City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Adventurer
Adventure hook

An again the door to the inn opens to show nothing. At least until you look downwards, to the short, young gnome in grey clothes. ¿A new adventurer? A wizard apprentice, if his ink stained fingers are a clue. Maybe an apprentice, bored with his studies, wanting to test his recently learned ´magic missile´ spell against dire monsters.

“Hello” says the gnome. “I´m Grumbo Burroneous, in service for master Nemko, the administrator”

Alas, he´s not wizard, just a clerk.

“I´m looking for four people, known by the names…” Grumbo makes a pause and recites “Wilhelm Irontower, Eroin, Roddick ´the Longing´, and Hulgyr the orc.”

When he´s told that Eroin and Roddick left long ago in an unknown direction, and Wilhelm and Hulgyr are currently involved in adventures, he looks happier.

“Ah, well. Then master Nemko will, uh, settle for different people.” Grumbo draws a piece of paper and reads aloud “I announce that he´s looking for several adventurers of discreet condition that could help him finding someone. Work seems to involve some, er, degree of risk, or he wouldn´t be needing the kind of people that gathers here. Monetary rewards proportional to the difficulty of the task. More details in master Nemko´s office; those interested must also accept to not reveal the details of the meeting.”

The gnome turns to Joe. “May I have a lemonade?” he says “I don´t have money on me, but would you accept a receipt?”

Joe sighs. “No money needed for once” says while filling a large glass.

[sblock]This is the hook for a medium length adventure for 2nd-4th level characters. All types of characters will have their opportunity to shine, but at least one with good social and/or stealth skills will be particulary useful. Giving my posting pace, we can expect to finish it in maybe 4-6 months of real time.

The adventure is the continuation of the storyline presented in wreck ashore, so you may want to have a look at that thread before signing for this one.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
A young and pretty face has been peeking in the windows for some time. A petite young woman has been asking questions about town regarding what to do once in the Inn.

Finally, whether she has mustered up the courage, cased it long enough or simply feels comfortable knowing the proper ettiqutte, she opens the door. Her black hair is pulled back in a ponytail, and she moves with a grace that belies her common clothes.

The lithe young woman heads to the bar "Hey Joe, what do you know?" she asks and announces "I am Kali, I come to find true tests for my skills."

Turning to Joe once the racous crowd has answered she asks for a glass of wine, the vinatge she asks for though causes Joe to raise an eyebrow though he gets it for her.

OOC: Bront: [sblock] Bront, thanks again for your help to get here. And double thanks as it was Kit that inspired Kali. Or at least to play her as a female, though there are many similarities. :)[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: LOL, that might be entertaining to watch. FYI, for anyone who doesn't go with Someone, I have an adventure that will be recruiting (Actualy, El Jeffe will recruit for me (I'm just that good)) afterwards as well.

Patlin

Explorer
Someone said:
More details in master Nemko´s office

"Um... where is master Nemko's office? Somewhere in Orussus?" Banion asks, looking over at Beamer to see if his friend is interested.

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 1 of Hyrag

He gathers his stuff, and says to Banion, "And to you." Then he leaves, on his way to register for the tournament.

Animus

Explorer
Dagummit McCracken

Moments after the half-orc leaves, the unconscious dwarf wakes up. "Aw phooey! There be notin' goin' on here!" He then gets up and leaves the inn for who knows where.

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer thinks, Great, another job full of secrets. This one will probably involve angering the great, lost cult of Asmodeus. Oh well, at least the last job paid well. "Hello Grumbo. My name is Beamer. Always nice to see more people of a normal height," he says with a smile to the rest indicating he means no offense. "All work involves a degree of risk. I would know some more about the task before committing to it, but I can see no harm in a meeting." He looks around the room, "Is anyone else up for it?"

Someone

Adventurer
Patlin said:
"Um... where is master Nemko's office? Somewhere in Orussus?" Banion asks, looking over at Beamer to see if his friend is interested.

The young gnome gets his glass and sits near you. "Sure" says, enjoyin the drink. "Five minutes walk, actually.

"I would know some more about the task before committing to it, but I can see no harm in a meeting." He looks around the room, "Is anyone else up for it?"

"I can tell you very little, maybe that´s why I´m here and not master Nemko himself, like the last time when he had to send people looking for missing ships." adds Grumbo. "I don´t complain, mind you, I have to stay here offering the job and it´s a lot better than holding the pen all day long. Could we stay here a while before coming back to the office? It´d be better if I return with a couple people more, and maybe another adventurer will show in a while."

"Maybe it has to do with the merchants that came yesterday from Gotian." finishes the gnome after a pause. "It always has to do with money."

Animus

Explorer
Nirrassa of Clan Swiftclaw

The door to the Red Dragon Inn opens. You see a being that is a cross between a humanoid and a feline enter. She has green eyes and rusty brown fur. She stands about as tall as a halfling, and weighs as much as well.

"Good day, barrtenderr," she purrs. "I have traveled here from the eastern plains to seek knowledge of this world. I am Nirrassa of the Swiftclaw clan and I am a massterr of the arrcane arrtss."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases