The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I'm psyched about Rowan again, in any case. & he probably has the distinction of now being the highest level PC to never have set foot in the RDI!

I soured somewhat on Rowan b/c I'd originally planned him to go mostly as a fighter. But I was put off, as I repeatedly am with fighters. They're so combat focused - too few skills and no non-combat abilities. Rowan also regularly uses two or three weapons. The key fighter feat, weapon specialization, didn't seem as useful as for other PCs. I suppose I could have him focus exclusively on the guissarm. I could propose a version of the 'short haft'(?) feat from PHII, where he could use it on adjacent opponents. Or I could drop it entirely, and focus on the flail. That way I could use the darkwood shield. Any advice? At this point it doesn't look like Kirin is going to ever finish teaching him to read anyway.

I love how his background is the focus of the adventure. That's tricky to pull off in a persistant world. In the game I ran on the main board, I customized it for the PC's backgrounds, after putting considerable time into developing those backgrounds with the PCs. This worked well for a time, but after 2 years, only one of the original 8 PCs were still with the group and I didn't have the heart to replace them all & keep it going.

I wanted to do this to some extent with my M series, building a plot w/a familiar set of PCs. Some of the unresolved plot threads I plan on handing out as public domain when M4 has ended, such as the assassin who gave the defenseless Nurlan a good beating & stole his MW heavy crossbow. I'd use him again myself, but I don't plan to continue DMing these same PCs.

Bront

The man with the probe
Patlin said:
"It would be impolite to return insights with someone who has just done me a valuable service, so I will ignore your rudeness." Xu Phung replies, gritting his teeth.

ooc: Sounds like time xp will put you over the top once we close up.
"Then take this as a lesson in humility. She chose you as a student for a reason, though what it could possibly be escapes me. Don't disapoint her."

OOC: I was always puzzled why Roger had Xu Phung as a male given the background and other issues, though i figure is it was because he was a foreign enough species that it didnt' matter to her as much. And there wasn't particularly good blood between the two when they first met (he insulted her and was insulted by Kitrina sending Juliana)

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
OOC: Does the monestary have a name?

The Long Zheng monastery.

Oh, and roleplay XP is fine. I give it out too.

Congratulations on another interesting game, and once again, thanks to Patlin for taking this over.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rowan said:
"I know we've had our differences, but I want you both to know I really appreciate you guys sticking with me and rescuing my brother. I couldn't have done it without you. You have the right to know that my brother is a werewolf, so those jerks were right about something."
"Then you should kill him now, and end his misery before he inflicts it on someone else," Juliana says with a straight face.
Rowan said:
"I'm going to find a cure for my brother. I dont' know how, exactly, but some of these here monks told me about a shrine, deep in the northern mountains, where we might be able to get some help. I plan on taking Vanth up there." Rowan pauses again then looks up. "If'n either of you wanted to come, you'd be most welcome."
Juliana looks at Rowan, then at Vanth, then at Boog, "North is where Katrina is, and I may have need to see her soon. If you don't intend to kill him, perhaps someone who could should come with, just in case. I just hope it pays well."

"The scrolls and gear are mostly useless to me, though the plate looked to be in fine shape. Perhaps I will change my mind once I look at it again"

OOC: She's pretty Mercenary, and had some crafting she'd like to do, but she'll come along. Particularly if we head back to Orussus for a few days so she can finish up her projects (Once she gets her share of the loot).

Any chance we can get all that stuff checked for magic? The scrolls are pretty uninteresting.

Bront

The man with the probe
orsal said:
The Long Zheng monastery.

Oh, and roleplay XP is fine. I give it out too.

Congratulations on another interesting game, and once again, thanks to Patlin for taking this over.
Yes, that's the name.

And it's 1 day North West on foot if my memory serves me correctly.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: I'm psyched about Rowan again, in any case. & he probably has the distinction of now being the highest level PC to never have set foot in the RDI!

Hmm. Does that mean I can't count on you to recruit while in Orussus?

Manzanita

First Post
Bront said:
"Then you should kill him now, and end his misery before he inflicts it on someone else," Juliana says with a straight face.

"You know," says Rowan with a toothy grin. "you're cute when you're bloodthirsty." He continues, still smiling. "But if you try to kill him, I'll have to rip your head off."

Manzanita

First Post
Well, I think the group should return to Orussus. We should take our potions and scrolls to some reputable dealer (read: DiSenzio magic shop), and recruit in the RDI. Upon reflection, I think Rowan is going to have to go in. Given that there's no reward being offered on this upcoming adventure, no reward even on the horizon, really, it's only going to attract a certain type of adventurer. Rowan's the one with a stake in it, so he's the one who should recruit. Do you have any additional info on the shrine in question, Patlin? It's possible that additional details could stir some interest.

Patlin

Explorer
Not to interupt the semi-psychotic banter, of course, but some notes re: loot division.

In order to sell the loot for a fair price, you will first need to have a few spells cast. I assume you will want to have someone cast detect magic and read magic at the least, with identify likely to follow for any non-scroll/potion items that are determined to be enchanted. (An alchemist can identify the potions far cheaper than through the use of identify.)

Do you want to hire an NPC to do this, or are you going to see if you can obtain the service through other PCs? If you want to hire an NPC, a few inquiries will bring you to Rilithorne's tower and we can do a by-the-book ID & sale.

If you are going to try and get some spells cast by or sell some things to other pcs (Rinaldo's shop, PCs that may be hanging about in Orussus, consignment in the RDI etc.) you'll need to take care of that in greater detail.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases