The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Round 2 Continues
Rowan (AOO) slashes at the wand wielder for 7 damage as he moves warilly away from the big man.

Rowan and Julianna take the full brunt of the 12 hp fireball, while Boog takes only 6 damage.

Julianna tries to sweep Throndred's legs out from under him with her weapon, but in the struggle it is knocked from her grip.

[Rowan goes here.]

Boog demands that Throndred toss him the wand. Throndred's eyes glaze over for a moment.

Round 3 Begins
Throndred tosses the wand to Boog, and his eyes regain focus. With a curse, he steps away from Rowan (who is likely to be nearby) and pulls out a scroll.

ooc: Impromptu DM ruling: tossing a wand to someone is a standard action that doesn't draw an AOO. I don't think it's as difficult as a ranged attack, but it's something more than a free drop.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 3:
Rowan steps forward (if necessary) & also tries to trip and strike his opponent. He allows himself to slip into gleeful rage at the prospect of killing his brother's kidnapper.

OOC: Rage gives 19 str, AC of 14, & HPs of 24 (incl 6 short term hps). Rolls. Trip attack(melee touch) 18. Probably good. Trip roll: 26. Outstanding. Rowan will drop his guissarm in the unlikely event that this fails. Attack roll: 10. Probably no good even with against a prone defender (-4 AC). If he hits, though, the dmg is 11

Patlin

Explorer
Previously
Rowan trips the wand wielder, but fails to impale him with his follow up stroke.

Since he can't step away from Rowan while on the floor, drawing out the scroll provokes an AOO from Rowan.

[Need actions from everyone, including both AOO and next action from Rowan.]

Edit to Clarify: The above action from Rowan happened in round 2, not in round 3 as indicated in Manzanitas post. Unless I'm confused again, of course, but I think I'm all over this one so far. ;)

Patlin

Explorer
Initiative (hp, buffs & conditions)
Throndred (7 Damage)
Julianna (11 of 29 hp, Thicken Skin(19 normal +1 = AC 20, Mindlink)
Rowan (18 of 36 hp, Mindlink)
Boog (7 of 19 hp, Mindlink)

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Right - that was round 2. Thanks, Patlin. By the way, is that a real picture of a miniture you painted as your new avatar. I need to know, you see, because I might need to tease you about it later.

IC: Rowan smiles as the wizard(?) draws out his scroll, allowing Rowan another strike. He continues hewing at the prone figure, not making any attempt to parley.

OOC2: Roll 1. AoO round 3 seems to miss. regular attack is quite good (if he gets a chance to take it). 26 to hit; 12 dmg. Crit confirm 26;10. Wow. Can you score another crit on top of a crit? No. But its worth 22 pts dmg if it goes through.

Patlin

Explorer
Code:
  A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |M |N |O |P |Q |R |S |T |U |V |W |X |Y |Z

-9  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-8  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-7  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-6  |  |  |  |[]|[]|[]|[]|DD|[]|[]|[]|[]|oo|[]|[]|[]|[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-5  |  |  |  |[]|  |[]|  |Th|  |ht|ht|ht|  |  |  |P3|[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-4  |  |  |  |[]|dd|[]|  |  |  |Ro|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-3  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |Ju|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-2  |  |  |  |oo|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
-1  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ch|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
00  |  |  |  |[]|XP|  |  |  |  |  |  |ta|ta|ta|  |  |oo|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
01  |  |  |  |oo|  |  |  |  |VM|  |Bo|ch|  |ch|  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
02  |  |  |  |[]|[]|[]|dd|[]|[]|[]|[]|  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
03  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
04  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
05  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
06  |[]|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|dd|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
07  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
08  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
09  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
10  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
11  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
12  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
13  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
14  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
15  |mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|ww|ww|ww| w|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |[]|  |  |  |  |
16  |mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|ww|ww| w|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
17  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
18  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
19  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
20  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
21  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
22  |--|--|--|--|--|--|--|  |--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
23  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
24  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
25  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
26  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Round 3 edit: I just realized guissarms do x3 dmg on a crit. One more roll gives another 11 pts dmg. So if that crit happens, it does 33 pts. Take that you kidnapper of my brother!

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: Right - that was round 2. Thanks, Patlin. By the way, is that a real picture of a miniture you painted as your new avatar. I need to know, you see, because I might need to tease you about it later.

Yeah, I decided funny looking picture of a miniature I painted would be better than funny looking picture of me. Hey, at least this one's in color! :)

Ouch! Huge critical. If Julianna hits as well, that's probably it for the battle.

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Throndred tosses the wand to Boog, and his eyes regain focus.
Boog grabbed the wand and slipped it into a pocket. He struggled to limit himself to a quick "Hah!" of celebration, but it felt wonderful to be the hammer instead of the nail for once.
Patlin said:
With a curse, he steps away from Rowan (who is likely to be nearby) and pulls out a scroll.
"If it worked once, it might work again", thought Boog to himself as he shifted his position to keep his opponent within the short range of his Power. "You should fold that scroll into a dart and sail it over to me for safekeeping", he called as he reached into the other's mind with his own, striving to twist it to his will.[sblock=OoC: ]Not sure if I need to roll anything to snag the wand on the fly or to pick it up off the ground, but it's probably worth a move action to me to do so. I presume it's only a 5-foot step at most to keep Throndred within Boog's 30' range. If not, forget using a move action to deal with the scroll, Boog will move to keep Throndred at the edge of his range. Couple all that with a standard action to manifest Psionic Suggestion again, which should put Boog at 4/16 PP.

Uh, and as an aside, I assume that scholars know how to make paper (or parchment) darts, even if nobody calls them "paper airplanes" yet since the airplane hasn't been invented.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: Round 3 edit: I just realized guissarms do x3 dmg on a crit. One more roll gives another 11 pts dmg. So if that crit happens, it does 33 pts. Take that you kidnapper of my brother!

ooc: Ah, heck! That makes Julianna's hitting or missing moot. Morale of story: don't mess with Rowan's relatives!

ic: Julianna draws her back up weapon and smacks the artificer with it.

Rowan's Polearm comes down in a mamoth blow, smashing through the enemies armor and caving in his chest cavity.
*End of Combat*

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases