than merely posting a character idea. This line here:

"I'm looking for four players. Recruiting is open till May 29th, it is not first-come-first-served... first-apply-first-added... whatever."

It seems as if it's some kind of contest, I'm a rather slow with making a character (or anything that requires mathlike thought) and there really isn't enough information to give me a good idea whether I'll like the game.

Some GM accept the first players to applay or post a charater to their games. Other GM, well more like most on this boards, prefer to chose the players. Chosing players is usually based on character concept, character background/history and party build or ballance. Other guidelines can be number of posts expected (once per day, four per week,...), access to specific setting material (FR, Eberron, D20 Modern) as well as writing quality. The later is usually judged by character background.

Most GM sepcify what they are looking for in the first post of the thread. Read it and later posts to see if more details are provided later. If you want to submit a character follow the example of other players. Usually you don't have to submit a full character early on, a charater concept is enough. Something like - Rodrirc Rockbeard a dwarven miner turned mercenary, Fighter level one for examlpe.

Don't be discouraged if you are not accepted to the first games you apply to, just keep applying to games you like. Usually there are a couple of new DnD games starting evry week.

kefa

First Post
Recruiting - Taeria PBEM

The High Priest of Milliston has been captured in a daring raid by a mysterious coalition of enemies and you have been hired to track them for a rescue team which is being prepared. Your reward: a voyage on the Grand Riverboat, "The River Queen", to the island home of the gods.

3.5 e campaign needs replacement players. (2-4 Experienced and dedicated players preferred. Starting Characters will be 3rd level; Fighters and rogue types will be given preference, though other classes will be considered). Recruitment will end when a suitable group of players has been collected.

For more information on the World of Taeria, the allowable races, character creation and posting guide lines, visit the game's support web site at:

http://ca.geocities.com/taeria_pbem.

Contact the DM by e-mail (taeria_pbem@yahoo.ca) with character concept and background story to apply .

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I'm back. :D
Dire Lemming said:
Thanks for your assistance.
Some people have characters made beforehand and just pull one out when the timing's right. If you have any questions about specific games, it's usually not a problem for you to post in their OOC thread to ask any questions you have (just don't touch the IC thread). Most people on EN World are very friendly and willing to help people out.
Dire Lemming said:
EDIT: I thought about checking out Living EnWorld but I hate MMORPGs so I didn't think it would appeal to me.
Living EN World is not an MMORPG. Well, at least not in the way people talk about MMORPGs. Each game feels independent of every other game, so it's pretty different.

If you have any more questions/comments, I'd appreciate you start a separate thread to discuss it. This is the right forum for it, but the wrong thread. You'll also get more responses, which is for your own benefit.

If you'd like to advertise that you're looking for a game, please say so and specify what you can (system, genre, etc).

Last edited:

Jdvn1

kefa said:
The High Priest of Milliston has been captured in a daring raid by a mysterious coalition of enemies and you have been hired to track them for a rescue team which is being prepared. Your reward: a voyage on the Grand Riverboat, "The River Queen", to the island home of the gods.
Sorry.

This sounds like a neat game, but this thread is necessarily for games on EN World. If this becomes an EN World PbP rather than a PBEM, feel free to post it on here. Otherwise, the request to find players would be better in the Gamers Seeking Gamers forum.

Malvoisin

First Post
I am now recruiting players for a 14th level adventure from Goodman Games' Dungeon Crawl Classics line.

D&D 3.5
Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen
Recruitment ends June 4th

For more information, please click here!

Jdvn1

rexartur said:
Warhammer Fantasy RPG Play by Post
rexartur said:
Hackmaster Play by Post
Looks like both of these are off-site. If so, I won't display them. Sorry.

This thread is for people looking for EN World games on EN World. If I accepted other games, it'd get too big, and it'd also be too big a responsibility me. If you decide to run some games on EN World, I'll be happy to post them.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases