Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw [OOC]

Watus

First Post
I'm a little confused, I think. I had thought that were moving into the unexplored area of the cave, but the body that we're in the process of looting is Alan's, correct? So are we still at the base of the ropes?

Voadam

Legend
Watus said:
I'm a little confused, I think. I had thought that were moving into the unexplored area of the cave, but the body that we're in the process of looting is Alan's, correct? So are we still at the base of the ropes?

Yeah, I had originally forgotten that you would by necessity have passed his body and so made the post about going down the stalagmite path to the corridor. I then later realized my mistake and wanted to give the opportunity for looting and talk about Alan. I'll move the scene back down the path to just before the skittering noise. Sorry about the confusion.

Voadam

Legend
Knight mounted combat

Ilium, I'm considering letting the knight class as an option trade in mounted combat for skill focus in one of the skills on the knight's skill list. Something small and in theme for a non mounted knight focus concept character.

Ilium

First Post
That would be cool. I don't forsee a lot of mounted combat ahead, and in fact I don't even have Ride ranks. If you do that I'll probably choose Diplomacy (I think that's on the Knight list).

Voadam

Legend
Business trip

I have an upcoming business trip and two immediate follow up big projects when I return. I expect to not be posting on ENworld from Wednesday 10/25 through Wednesday 11/1.

Voadam

Legend
Having had more of a chance to review IH lately I like the reserve hp mechanic (also found in UA) for reducing the need for magical healing between encounters but not changing the dynamics of combat itself.

Voadam

Legend
MIA players

It has been weeks since Watus posted on ENWorld and D20Dazza said he will be MIA for the foreseeable future. I am therefore opening up recruitment again for this heavily house ruled high options 3.5 game. Please see first page of posts in this thread for details if interested.

Ilium

First Post
Voadam said:
Having had more of a chance to review IH lately I like the reserve hp mechanic (also found in UA) for reducing the need for magical healing between encounters but not changing the dynamics of combat itself.
Does that mean we'll be using said rules from now on, or is this just an editorial comment? :)

Voadam

Legend
Ilium said:
Does that mean we'll be using said rules from now on, or is this just an editorial comment? :)

Changing the rules of a game as it goes can be a big deal and break an implied social contract between DM and players. I want to see if you have objections before I fully adopt it. Given that you chose to play a cleric in part because of the party need for a healer I want to know if you feel this change would make the game less fun for you instead of making the game less dependant on a PC playing a medic role and therefore better as I hope it does.

Remove ads