City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Your employers were a'Larat and Diarun, right? No need to worry about them, really. They might not be noble nobles, but they can't afford to screw people over.

As for the tournament, it'll be a few days before it starts. If you hurry, you should be able to sign up for some events, even."

SlagMortar

First Post
"Well, I would really like to get these delivered and out of our hands, but I suppose it is late enough in the day that it wouldn't hurt staying the night."

OOC: Assuming it is around 3:00 in the afternoon.

Patlin

Explorer
"Thank you, Joe. I will be guided by your wisdom."

Turning to Beamer, Azaroth, and Gur, Banion states his intention to take a room for the night and continue on tomorrow. After giving them a chance to respond, he heads upstairs to set this plan in action.

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer goes up stairs to his room for a few minutes before coming back down the stairs. "See you all later," he says to the room as he leaves the Red Dragon Inn. A couple hours later, he returns with his belt pouch overflowing with what one can only assume to be arcane scrolls. To the room in general, he says, "My companions and I are going to collect payment on a comission from some lords in Ravensdale. We believe that they will treat us fairly, but one can never know for sure. If any here would like to accompany us to help ensure we are treated fairly, I would be glad to compensate you your expenses. It should only be a couple days journey. I offer you my friendship as well as 25 crowns per person, payable upon the receipt of my commission. If you are interested, we leave at sunrise. I expect this to be very uneventful and an easily acquired 25 crowns for you, and the more who accompany us, the more likely it is to be uneventful." He pauses for a moment to allow for any questions.

OOC: Beamer is a character participating in Knight Otu's Dance of Souls. We are nearing the end of the adventure, I believe, so this is not really an adventure hook. KO, speak up if you would rather not have any new members join the party for this little bit and we can find an in-character reason for no one to accompany them. Also, have Joe speak up if this counts as recruiting for an adventure and Joe expects some payment for the privilege.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The door to the inn opens slowly, as a young human woman with long red-gold hair and inquisitive green eyes enters carefully and quietly, and speaking matter-of-factly:*

"If I remember, I must give my name. I am Lasair."

*She moves to a cozy corner to watch the others a bit before she says anything else, glancing through the tournament parchment before dismissing it as silly.*

'What sort of competition does not include a debate? All this unnecessary battle...do they not think it wasteful?' she wonders to herself.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The door swings open, and in enters a man dressed primarily in blacks and blues - black breeches, black leather boots, plain black shirt with a more elaborately-designed blue shirt over it, black and blue bracers. His boots show sign of much travel, as do the rest of his relatively plain attire. Slung across his back is a fine-looking lute, and at his hip is a wide variety of weaponry: a coiled whip, a rapier, a shortsword, an axe. His hair extends to the middle of his back, tied back into a loose ponytail, a dirty brown in color; his bright blue eyes show signs of weariness from a long travel.

He glances about the inn as he enters, then bows slightly.

"Well, it's been awhile." He says quietly. His voice then sounds through the inn as he announces his presence. "Howdy, all, th' name's Troi Delmontes, an' I'm a tracker a sorts. Jus' got back from quite a long trip from a festival out east. Ya migh' know me as a lasher, an' I suppose I'm pretty good with a whip. If ya wanta know more er have need a my help, just ask."

With that, he meanders to an empty table near the bar and seats himself.

Knight Otu

First Post
After Beamer has spoken up, Joe waves the halfling to him.

[sblock=Listen 5, Except Beamer]"You know the rules, Beamer. Those who offer jobs need to pay according to what I think they should. And I think 10 gold would be a fair price to ask.
Besides, I've listened around. One of the guilds in Ravensdale is the banking guild. You shouldn't have problems finding a bank if you need one."[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Warren look at Eskon. "It's time to leave." He opens the door and look outside. He hesitate than add to the people inside. "I'm leaving to Allimon. Two days trip back to here. I need to fetch a command and excort a lady back to Orussus. If anyone else is interested, fifty gold pay and reduction to di Senzio's Tournement contest. Just gather in front of the Inn, as we are leaving soon if we want to arrive at Allimon before sunset."

[SBLOCK=FormidableDice]Still interested by the Tournement?[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
"Hello Lasair. Hello Troi. My name is Beamer and it's a pleasure to meet you," says the small halfling with a wave of his frail hand.
Leaning close to Joe, Beamer says
Listen DC 5
[SBLOCK]Oh come on Joe. It's just as much about making new friends as it is about a job. Besides, it's such a small job. Five gold pieces would be more in order, don't you think? It doesn't even look like anyone is going to take me up on it.[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads