The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
In order to sell the goods, you'll need to go to a larger city. While I'm very unclear as to where the original DM actually put this monastery, Orussus seems a likely candidate.

The voyage into the mountains, not to mention whatever demands the "spirits" might make in exchange for the cure, would be another adventure. Challenges as yet unknown await you!

[And I told myself I wasn't going to drop a plot hook at the end of this one! I just can't stop myself!] :)

El Jefe

First Post
Manzanita said:
"What do we do with these potions and scrolls. Can you guys read them?"
Boog knew little of magic, save that he had some idea which spells mimicked certain Powers. "Scrolls are useless to me", he explained, "but I can use a potion as well as anyone. If you won't let me have those, then I'll be satisfied with what coin is a fair share."
Manzanita said:
"I'm going to find a cure for my brother...If'n either of you wanted to come, you'd be most welcome."
Boog considered this for all of a second, then shrugged. He'd followed the girl here, he'd follow the barbarian north. There wasn't much left to do here, and north was where he'd been headed before he got to Orussus. "Sure" was his only reply.

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
In order to sell the goods, you'll need to go to a larger city. While I'm very unclear as to where the original DM actually put this monastery, Orussus seems a likely candidate.
It was pretty clear that it was within a day or so of Orussus, and wasn't one of the monasteries that had already been placed in the game. I hadn't realized until you brought this up that the entire first thread vanished into the ether.
Patlin said:
The voyage into the mountains, not to mention whatever demands the "spirits" might make in exchange for the cure, would be another adventure. Challenges as yet unknown await you!
I'm game. Combat with Boog should get pretty interesting these next couple of levels.

Patlin

Explorer
El Jefe said:
It was pretty clear that it was within a day or so of Orussus

Excellent, that works well with my intention that you have an opportunity to recruit another adventurer or two. Always nice to have a healer along, if you can find one, and ELs are a bit tricky with 3 PCs.

orsal

LEW Judge
El Jefe said:
It was pretty clear that it was within a day or so of Orussus,

From Roger's original adventure proposal:
"The trip is uneventful -- easily done in a single day."

No more about location -- I don't think a direction was specified.

Patlin

Explorer
Final XP Reward
Time: 1/4 month * 150 xp per month = 37 xp each

Hmmm. Does that leave Boog 5 xp short? That would just be cruel!

If it's OK with Orsal, everyone can have a 25 xp roleplaying bonus.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Does the monestary have a name?

I was surprised you presented another plot hook, Patlin. I'm psyched about it. As you may recall, I was ready to drop Rowan when Roger dissapeared. I don't see him as the kind of guy to just hang out in the RDI waiting for some random adventure to come along. The best kind of PC (in my experience, anyway) is one who's background and motivation dovetail with the adventure plot. Thanks for giving Rowan an opportunity to do this.

El Jefe

First Post
Manzanita said:
OOC: Does the monestary have a name?
OoC: As I recall, it had a vaguely oriental sounding name, just as Xu Phnug and Ton Mei sound somewhat oriental. I'll be hanged if I can remember just what exactly that name was, thought.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases