Potion
2 scrolls

Artificer
Wand of Fireballs (Unknown charges)
14 scrolls

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Rowan's Polearm comes down in a mamoth blow, smashing through the enemies armor and caving in his chest cavity.
*End of Combat*
Just as Boog started his third attempt at wrestling with the arcanist's mind, he felt the presence of his enemy suddenly jerked away from him. This was new, he didn't recall ever having such a sensation. Seeing Rowan bury his polearm in the man's torso, he realized that his foe was either unconscious or dead. "A waste of good power", thought Boog privately as he released his attack.

Still, this was not the time for bitterness. Despite the pain of his blisters, Boog had the man's wand in his pocket, and the captives were safe from the conspiracy's plans. Boog and his partners had only to release them from their bonds, and they'd be back on their way to the monastery. Who cared how they fared in the Tournament? Boog felt that he'd learned enough just in taking down the three kidnappers to make the trip worthwhile.

He glanced at the captives chained to the wall behind him. He recognized the dromite as Xu Phnug; the other dressed in monastic robes could only be Ton Mei. Glancing at the third prisoner in the far corner, he spoke: "You must be Rowan's brother, are you not? Be patient, we will release you all soon. Which one of you is the werewolf?"

Boog started inspecting the bonds of the closest prisoner to see if the file would be needed, or if there was some more expedient way of releasing the captives.

Patlin

Explorer
"Which one of us is the werewolf? That's what the lunatics who kidnapped us wanted to know!" Ton Mei declares. "I'm no werewolf, that's all I can say about it."

Boog discovers keys to the manacles among various alchemical items on the table.

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
"That's what the lunatics who kidnapped us wanted to know!"

Boog discovers keys to the manacles among various alchemical items on the table.
"Settle down", requested Boog as he grasped the keys and ambled over to free the first prisoner. "We're not the crazy ones who want to extract 'werewolf essence' or whatever it is from your blood." He turned the key in the lock, allowing one sore wrist to escape from it's manacle.

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Combat XP
900 xp each for artificer battle.
Thanks. That should give Boog the 11 XP he needed for 4th level, with a little left over. :)

And with a wand of fireballs and 14 scrolls, there might even be enough loot for him to finally buy that mw crossbow he's been saving up for. :cool:

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan glances about, wild-eyed for a moment after the artificer stops moving. Believing the battle over, he moves to his brother.

"Vanth! Hey buddy. I wondered if I'd ever see you again." Rowan insists on being the one to release Vanth from his shackles. He moves him to a chair tenderly, albeit somewhat warily.

"OK. Tell us what's going on here."

Patlin

Explorer
As you finish releasing the three prisoners, Vanth manages to get into one of the chairs and sits down hard.

"They've been taking my... that is, our, blood and doing some sort of experiment on it. They said they wanted to 'purify lycanthropy' as if there could ever be something pure about an awfull disease like that. Seemed to think it would get them a lot of money somehow."

He looks at Rowan, and seems to be leaving something unsaid.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan hovers over his brother. "But you're OK. Hell, we've bled plenty. Ain't nothing wrong with that in moderation. Listen. I think you should come with me back to this monestary. The monks there know some things about these werewolves. We might learn some useful things. I want you to stick with me. I'm with you, brother. I'm going where you go."

Anything else valuable looking in the room? Are the chains really made of silver? Any fancy alchemical equipment? Looks like there's one door left unexplored.

Patlin

Explorer
Vanth agrees to stick by Rowan, at least for a little while. The chains are made of alchemical silver, and are definitely valuable. The various alchemical gear in use doesn't seem to have much value in its current condition, even assuming handling it would not entail a danger of contracting lycanthropy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases